Autopsy Roast & Toast vs West Coast, Changes for Hawthorn, Saturday July 22

Best vs West Coast

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was referring to the 10 day break acting as a bye between Sydney July 6th to Westcockers July 16th not the Brissy match most teams have struggled to come up against the extended break,

Okay. So it was kinda like a bye then. Although that bye nonsense disappeared in the previous round when I think 3 teams won despite having the bye the week before.

The sooner they just have a week off in the middle of the year the better. I hate the bye rounds.

Any of the analysts on here notice if it was Pickett to the wing later in the game and Macca down forward?
Was this a mini masterstroke? Tall, good overhead mark and a reasonable set shot, good little tap to jack which got Pickett the goal.

Maybe they identified he was struggling and needed the switch with Marlion?

Frustrating how he is in the ones before Mansell, Brown, Trezise and Coulthard. He's really been disappointing this season and looks like he should be in the Alpine regions downhill skiing rather than on a footy field.
Maybe he could be another of those types who gets a game because of his running capacity ahead of actual football skills? I'm ****ed if I know. He doesn't impact the game when he comes on and when he did get sent back to the VFL he didn't do much at all.

And yet was promoted to sub again. Very strange.

Any of the analysts on here notice if it was Pickett to the wing later in the game and Macca down forward?
Was this a mini masterstroke? Tall, good overhead mark and a reasonable set shot, good little tap to jack which got Pickett the goal.

Maybe they identified he was struggling and needed the switch with Marlion?
I think he (McIntosh) just drifted forward.

why dont we farrken hack kick roll it in every time we go inside 50

when we do that we score a goal 90% of the time. someone tell them big sexy isnt there and we only have one tall forward who has 40 campaigners hanging off him

these campaigners are still bombing it in and it comes straight out

Very bad look for mrj on the bench. Disappointing.

What happened there? The game was making me nod off and when I was startled by something, I saw him on the bench basically slapping the phone away from a team mate trying to hand it to him. Was his pissy because RalphSmith got some match time?

At least it shows some hunger?

why dont we farrken hack kick roll it in every time we go inside 50

when we do that we score a goal 90% of the time. someone tell them big sexy isnt there and we only have one tall forward who has 40 campaigners hanging off him

these campaigners are still bombing it in and it comes straight out

You are too smart for this board Groupie

I saw most of the VFL game and Mansell straight IN I hope.

Banks for Brown or Tresize. Or give him one more game?

Cumberland sub

Miller kicked a goal. He never gets much of the ball but his back up ruck work is good. He's quick. Ryan gets the ball almost exactly the same amount as Miller.

Soldo and Ryan as ruck KPF? Well Ryan flew over there so he can't be far away in selectors' minds. While Soldo is in the AFL team, VFL team could've done with Ryan.

Ryan's development might be best served playing ruck in the VFL until Nank returns.

Knowing Mini. No changes.
When hasn't he made changes since he took over? He's given Bauer, Banks, Cumbo, MRJ, Miller, Ross, Hugo all decent shots at it. I don't think that's correct at all, unless you can prove otherwise?

lol,wouldnt of got a game if Nank wasnt suspended, what on earth are u talkin about ? are u saying selecting Soldo was a masterstroke?

do u actually watch ? do u actually watch HRS ?
A player playing at his best was my point , the coaches role is to create an environment that players are at their best , carping about who’s the sub is just a massive fail , try harder next time to make a point ,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross is getting better and better at breaking game disposals. sort of a mini dusty the way he uses the ball, speaking of using the ball dusty was excellent.
Hitting the scoreboard lately really increases his impact.

1.0 goal in his first 8 games
1.0, 0.1, 1.0, 2.2 and 1.0 n his past 5.

1 shot in 8 games to 8 shots in 5. The Mini effect? Guys like him and Short are suddenly kicking regularly goals after nothing under Dimma this year.

If we played like that against a better side we wouldn't have just lost. We would have been smashed. We are way off the mark sadly.
If we played a better side we wouldn't have played like that.

For the vast majority of games we play to our opponents level. We don't often win or lose by a lot.

When hasn't he made changes since he took over? He's given Bauer, Banks, Cumbo, MRJ, Miller, Ross, Hugo all decent shots at it. I don't think that's correct at all, unless you can prove otherwise?
He's played musical chairs with those guys and has refused to make the hard calls on JGTI, kmAC, Pickett and Grimes

Frustrating how he is in the ones before Mansell, Brown, Trezise and Coulthard. He's really been disappointing this season and looks like he should be in the Alpine regions downhill skiing rather than on a footy field.
Hugo has mainly been used as a flanker in the ones this season. Mansell as a small pressure forward. So not comparable there. Coulthard has played 6 games. As a forward primarily. Last weekend 11 disposals, 1 goal (3 kicks, 4 marks, 8 handballs, 4 tackles), not sure he's over taken say Sonsie who can play a more similar role to HRS who last weekend had 27 disposals, 1 goal, 16 kicks, 4 marks, 11 hand]balls, 3 tackles.
Trezise and Brown interest me. Maybe along with Sonsie, they all vie for the two roles of HRS and Banks for next weekend? Mansell is a must to replace MRJ next weekend.

He's played musical chairs with those guys and has refused to make the hard calls on JGTI, kmAC, Pickett and Grimes
Correct, probably why his coaching record is at 5-2. He is making the hard calls and the correct ones it seems.

Hugo has mainly been used as a flanker in the ones this season. Mansell as a small pressure forward. So not comparable there. Coulthard has played 6 games. As a forward primarily. Last weekend 11 disposals, 1 goal (3 kicks, 4 marks, 8 handballs, 4 tackles), not sure he's over taken say Sonsie who can play a more similar role to HRS who last weekend had 27 disposals, 1 goal, 16 kicks, 4 marks, 11 hand]balls, 3 tackles.
Trezise and Brown interest me. Maybe along with Sonsie, they all vie for the two roles of HRS and Banks for next weekend? Mansell is a must to replace MRJ next weekend.
Nah as they have rotations in which you could easily slot these players into. HRS was average in that game and he has proven to be unable to step up at the next level so Brown first needs to play as he's an A grader.

Nah as they have rotations in which you could easily slot these players into. HRS was average in that game and he has proven to be unable to step up at the next level so Brown first needs to play as he's an A grader.
Just so you understand, I am agreeing in that Hugo needs a run in the twos fyi.

Back