Rumour Ross Lyon offered 5 year deal by Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty could leave, and wouldn't hold it against him. 5 years @ $1m a year would set him up for life, more so if he could be successful there and earn a few more years. We're going into a phase of rebuilding which means clearing out the dead wood as well as a possible new gameplan meaning that whether we have Ross or another coach next year, our ladder position will be all the same.

Could possibly turn out better for all involved if he was allowed to go to Melbourne, regardless of contract with us

just got sms from my daughter saying Ross has told the players 5 million for 5 years. " How could I not take it ". I dont know how reliable her source is.:confused: (Apparently friend of a friend of a player down at the club)

just got sms from my daughter saying Ross has told the players 5 million for 5 years. " How could I not take it ". I dont know how reliable her source is.:confused: (Apparently friend of a friend of a player down at the club)

Reliable enough for Grant Thomas to write an article about it, contact him immediately

For the rest of us who possess thought power beyond "REVEEEENNNGGEEEEEE!!!!!!!", I'd say not very - word is it's 4 years on the table, not 5 from the Dees

I hate to say it, but I think the best option for a replacement for Ross would be Malthouse.
Malthouse has been a coach for 20 years.

Lyon has been a coach for 5.

The story of Ross Lyon is far from finished.

Interesting choice for a first post. :thumbsu:

I say this with the utmost respect for Ross, but if he wants out, then get out now, dont leave it for a month in the future. Nettlefold interview was pathetic, reeked of uncertainty. Fairly obvious that Ross can leave without any legal implications and we can start the search for a new coach early.

Would love to have Ross around next year, but I'm making the call now, I'd want him commit or leave now

If Ross waited a month and decided to leave, that would be the worst possible scenario for us. List management would be thrown into disarray, it could be disastrous for us. We need stability at operational and coaching level more than ever right now.

If Ross waited a month and decided to leave, that would be the worst possible scenario for us. List management would be thrown into disarray, it could be disastrous for us. We need stability at operational and coaching level more than ever right now.

I think we know what next year would be like - we saw a glimpse of it this year. We would be lucky to avoid the spoon. Any of our stars that hadn't left would be gone by the end of 2012 to GC and GWS, and really anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say this with the utmost respect for Ross, but if he wants out, then get out now, dont leave it for a month in the future. Nettlefold interview was pathetic, reeked of uncertainty. Fairly obvious that Ross can leave without any legal implications and we can start the search for a new coach early.

Would love to have Ross around next year, but I'm making the call now, I'd want him commit or leave now

Why on earth should Ross do that?

Ross has a vision of what he needs to rebuild the club.

If negotiations are necessary to achieve the right outcome then I'd rather Ross left no stone unturned in the effort to achieve it rather than walk out now.

It's the club that needs to get a move on, not Ross.

Why on earth should Ross do that?

Ross has a vision of what he needs to rebuild the club.

If negotiations are necessary to achieve the right outcome then I'd rather Ross left no stone unturned in the effort to achieve it rather than walk out now.

It's the club that needs to get a move on, not Ross.

The administration will put onto the table what the administration believes is fair terms. You or I may not agree with it, but we are not apart of the inner sanctum. If Ross believes the contract is not up to his liking, then he is within his rights to say to the administration "No". He knows he is in demand, he knows he has more bargaining power, he knows it will make more fiscal sense to go to the Demons and he knows that we will most likely not match what the Demons lay down in front of him.

If he believes that he would like to target some extra cash and hugely increased job security at an up and coming team, then let him, i certainly won't hold it against him. The club by no means needs to get a move on, he is contracted, we have done our work, it's up to Ross to decide what road he would like to take. If he wants out, then tell admin sooner rather than later and they will not have much choice to allow him to leave - why keep a coach whose priorities lie elsewhere?

He'll stay at the Saints, I reckon we're trying to get Malthouse, just waiting for finals to finish. Apart from Green we've signed just about everybody we can, Scully's gone for money buts that's his choice.

We have to fight tooth and nail to keep Ross. We're still going places... this talk about window slammed shut has been around for years now, it's crap. We can still win a flag with Lyon and we can do it in the next couple of years. I still feel that he has a plan for this team, and it would be very unsettling to lose the coach at this stage.

Also, why the hell he'd want to move to a pea-hearted club like Melbourne is beyond me. Please stay Rossy.

It's pretty simple. If he doesn't want to coach St Kilda then he goes. We don't want a coach who doesn't want to be here.

If he stays on then obviously he wants to be here and is in for the long haul. Which I bloody hope he is.

But yeah, pretty simple. Let's just hope he makes his mind up before too long.

Ross, please go now.

Game plan is boring, players are over you so best to move on and be well recognised for you great work.

Hope he goes to Melbourne as it would be a win/win for both clubs.

We need to bring back the fine selection committee that discovered Ross and get them back to work to unearth the next best thing coming through. They identified Lyon when many had no idea.

Move on everyone.

Yes committed for 2012 - apparently finer details of any extention beyond next year to be sorted out.....

Ross, please go now.

Game plan is boring, players are over you so best to move on and be well recognised for you great work.

Hope he goes to Melbourne as it would be a win/win for both clubs.

We need to bring back the fine selection committee that discovered Ross and get them back to work to unearth the next best thing coming through. They identified Lyon when many had no idea.

Move on everyone.

Welcome back Mr Negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back