Preview Round 15, 2017: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 2 July 2017, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schoey looked good last week, couple of massive line breaking 70m bombs to advantage really opened up the game for us. Feel like if strats is to come back in, needs to be like for nearly like and Doc comes out.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Based on who's on the extended bench its going to be Stratton for Doc. As long as Willsmore does not play, I will be ok with it.
Thought the same thing when I saw the bench. Duryea was really good against Adelaide so pretty stiff.

ROUND 15 TEAM
Hawthorn v Collingwood
MCG
Sunday 2 July, 3.20pm

B: Blake Hardwick, Kaiden Brand, Ben Stratton
HB: Ryan Burton, Grant Birchall, Luke Hodge
C: Isaac Smith, Tom Mitchell, Billy Hartung
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels
F: Tim O’Brien, Jarryd Roughead, Paul Puopolo
R: Ben McEvoy, Shaun Burgoyne, Will Langford
INT: Ricky Henderson, Taylor Duryea, James Sicily, Ryan Schoenmakers, Dallas Willsmore, Daniel Howe, Kurt Heatherley

Changes:

IN: Stratton, Willsmore, Heatherley

Really like the look of that backline.

It looks raw. Josh Thurgood raw - but it somehow brought down the Adelaide forward line.

It's been looking good at times since the Eagles game

Our forwards lost the last Collingwood games. Most of their 2nd half goals were from turnovers in our forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Poppy? Looked proppy at the end of last week's match. Caller on SEN this morning reckoned he was an out.

Might just be swap between Stratton and Pop.

No good getting games, he has been gifted buckets last year and this year. Take the game on, like Sisco did last week or get the fk outta town I reckon...
Agree with this. How many times Iv'e seen him flash forward see a roadblock and then handball it backward, drives me crazy! He needs to back himself to go through it or figure away around it with his pace. I woudn't mind if he doesn't make on occasion but have a crack.

Agree with this. How many times Iv'e seen him flash forward see a roadblock and then handball it backward, drives me crazy! He needs to back himself to go through it or figure away around it with his pace. I woudn't mind if he doesn't make on occasion but have a crack.
The way he played last week gives me the impression he has been instructed. A number of times he pulled up to look for a better option rather than just kick it forward to no one. He seemed to be thinking things through better than ever before, even if the result wasnt what we want from him. Better signs, but a long way to go.

According to the SEN golf show on Wednesday night Schoenmakers was in fine form, hitting drives 320m on
the golf simulator. Although Shoenmakers did admit his short game was a problem.

Might explain why he likes kicking 50m bombs into our forward 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back