Autopsy Round 1 v Tigers - If only the quarters were longer

Remove this Banner Ad

Had 24hrs to think about it and I a can be categorised for being negative
but last night was a fail because regardless of the effort to get back and lose by 25 points
You can't win footbal matches when a team lays 23 tackles
and the bulk of your ball carriers can't get 20 possessions at 70% efficiency. Infact 3 of the them can't get the ball 10 times in a game
Setterfield 7 possession at 67% disposal efficiency
Dow 7 at 57% DE
Walsh 19 at 32% DE
Curnow 16 at 56 DE
Gibbons 7 71 DE

Had 24hrs to think about it and I a can be categorised for being negative
but last night was a fail because regardless of the effort to get back and lose by 25 points
You can't win footbal matches when a team lays 23 tackles
and the bulk of your ball carriers can't get 20 possessions at 70% efficiency. Infact 3 of the them can't get the ball 10 times in a game
Setterfield 7 possession at 67% disposal efficiency
Dow 7 at 57% DE
Walsh 19 at 32% DE
Curnow 16 at 56 DE
Gibbons 7 71 DE
Agree ... and therefore what is so disappointing is that if some of these players can just lift their intent we would win so many more games ... twenty something tackles ... disgraceful effortless first half ... and yet we were still in the game late ... it’s so obvious and yet so disappointing ...

how would bulking up a little be detrimental to his game though? its a physical game regardless where you play. strength and a bit of bulk would only give them more confidence.

Possible down sides are loss of speed and injuries due to body shape not handling the extra weight. Fisher is naturally a light body frame, there's only so much you can add to that before it becomes a disadvantage.

His go is just off the contest for a receive and go with delivery by foot into the F50 or kicking the running goal.

Cripps carried us. Wins the ball when he has no right to, gets the hands out when he has even less right to.
Docherty was amazing all things considered.
Martin looks v exciting
Gov is getting a rough time but thought he crashed packs and gave our smalls every opportunity - Eddie would've had a ball

Cunningham - what's his deal? Just drifts in and out, no confidence whatsoever.
Setterfield - remind me what his strengths are? His disposal is average, he's not a ball magnet, not dangerous in the air, not overly physical.
Dow - needs to improve. Why is he still so small? Has he gained any weight since draft year?

Rest ok. Fisher has enough tickets in the bank to have a quiet one.

Finally watched the game today. Martin and Cripps very good. How Gold Coast let him walk away for nothing boggles my mind.

They (Gold Coast) dared to spar with the Italian stallion and lost (Silvagni)

giphy.gif

Must resist the urge to yell our 'ADRIAN every time Marty kicks a soda for us.

Silvagni kicked 2.1, took a great pack mark 15 metres out which he had to give up to Martin who was paid a free.
He should have had 3 goals (25% of our goals)
Jack is hit up, pinch hit forward who applies pressure and is dangerous in the air. He’s doing his job fine in that specific role.

Not sure which game you were watching...
Needs to get more involved like a number of players. He also got a shot at goal from a free kick when someone else took a mark so evens out the Martin one.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about setterfield as a player long term, will be a very good player. Just doesn't seem to be in form at the moment.

Those saying he shouldn't play wing, he and O'Brien were wing for most the year last year and setters played great footy on the wing. I just think it's a form thing, I'd be telling him to just run more.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of people potting dow forgetting he still doesn't turn 21 even till October
Shouldn’t be potting him but he is a big worry. He has been in the system for three years and doesn’t look like he has improved. If a kid doesn’t improve from 15 to his draft year as an 18 year old you would be bloody worried about their potential, same goes on an AFL list imo.

Greene and De Goey were recruited as midfielders, and were converted into forwards.
DeGoey was a flanker or forward who chopped out in the midfield. He was never a proven mid, was a much better forward before being drafted.
Greene is a freak who was the equal to Walsh in his first season. If we have any kid show half the talent he has then they can play wherever they want. Bloody rare talent.

Dow - needs to improve. Why is he still so small? Has he gained any weight since draft year?

It is a bit concerning...doesn't look to have improved much physically since he was drafted.
Doesn't seem any stronger or faster. Not sure about endurance but no obvious improvement.

He actually stood out last night as looking like the weakest player on the field physically.

When Dow is chasing defensively he never seems to gain any ground on his opponent...they just power away from him.

Shouldn’t be potting him but he is a big worry. He has been in the system for three years and doesn’t look like he has improved. If a kid doesn’t improve from 15 to his draft year as an 18 year old you would be bloody worried about their potential, same goes on an AFL list imo.

Doesn‘t look like he’s been near the weights room in his time at the club.

Just a thought. Would Murph be better utilised as a small forward. With Eddie missing for the next month, maybe this could work. Kicks freakish goals when needed and has the nous to get his share of frees.
Depends on how the rest of our mids are going, until someonest else steps up and takes his place I think he stays where he is .

to me it looked like they took the foot off the pedal a bit after quarter time. In saying that our intensity did increase as the game wore on. we couldn't capitalise on our efforts unfortunately and they were able to maintian their lead. In the last 10 min they got serious again and took it away..

Traditionally tiges struggle without vlastuin

Bet you were sh--ing your pants with ten to play?? :poo:
Be honest;)
That would show class, we were coming like a train but you were just a bit too good in the end.

I didn't watch it mate :(

Cuningham did kick a couple of goals with his limited possesions so that will likely save him.

We desperately need to get Cuningham and Silvagni involved more, both do good things, but both don't get enough of the ball, Jack could of had another goal and he put himself in good spots, but to take his game to another level, i think he needs to find the ball more.

I agree with you

Just think Teague will back the players for one more week. So if he does, he is the one that needs to tinker with player starting positions and what scope they have to drift closer to the action.

Personally I would make at least 3 changes as I listed earlier

Willo for Setters, which improves our speed and hardness

LOB for Dow, which improves our run and footskills

TDK for Krooz, stick Levi in the ruck and we have a better option forward and in the ruck

I would even be open to bringing in Philp, but for who? Gibbons has some runs on the board from 2nd half of last year, was strangely played forward rather than being allowed to work up the ground. Cuners while being quiet, was fortunate to be in the right spot, but does have xfactor. Jack did some good things, but was also quiet

Assuming we play the full season, it will be very interesting how we rotate players through the side, i like your changes, on the flip side, why recruit Pit, if not for this scenario?

The players who come in, are in a way not relevant to me, i more so want to see a standard set.

It is a bit concerning...doesn't look to have improved much physically since he was drafted.
Doesn't seem any stronger or faster. Not sure about endurance but no obvious improvement.

He actually stood out last night as looking like the weakest player on the field physically.

When Dow is chasing defensively he never seems to gain any ground on his opponent...they just power away from him.

He looks skinnier than when we drafted him..... ive got massive concerns tbh.... got a feeling philp or even honey may overtake him

The cheating scum part was in regards to dimma saying he was trying be diplomatic about the maggots but couldn't find the words.

Ive moved on from Elliot , now keep most my cheating comments for thw druggies

I knew it was a long shot asking here but if anything could point me towards the replay that's be lovely. Cheers
Kayo.
Now * off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back