Preview Round 1: Essendon vs Hawthorne, Docklands, Saturday 20/03/21 @ 7:25 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree, his softness and composure are far bigger issues than his poor disposal.
Again, softness is not something I would criticize Redman for. If anything his issues lie in the other direction.

Wonder whether we'll continue our team sheet shenanigans or whether Rutten is a 'name the players where they'll actually play' kind of guy.
Worsfold's tactics were limited to 3 things;

- Hooker forward
- Stringer midfield
- Teamsheet tomfoolery

Wonder whether we'll continue our team sheet shenanigans or whether Rutten is a 'name the players where they'll actually play' kind of guy.
Everyone does it nowadays

Because Cahill has the potential to overtake him very quickly and we're more invested in 3 years from now rather than this year
Or the fact he has a foot injury or he would be playing.😎

Not sure if we need to play another tall back, especially against Hawthorn. For comparison:

Grimes 193cm - Ridley 192cm
Balta 194cm - Francis 193cm
Astbury 195cm - Laverde 193cm

Yes, the Tiger key backs are slightly taller, but it's not like they tower over ours.

Not sure if we need to play another tall back, especially against Hawthorn. For comparison:

Yes, the Tiger key backs are slightly taller, but it's not like they tower over ours.
Nathan Broad is 190 cm as well. As well as the fact that we break even in one of those comparisons, the other two are heavy losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 gun defenders + athletic kid with a lot of promise on the Tigers side
We have a HFF, a loose utility with poor fitness & Ridley.

Until Reid & Brand are ready, our backline is in some trouble.

Worsfold's tactics were limited to 3 things;

- Hooker forward
- Stringer midfield
- Teamsheet tomfoolery

you forgot his biggest (and worst) tactic...............treating players like they were employees at a billion dollar tech company

2 gun defenders + athletic kid with a lot of promise on the Tigers side
We have a HFF, a loose utility with poor fitness & Ridley.

Until Reid & Brand are ready, our backline is in some trouble.
People have a habit of forgetting this but basically, Grimes and Astbury were both pretty average up until 2016-17.

You're right though that Balta is an athletic freak who has come on quite quickly. He's no doubt benefited from playing in an otherwise tightly-knit defensive unit that is used to playing together.

The problem is the actual defensive capability of ours.

Balta v Francis are a world apart in their ability to defend a genuine KPF for example.

- Stringer midfield
I'm going to have to give a pass on this one. If Jakey can get on the park, I think his run in the pivot will make him a better player overall.

If anything, it's taken his one dimensional putting his hand up at the back of the back looking for the 'over the top', to more of a bodying tough mid sized forward role which we need.

Let's just hope his body can recover.

I'm going to have to give a pass on this one. If Jakey can get on the park, I think his run in the pivot will make him a better player overall.

If anything, it's taken his one dimensional putting his hand up at the back of the back looking for the 'over the top', to more of a bodying tough mid sized forward role which we need.

Let's just hope his body can recover.
Nah I liked the move too - but just saying it was one of literally a couple tactics he had lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back