Preview Round 11- Changes vs the now defeated Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

And rightly so. Dale was looking strongly like delist material. Credit to him and Bev for turning it around.

If you're going to have a go at MD for not rating a player Dale isn't the one I'd be choosing. It'd be Williams.

But honestly we all get them wrong. I thought Nathan Hrovat was going to be the second coming of Mitchell and didn't rate Macrae in his draft class.

Williams was slightly different. I didn’t not rate him just didn’t think he would be able to get chances to play many games before JJ , Croz, Duryea and co. I thought he was perfect trade bait to get something in return so he had some value imo.

Admittedly I didn’t see the quality in him he is now but I didn’t not rate him at all.

I just don’t have the energy to remember what nobodies on a forum said about certain players 5 years ago but more power to those that do I guess :)

I expect us to blow them out or lose a close one.

The Demons don’t really excite me for some reason.

A win tonight is absolutely massive. Basically two games on top of the ladder with a hub a chance for a few weeks.

Whatever you think about Lipinski and him being sub/dropped a lot may be right but it’s quite clear he’s the 22nd -24th picked on the list, so therefor makes sense he’s in and out a lot and in tonight when we’re a bit weaker. He may have his flaws but look at the difference in quality between the games of Lip and Wallis at VFL level and that should give you your answer as to why he’s picked over Wally. He dominates at that level, Wallys barely breaking even unfortunately

Playing well in the VFL is no indication you will play well at enjoy level. Some blokes are built for VFL ans I’m starting to think Lipinksi is that level. Wallis has proven he can play at AFL level and those completely writing him off I believe are being unfair to him. I know Who I would want playing for us in a final against a team that goes at us regardless how Wally has been plying in VFL.

This list of players proves that Vfl Quality is not AFL quality

2019 Tom Gribble
2018 Anthony Miles, Michael Gibbons
2017 Jacob Townsend
2016 Michael Gibbons
2015 Nick Rippon
2014 Alex Woodward
2013 Mitch Hallahan, Steve Clifton
2012 Ben Ross
2011 Shane Valenti
2010 Steve Clifton, Shane Valenti
2009 Myles Sewell
2008 James Podsiadly
2007 James Byrne
2006 Aaron Edwards
2005 Ian Callinan, Paul Johnson
2004 Julian Field
2003 David Robbins
2002 Sam Mitchell
2001 Brett Backwell, Ezra Poyas
2000 David Robbins

You would think players hat have consistent good years in the VFL would get drafted and get chances at AFL level at some stage but they don’t. It’s their level. Some make it but the vast majority don’t

Last edited:
Anyone know which Demon player has been rubbed out for tonight and has to self isolate for a fortnight?
I know it won’t happen, but wouldn’t it be great if it was a gun that they named in the line up to try and put us off the scent and then pull them an hour out. Won’t be any media at the game to sniff around. Ultimate conspiracy

And rightly so. Dale was looking strongly like delist material. Credit to him and Bev for turning it around.

If you're going to have a go at MD for not rating a player Dale isn't the one I'd be choosing. It'd be Williams.

But honestly we all get them wrong. I thought Nathan Hrovat was going to be the second coming of Mitchell and didn't rate Macrae in his draft class.

Not rating a player is not the issue though is it?

As you say, it is opinion and we all get things wrong from time to time.

The issue that I take is about being respectful in expressing your views about the players who wear our jumper.

Playing well in the VFL is no indication you will play well at enjoy level. Some blokes are built for VFL ans I’m starting to think Lipinksi is that level. Wallis has proven he can play at AFL level and those completely writing him off I believe are being unfair to him. I know Who I would want playing for us in a final against a team that goes at us regardless how Wally has been plying in VFL.

This list of players proves that Vfl Quality is not AFL quality

2019 Tom Gribble
2018 Anthony Miles, Michael Gibbons
2017 Jacob Townsend
2016 Michael Gibbons
2015 Nick Rippon
2014 Alex Woodward
2013 Mitch Hallahan, Steve Clifton
2012 Ben Ross
2011 Shane Valenti
2010 Steve Clifton, Shane Valenti
2009 Myles Sewell
2008 James Podsiadly
2007 James Byrne
2006 Aaron Edwards
2005 Ian Callinan, Paul Johnson
2004 Julian Field
2003 David Robbins
2002 Sam Mitchell
2001 Brett Backwell, Ezra Poyas
2000 David Robbins
Most players who are good at VFL level don’t play there long enough to win the BnF so not reallly relevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brucey was my thought, I imagine Naughton and English might get blanketed more by their defenders.
English might need a game or two to get back to his early season form.
He might also be called on to give Sweet a chop out.

Williams was slightly different. I didn’t not rate him just didn’t think he would be able to get chances to play many games before JJ , Croz, Duryea and co. I thought he was perfect trade bait to get something in return so he had some value imo.

Admittedly I didn’t see the quality in him he is now but I didn’t not rate him at all.

I just don’t have the energy to remember what nobodies on a forum said about certain players 5 years ago but more power to those that do I guess :)
Honestly mate it doesn't even matter. We all get it wrong. The fact that Dale keeps being brought up is a bit silly.

Honestly mate it doesn't even matter. We all get it wrong. The fact that Dale keeps being brought up is a bit silly.

Lol nah mate I’ve made some errors that’s no issue and have no issue being called on it.

Just the people bringing them up constantly are simply doing it coz I’ve pushed their buttons and they can’t get over it.

Dale is playing extremely well and we are going ok so I’m not sure what part I should be upset about? Lol

Looking forward to a good game tonight. Go dogs

and I thought Liam Picken was going to be a nothing recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back