Autopsy Round 16, 2021: Hawks fall over against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Silk

Bramble and Duke have looked a lot better in the centre, looks like they're caught up to the speed of the game and are contributing well.

I've said it before but it's shocking how important Day is to the structure of this team, just straightens the whole team up.

Oh and flying the flag is great and all, but we've given away way too many goals over the last few years for no real reward.

Fell asleep for a good 40 minute period and that was all she wrote.
Good in patches, but absolutely smashed by the more experienced midfield team.
Big take away from this from a non-sentimental point of view is that I'm very glad we've got Hardwick to fly the flag for us.

From a sentimental point of view * it was good to see Burgers doing some great things, even if the end results weren't their usual silky smoothness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked a good game to bring out that pre bye form.

Disappointed not that we lost, but just that we played a first half that was so abysmal for the occasion.

Congrats to Silk, would have been nice for him to get a goal at the end.

I think most of us accepted that it would've been a fairy tale to win, especially when we consider the outs we had.

The first half was a difficult watch, but credit to the boys for coming out with more fire in the second. I think that's all we were realistically hoping for.

My biggest concern at half time was the potential for those on the edge of the 22 to lose confidence. The senior players generally bounce back but if you're in the team and playing for your career, when the team around you is fumbling and struggling, it's easy to drop your head or to try so hard that the pressure overwhelms you. Hopefully the team's resurgence in the second goes some way to mitigate that.

Was great to see Shaun's silky effort in the final minutes in the forward line.

Anhihilated in the first half...completely rattled.

Better in the second half.

Philosophical approach. Want the win during the game. Think of the draft pick after it.

Port took their foot off the pedal second half. 2nd last is where we belong on tonight’s performance.
There's alway's one who just has to be miserable.

We lifted. End of story.

Congrats Shaun, I'll always love you and the stranger I hugged when you kicked THAT goal in the '13.

As for the tonight, decent 2nd half rally. Disappointing not to fire a shot when the game was there to be one in the first half.

Bramble goes alright. I'd play Nash the rest of the year to finally see if he can make it. Nothing to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back