Preview Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 25th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is it. Win this and the following 5 are at home with the exception of a decimated Eagles side in Perth. All winnable games and could be the start of solidifying ourselves a finals spot.

Lose...and I would say that's all she wrote. We'd be 8-6 and probably out of the 8 as Collingwood play the Giants the day after at the MCG and should win it to move themselves above us.

Disappointing that we've gotten ourselves into this position but I expect a rocket to the playing group during the week and Steele back so there should be greater effort.

Sharmy definitely needs to come back to provide a two pronged attack.
The D Train is a natural recall if ready.
I think it’s time Members moves back permanently, replace Paton.
Steele of course if ready.
Should be plenty in the mix this week for sure.

What needs to happen
In:
Steele, McKenzie, Owens, Sharman, highmore

Out:
Byrnes, wanganeen, butler, Higgins, Howard

What will happen:
In:
Steele, McKenzie

Out:
Byrnes, wanganeen
I agree, something like this is the most likely outcome, but they do need to find a way to get Sharman into the team. He kicks at least one goal per game and we know he can get multiples. [I'd drop Higgins actually, as he doesn't add any real forward pressure.]

Whatever does happen we need to get back to the basic hard football.
We tried to pull off a lot of fancy stuff last night and ended up ******* it up every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele and DMac will be back. Any other in's dependent on how they go at Sandy.

Plenty of players who could be out - Butler, Long, Higgins, NWM, Byrnes would all feels nervous this morning. Maybe Jones, Clark, Ryder, Webster or Paton if we want to make a statement.

Despite the loss, we are still a good chance to win this game.

What needs to happen
In:

Out:

What will happen:
In:
Steele, McKenzie

Out:
Byrnes, wanganeen
This 100%

For me

In Steele , Dmac, Sharman, Owens maybe Highmore

Out Byrnes, Butler Long Billings/Paton

What will happen ? Nothing we will keep rewarding mediocrity like we have for the last 10 years

Steele and DMac will be back. Any other in's dependent on how they go at Sandy.

Plenty of players who could be out - Butler, Long, Higgins, NWM, Byrnes would all feels nervous this morning. Maybe Jones, Clark, Ryder, Webster or Paton if we want to make a statement.

Despite the loss, we are still a good chance to win this game.

I thought Long and Byrnes were serviceable. Byrnes had 14 possessions off a HFF - more than Clark and had a few good passages of play where he won his own ball. To me Webster, Paton, Butler, Membrey and Ryder were all in the bottom rungs of the side.

Snags at least converted his 2 goals even though he was hardly sighted.

This 100%

For me

In Steele , Dmac, Sharman, Owens maybe Highmore

Out Byrnes, Butler Long Billings/Paton

What will happen ? Nothing we will keep rewarding mediocrity like we have for the last 10 years

Billings will keep his spot off that. He's not a player to keep other sides planning around him but if he plays like that he's a good chance to stay in the seniors.

In: Steele, DMac, Highmore
Out: Byrnes, NWM, Paton

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Sinclair, Battle, Highmore
C: Hill, Ross, McKenzie
HF: Billings, Membrey, Gresham
F: Higgins, King, Marshall
R: Ryder, Steele, Crouch
Int: Jones, Long, Clark, Butler

NWM goes back to VFL, lifted in the third but some of his efforts defensively in the first half were shocking. DMac returns but I’d also love to see Hill given another chance on the wing with him, looked dangerous forward of centre earlier this year.

Ronnie was a complete passenger last night unfortunately, Steele back in. Have Paton out for Highmore, makes our defence pretty tall however with Jimmy/Sincs/Long we should have enough balance to cover their smalls. Highmore and Battle should give us some real intercept ability, would be a treat to see Ratts give them the chance in the same back 6.

Hoping Sharman returns after another strong VFL showing later today however structure wise another tall forward could be a risk vs Sydney, some interesting selection calls coming up.

Billings will keep his spot off that. He's not a player to keep other sides planning around him but if he plays like that he's a good chance to stay in the seniors.
yep and players like him will take us nowhere

I think Owens has to come in, he was looking great before the concussion.
I think the ins should be Steele, DMac, Owens, Highmore.

Outs I'm not sure you could arguably drop most of the side after last night but I think Paton needs a rest.

If Marshall is fit then you'd be tempted to give Paddy a rest and have him go one out, but he looks cooked at the moment.

Zak Jones needs to lift, been very average since returning to the side.

One of Butler or Higgins probably gets dropped.

I thought Long and Byrnes were serviceable. Byrnes had 14 possessions off a HFF - more than Clark and had a few good passages of play where he won his own ball. To me Webster, Paton, Butler, Membrey and Ryder were all in the bottom rungs of the side.

Snags at least converted his 2 goals even though he was hardly sighted.
Fair. I put Byrnes in that group because depending on how hard the cuts get, he doesn't have a clear role or the same upside attached to him the way a Clark does. Long was good - probably the best of the 3 smalls - and shouldn't have been listed.

While Membrey wasnt good up forward, he did save us 3-4 times in that 2nd quarter and will be important to any improved forward set up we try. I cant see him being in danger the same way a Butler or Paton would be.

I think Owens has to come in, he was looking great before the concussion.
I think the ins should be Steele, DMac, Owens, Highmore.

Outs I'm not sure you could arguably drop most of the side after last night but I think Paton needs a rest.

If Marshall is fit then you'd be tempted to give Paddy a rest and have him go one out, but he looks cooked at the moment.

Zak Jones needs to lift, been very average since returning to the side.
I'm guessing Webster takes Papley after his job on Cameron. Do Sydney have another permeant small forward type? If they do, that might save Paton next week.

What needs to happen
In:

Out:

What will happen:
In:
Steele, McKenzie

Out:
Byrnes, wanganeen

I mostly agree but wouldn't be dropping Wanganeen-Milera. Messed up some kicks sure but was one of the few that got near it in the first half. Out with Paton instead we don't need both him and Webster in the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back