Preview Round 1, 2021: GWS v St.Kilda - GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 21st March, 3:20PM AEDT *HIGHMORE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 67.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better he needs the time now compared to finals time. Hopefully all is okay with his family/community and he can return very soon.

Ah well, Hunter gets a chance. GWS round 1 should be ok dealing with Flynn/Briggs- other debutants. But coming up against Gawn in R2 is a very tough ask, he didn't look to have much of a leap in the North praccy game and considering Gawn's height I can't see us winning many taps. Oliver and Petracca will have first use all day, was reasonably confident about that game but it's not gonna be easy now.

Did they say when Ryder could be back? These things have the potential to drag out but hopefully he is back for round 3 or so, and hopefully RoMa is fit around the same time. How good would it be to bring them both back in the same week.

In reality we were looking to exploit a GWS weakness, as long as Hunter competes then we hope our mids can do the work.

Melbourne dominated English and Martin in the hitouts but still soundly lost the clearances, the dogs midfield is superb and the dees were missing Oliver and Viney but hopefully we can find a way to split the contest cause we beat them everywhere else on the ground.

Completely agree with other comments that it's great to see our club put the players' mental health first and giving Ryder some time is a great example of that, especially with all the work the club is trying to do in Spud's legacy.

But, I can't help but feel concerned due to the fact that this is happening after he has been unavailable due to concussion. I hope there aren't any lingering effects.
Any idea what time training starts Friday?

9.30 -1000am. Full on match practice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy needs to do what's best for his health and I am so glad the club is putting player welfare first.

But from a pure footy perspective, this hurts. Starting to get concerned about who is missing and whether we can cover for these injuries.

Rd1 might be alright because GWS will have a debutant ruck too, but rd2 against Gawn will be a bloodbath. And we are now 1 injury away from Alabakis having to play which is a scary thought.

Hopefully Marshall is tracking well and doesnt have any setbacks because we need him asap.

Given Paddy's an old man now, feels like it isn't a bad thing for him to miss a few games at the start of the season, give him a better chance of being cherry ripe for finals rather than running out of legs.

im worried it might have something to do with the concussion

EDIT: just saw might have something to do with a separation

Everyone reckons I am a kumbiah type of guy about the Saints so here goes.

Remember back in the day, we had Dean Cox all but signed because he couldn't get a game in front of Gardiner then Gardiner did a knee and Cox went on to become AA?
Well I reckon Hunter is the same situation but we got him.
There I said it. Hunter could be the next Dean Cox

How ever long Paddy needs just don’t rush Marshal back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back