• Liam Baker

Votes: 101 57.7%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing performance, overall. Bad skill errors causing very detrimental turnovers, too many un-seen and non-pressuring forwards that allowed way too much rebound from defensive 50. Defenders looked out of position and out of sorts. Ellis back there is not a band-aid; if he has to play defence, he should be replaced in the team, as I've only seen him play quality games on the wing.

The most annoying thing to me is that any player (especially the opposition) are allowed to drop the ball as soon as they're tackled (or throw it) and Dusty is absolutely reamed by the umpires if he even so much as thinks about taking the game on... I reckon this is why Dusty is looking for the handball so quickly, because he knows the umpires are giving him basically zero latitude with his disposal... this kills his game-breaking ability :(

Mate, I love your posting but what a crock of *********, Injuries are no excuse lel.

First lets address the famous PF loss. We played ****, had a **** game and lost. Period. It happens to sides. What you intentionally ignore is sides have had two years, 2017 and 2018 to work on how to beat our game plan, yet we won the flag in 17 and were 2 games clear in the home and away in 18. It's funny, people ignore that to peddle the "OMG DIMMA HAS NO PLAN B AND WE ARE ****** CAUSE WE ONLY PLAY ONE WAY" narrative.

Now lets drill down in our losses and why I believe injuries did and do play a huge part if they happen IN GAME.

Pies rnd 2. We lose jack mid way through the second quarter. We also play Macintosh injured as he did a cork mid way through that very same quarter. It killed our run, we tried to make jack useful but he wasnt. Keep in mind we were only a goal or so down in the 3rd as well. Once our run dried up we got over run and the scores blew out...funny thing is we have been doing that to sides for the past two years :p

GWS - We lose short 5 minutes in the first. We stabalise and are right in the game, even though our accuracy was ****, we were only 6 or so points down. We then lose Rioli when the gws player shoved him into davis and nearly broke his ribs for a quarter and a half. Reduces us to only 2 fit guys for rotations for 1 and half quarters...we spend huge petrol tickets and by the start of the 3rd are still in it but tiring. We lose chip for all the 4th and get over run.

V Port- To say we got lucky, mate your a better poster then that, across all metrics we out played port. Ditto the swans.

The dogs game, we were out played and out gunned. We are missing all of our leadership group and fielding a young side. I'll say that again, we are missing all of our leadership group and fielding a very young side. Seriously, you tell me that the pies would be going great if they lost Pendles, Degoyie, Treloar basically for the year and have had adams, cox and pick a B player from there backline on top of that out to balance the quality we have out.

On the keepings off game plan your bemoaning. It's come into vogue now but its been around for decades, its not used often simply it breaks down when you play man on man or your disposal lets you down. It's been used against us across all games yet we are 4 and 3 and have some serious why we have lost 3 games, not just game plan related.

Are we playing well, obviously not. Having such a young underbelly is going to cause inconsistencies during games, it happens to young sides WHICH WE ARE atm, so judge the sides performance on that. Personally, thank god we have good coaching group that have us 4-3. We just have to level peg, get as much game time into the stacks, Ross in the side til our main core group returns.

By round 16 if the footy gods allow, our full sides back, outside of Rance and we still continue to lose games, then ill be the first one to post we have major issues but till then I am treating our side as a young side. The silver lining in all this is that we have experienced players like Edwards, Grimes, Vlaustin and Meatball now being exposed to leadership during games and what that actually means, thats huge experience for them, and will make us a better side going forward.

Short version- To say injuries are no excuse and all our wins were lucky, pull your head in.
Mate I wish I had your considered mind-set.

I nearly put my foot through the screen midway through the 3rd quarter against the doggies...you make some great valid points.

Mate, I love your posting but what a crock of *********, Injuries are no excuse lel.

First lets address the famous PF loss. We played ****, had a **** game and lost. Period. It happens to sides. What you intentionally ignore is sides have had two years, 2017 and 2018 to work on how to beat our game plan, yet we won the flag in 17 and were 2 games clear in the home and away in 18. It's funny, people ignore that to peddle the "OMG DIMMA HAS NO PLAN B AND WE ARE ****** CAUSE WE ONLY PLAY ONE WAY" narrative.

Now lets drill down in our losses and why I believe injuries did and do play a huge part if they happen IN GAME.

Pies rnd 2. We lose jack mid way through the second quarter. We also play Macintosh injured as he did a cork mid way through that very same quarter. It killed our run, we tried to make jack useful but he wasnt. Keep in mind we were only a goal or so down in the 3rd as well. Once our run dried up we got over run and the scores blew out...funny thing is we have been doing that to sides for the past two years :p

GWS - We lose short 5 minutes in the first. We stabalise and are right in the game, even though our accuracy was ****, we were only 6 or so points down. We then lose Rioli when the gws player shoved him into davis and nearly broke his ribs for a quarter and a half. Reduces us to only 2 fit guys for rotations for 1 and half quarters...we spend huge petrol tickets and by the start of the 3rd are still in it but tiring. We lose chip for all the 4th and get over run.

V Port- To say we got lucky, mate your a better poster then that, across all metrics we out played port. Ditto the swans.

The dogs game, we were out played and out gunned. We are missing all of our leadership group and fielding a young side. I'll say that again, we are missing all of our leadership group and fielding a very young side. Seriously, you tell me that the pies would be going great if they lost Pendles, Degoyie, Treloar basically for the year and have had adams, cox and pick a B player from there backline on top of that out to balance the quality we have out.

On the keepings off game plan your bemoaning. It's come into vogue now but its been around for decades, its not used often simply it breaks down when you play man on man or your disposal lets you down. It's been used against us across all games yet we are 4 and 3 and have some serious why we have lost 3 games, not just game plan related.

Are we playing well, obviously not. Having such a young underbelly is going to cause inconsistencies during games, it happens to young sides WHICH WE ARE atm, so judge the sides performance on that. Personally, thank god we have good coaching group that have us 4-3. We just have to level peg, get as much game time into the stacks, Ross in the side til our main core group returns.

By round 16 if the footy gods allow, our full sides back, outside of Rance and we still continue to lose games, then ill be the first one to post we have major issues but till then I am treating our side as a young side. The silver lining in all this is that we have experienced players like Edwards, Grimes, Vlaustin and Meatball now being exposed to leadership during games and what that actually means, thats huge experience for them, and will make us a better side going forward.

Short version- To say injuries are no excuse and all our wins were lucky, pull your head in.
Tiger71 's account been hacked.
2 likes within a day.
WTF!

Disappointing performance, overall. Bad skill errors causing very detrimental turnovers, too many un-seen and non-pressuring forwards that allowed way too much rebound from defensive 50. Defenders looked out of position and out of sorts. Ellis back there is not a band-aid; if he has to play defence, he should be replaced in the team, as I've only seen him play quality games on the wing.

The most annoying thing to me is that any player (especially the opposition) are allowed to drop the ball as soon as they're tackled (or throw it) and Dusty is absolutely reamed by the umpires if he even so much as thinks about taking the game on... I reckon this is why Dusty is looking for the handball so quickly, because he knows the umpires are giving him basically zero latitude with his disposal... this kills his game-breaking ability :(
shouldn't the club bring this to the umps attention and ask for a reason WHY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Astbury, Butler
Out: Menadue, Rioli

I'd like to see Towner come in but not sure who for

edit: Towner HAS to come in. Hamling will do to Lynchy exactly what Trengove did and Pearce will do as he pleases if Towner doesn't come in and make one of them accountable. Lynch needs some help.
I'm not writing Butler off but I'd prefer he didn't come straight back in. (2 of his goals were cheap as..)The forward line/whole team might benefit from Townsend's point of differences. Plus Egg and Naish have been playing even better. I'd rather either of them. And as tall defenders go, Garth has been playing that role. Must be under considerations

Last edited:
They should but Richmond's guiding principle is to continually praise the umpires who are faultlessly fair but do sometimes struggle with intrepreting the complex rules of todays fast-paced game

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
They’ve tried to call out the umpires before, just ended up with another reaming the week after. :(

I'm not writing Butler off but I'd prefer he didn't come straight back in. (2 of his goals were cheap as..)The forward line/whole team might benefit from Townsend's point of differences. Plus Egg and Naish have been playing even better. I'd rather either of them. And as tall defenders go, Garth has been playing that role. Must be under considerations
I'm not a huge fan but he'll come back in if Rioli doesn't get up

Back