Discussion Ross Lyon asks another question : Is Stephen Milne Wayne Carey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyon paid tribute to Stephen Milne’s courage for playing a key role and kicking three goals in the Saints fightback despite suffering serious swelling to his cheek after an early clash of heads.

“He was fine. I was concerned because you’ve got a responsibility as coach not to put your players in danger but the medical opinion was that it was just puffed up and there was no health risk.

“He has his knockers. But he’s been at St Kilda a while, he’s a finals player, he’s kicked 45 goals. Is he Wayne Carey?

0,,6202637,00.jpg

Lyon paid tribute to Stephen Milne’s courage for playing a key role and kicking three goals in the Saints fightback despite suffering serious swelling to his cheek after an early clash of heads.

“He was fine. I was concerned because you’ve got a responsibility as coach not to put your players in danger but the medical opinion was that it was just puffed up and there was no health risk.

“He has his knockers. But he’s been at St Kilda a while, he’s a finals player, he’s kicked 45 goals. Is he Wayne Carey?

0,,6202637,00.jpg

How much crap does Milney cop and yet he still deliver's,close to kicking 50 goals this season and yet everybody wants him dropped ?? You get the whole package with him so you have to take the good and bad and 50 goals will do me !!!!!!:thumbsu:

His effort was sensational yesterday. If it was any other player yesterday, the commentators would have gone on and on about how couragous the player is for returning to the field after a heavy knock. Great stuff Milnedog, I wouldn't trade you for the world.

Squizz, you cheeky devil, you did not quote the entire article...

http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Default.aspx?newsid=65712

... Lyon paid tribute to Stephen Milne’s courage for playing a key role and kicking three goals in the Saints fightback despite suffering serious swelling to his cheek after an early clash of heads.

“He has his knockers. But he’s been at St Kilda a while, he’s a finals player, he’s kicked 45 goals. Is he Wayne Carey? No, but he’s got a role to play at St Kilda."

And he certainly did ! Well done, Milney !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back