Preview Round 1 2018 - Sydney Swans at West Coast Eagles (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine it's a huge mistake not to pick Hayward. He played great over there last year and their backline isn't strong enough to play multiple athletic forwards. He would have been the perfect third first after Buddy and Reid for this game, whereas I think Fox and McVeigh's game plan responsibilities will overlap a bit.

Anyway, first round of the year so I'll trust the coaching staff (also, I'm a certified Hayward stan so very bias).

Yeah odd choice to have Newman, McVeigh and Fox all in the same side.

I probably would have picked Hayward but I'm not aghast at not picking him. He's a really exciting player but his end of last season and his JLT Series both showed he has a long way to go before he's a lock in the side. Of course he can pop up and do some high quality things here and there but he would barely be sighted most of the game. He's young and not all that strong yet so I'm not saying he's behind where he should be, he just has to find consistency and probably start adding a few strings to his bow. Start playing on a wing and having an impact, maybe going into centre bounces - that'll start happening this year I think.

I certainly expected him to be picked with Rohan not playing though, so I am a little surprised. I think the coaches all rate him highly, he just isn't a lock in the side yet. He'll probably be a lock by the end of the year but he's just gotta earn it for now.

Tell you what we have chosen a pretty good team but our odds for winning this game are ridiculous.
Most likely due to there outs in keenedy who is there barometer , plus McKenzie who normally does well on buddy and the retirement of priddis who still was there best ball winner last year and Mitchell wasn’t no spud

that is many words but what does Foote have to do with those premiership players.
Crouch had fine disposal, Mathews did not but at least had some other things going for him.
Foote is more like a Sundqvist, a Thewlis or McGlone. I think even at a stretch he's not even a poor mans Tim Schmidt.

If you don't want to say anything negative about a player its your prerogative but its pretty irksome to come across walls of text that have nothing to do with the topic when someone posts a valid criticism.

No probs.
I guess your '4 bricks' of text in response are more relevant but perhaps only because you are more entitled.

The relevance? Foote is a traveling emergency for the game mentioned in the thread title with many asking why he is even thought of by the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine it's a huge mistake not picking Hayward. He played great over there last year and WCE's backline isn't strong enough to defend multiple athletic forwards. He would have been the perfect third forward after Buddy and Reid for this game, whereas I think Fox and McVeigh's game plan responsibilities will overlap a bit.

Anyway, first round of the year so I'll trust the coaching staff (also, I'm a certified Hayward stan so very bias).
I disagree I don't think his form warranted it, and i think with Gary down it says a lot he still didn't get a game.

But I absolutely love the attitude. He's a gun and he deserves that acclaim!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

50 games.
From a dud.
From a "Dud" (That's played 50 more games than you, I or most people & deserves his praise without being s**t on still IMO - Particularly for the last 10 or so games where he's actually contributing well).

Full credit to Towers, he's done well to get to 50 games as it has not been easy. Do not rate him at all but by golly he's got ticker and tries his guts out every time he steps foot on the field. I think that's something we should really just appreciate in players - that ability to try your hardest whenever you wear the Bloods jumper - whether you're Foote or Franklin. Save the slagging for those who aren't willing to do so.

Full credit to Towers, he's done well to get to 50 games as it has not been easy. Do not rate him at all but by golly he's got ticker and tries his guts out every time he steps foot on the field. I think that's something we should really just appreciate in players - that ability to try your hardest whenever you wear the Bloods jumper - whether you're Foote or Franklin. Save the slagging for those who aren't willing to do so.
Hear, hear :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back