Preview Round 15, 2019: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 30th June, 1:10PM AEST *MADDIES MATCH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 48 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armitage out, Webster in.
Marsh out, Brown in.
Newnes out, Langlands/Coffield in.

Hunter Clark needs to be given a chance to build, hard for an inexperienced player to shine when his side is dominated like that, can't really judge him off that game.

Armo just... shouldn't have been in at all, in any position, no *in idea what was going on there the last 2 weeks.

Marsh had very little impact, at least Nathan Brown provides a hardness to our defence. He had a few goals kicked on him from Ben King last week but 1 was just pure luck, why when we are devoid of experienced, backline leaders did the selectors drop Brown and then bring in Carlisle, only to play him FORWARD for a lot of the game?! So dumb, so so dumb. No Roberton, No Geary, No Brown, Carlisle his first game back and was only down back sometimes. What was the thought process? Armo would suddenly become a backline general? At AFL level? * me.

Newnes, just coasted, if he wasn't a leader and was inexperienced like some of our guys he'd have an excuse, but he doesn't. We looked very slow against Brisbane, dropping Newnes and Armo for Webster and one of Langlands/Coffield should give us a bit more pace.

I know there's a lot of s**t we don't know or have insight into at the club as fans watching but * me, anyone could have made a call on Armo's Gold Coast game last week that he is not suited to the backline and yet, they keep him in and he drops watermelons floating in at him and moved about as slow as any half back I have ever seen. Just stunned at that call.

Man, this club has set mediocrity as the benchmark for certain players and backed them in week after week, then refuses to play blokes who are doing exactly what they're meant to at VFL level for the last 2 years. Incredibly frustrating. This game is breaking point for me, if we dish up the same s**t from the usual suspects I'll be getting back in the ECO thread.

Ross vfl. Funny. Clark inside mid. Funny. Savage is a rebounding defender. And more than half here wanted Carlisle forward. If he started back people would be saying he should be forward. I gather you want hind on the hbf?

Ross is just ordinary and need to sort out his game.

I have never mentioned of Carlisle going forward.

Hind mostly played at HB and some times in midfield or forward. He played well yesterday.

Look everyone has an opinion, I have given my side of story, if you don't like it then you can put me on ignore list just like how I am going to put you on ignore list.

Richmond haven't been in great form, prior to yesterday I would've given us a chance of winning this game but it's hard to say that now after the Brisbane debacle.

There needs to be a few changes but unless the likes of Steven, Steele, Geary and Lonie are available I doubt that will make much difference, will just be a case of shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.

Ross is just ordinary and need to sort out his game.

I have never mentioned of Carlisle going forward.

Hind mostly played at HB and some times in midfield or forward. He played well yesterday.

Look everyone has an opinion, I have given my side of story, if you don't like it then you can put me on ignore list just like how I am going to put you on ignore list.
I don’t use ignore but it’s a bit soft. I was only asking questions. I think we have a lot more issues than a couple of players playing out of position. My point in mentioning hind was simple. He is out of position compared to where he played at sandy yet no one cares because he kicked 3 goals.

Im driving 750kms for this game
Doing it only to experience a maddies day match as ive kinda eco'ed again based on some of the pathetic efforts on field and the absolute ******* numptyness decisions, sometimes non decisions from the coaches box

Newnes out
Kent out
Armo out

Plugger in
Triggy in
Malaka in

Could eat dimmies and drink tinnies on the bench and perform better than some blokes pulling on jumpers atm

Jesus h christ
This is the worst ive felt as a member in regards to direction as a club

Richmond by 35
Pleased to see i have finally got a gig in the saints guernsey! Long overdue! :pointup:
If i'm playing on the same side as plugger, only one of us can play midfield at the same time
Playing both of us in there together would turn our already slow midfield into a treacle. Would be the equivalent of watching paint dry! :oops:

Which i'm sure we would both argue about throughout the game! Paints not drying fast enough....Bullsh!t the paint plan is on track with expectation!
Won't improve our results much, but we should be able to entertain some fans at least! Plus we can count on the Trigger kicking a bag up forward
Doing his best Winx impersonation! Most of which were delivered with penetrating precision by my youthful. hunky good looking self! :cool:

Whilst Plugger was laying the dodgiest shepherds of all time, yet somehow managing not to go into the umps book because
It was just easier for the ump to ignore rather than get in a dispute with the wily ol fox!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce lost it with him on at least one occasion I saw.
That probably means the Chop will move Armo to full forward while Brucey plays half back and Brown is recalled to run on the wing. Hind to be dropped and replaced by Webster in the forward pocket where he excelled as a 12 year old. Hind stuffed up by kicking at the goals instead of a teammate wide on the boundary.

Longer will be brought in as Marshall didn't beat two taĺler ruckmen and Newnes keeps his spot to mind Dusty Martin. Gresh to relieve Longer because of his superior ground play, which will completely baffle the Tigers ruck setup.

Team is instructed to give the ball to Seb at all times so he can distribute into space. Parker told to not move beyond the 50 metre arc in case a Richmond defender misses a target.

The Chop is not properly appreciated. Just wait to see how the Tiges cope with this week's masterplan. They'll have never seen anything like it!!

Ross vfl. Funny. Clark inside mid. Funny. Savage is a rebounding defender. And more than half here wanted Carlisle forward. If he started back people would be saying he should be forward. I gather you want hind on the hbf?

I actually stand by Carlisle forward. It didn’t work out Saturday but a) as soon as s**t didn’t go his way Richo changed it. B) no forward structure would have worked with the midfield getting destroyed. C) why was Brown dropped since Carlisle went forward? Dumb.

We drafted Clark to play as an inside/outside midfielder. If we never play him there why is he even on our list? I’d also say Ross arguably should play vfl. His stats look good but his disposal was either rushed or lazy and his accountability nonexistent.

No need. With Kayo and VPN you can be miserable at the same time as other Saint's fans.

What is particularly sad is that about ~8 weeks back I had scoped out how I could catch the game on an only slight delay (given how pivotal it was looking). Will be in Japan and there's an Aussie Pub in Osaka (the Coolabah if anyone is curious) that will more or less stream on request (if it doesn't clash with anything else they pre-schedule, they played St Kilda vs Bombers for me in 2016).

I had thought about rolling in there about 4pm Melbourne time and asking them to show the game without telling me the result and had structured the itinerary around it to an extent. Let's just say that it's off the table now and wifey is much happier.

This game will be better than the Brisbane game...but it won't matter much. Richo to spend the game on the pine playing candy crush (I don't even know if that's a thing anymore...but it emphasises the irrelevancy of his position) I just hope that once all possibility of finals and improvement go out the window, the selectors just play the kids until the end of the year no matter how crap they are. Philips can't be worse than Newnes, Coffield might benefit from a few games in succession. We'll never know, until we give it a go. Not much else to try anyway. Go Saints.

Bring in Coffield and see what he can do. Newnes out. Brown in for Marsh, Marsh doesn't do enough in an attacking sense to warrant selection over Brown. Pray that some others overcome injuries. Paton in for Armo.

I bet it was the same one I saw. Dave in the pocket, Bruce about ~35m away unmarked on the wing, Dave kicks it inboard about 20m where there's an even number of Saints and Lions, fumble, tackles, stoppage about 40m from our goal.

Got it in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back