Preview Round 16-Geelong Cats vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday July 18 1.45pm Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have 1 ticket to the game against the Bulldogs. It's a FREE ticket, (value $139) it's to the Peroni Lounge in the Hickey Stand (1 free drink on entry and nibbles, the rest you pay for), the person I was going to take can't make it. Would rather someone enjoy the game than waste a ticket. So I'd like to see it go to someone that wants to go to the game. Not to someone to resell! Idealy for someone to get from me on gameday. MUST BE OVER 18 dress smart casual.
Any interest let me know.
Ticket taken...no longer available.
Cheers and GO CATS!

Last edited:

Simpson stays.

Our structure going forward is relied on Blicavs being a midfielder, and No. 2 ruckman. We should continue that.

Otherwise, we clearly need to move towards 2016. Stokes and Kelly go out, Cockatoo and Horlin-Smith come in.
Just don't play Blease or Smedts and we'll be looking good.

Our midfield gets routinely smashed at stoppages and thus chases tail from there on.no point keeping a bloke who can't spread at more than 5kph unless his ruck work is that good that it gives us a clear advantage,which it doesn't.

The Simpson situation is no-win.

- Likely gone at year's end, but the only way to change that is to play him and to have him prove otherwise
- Useless around the ground but our only option to ensure we don't get destroyed in hitouts
- No other options and not playing him ensures we get destroyed at hitouts by playing Walker as #1 ruck
- Blicavs has to spend more time in the ruck meaning we lose the benefit of him as a midfielder

I see playing Simpson not as something that is likely to help us win games but may help us prevent losing some. On that basis I'd keep him.

- Likely gone at year's end, but the only way to change that is to play him and to have him prove otherwise
- Useless around the ground but our only option to ensure we don't get destroyed in hitouts
- No other options and not playing him ensures we get destroyed at hitouts by playing Walker as #1 ruck
- Blicavs has to spend more time in the ruck meaning we lose the benefit of him as a midfielder

I see playing Simpson not as something that is likely to help us win games but may help us prevent losing some. On that basis I'd keep him.

Spot on summary of the Simpson Question, ce.

I get all of this (don't agree with all of it but some I do) but apart from the fact that simpson's performance I don't think helps us a lot,I don't see the point of playing him instead of kersten/walker and one of them requesting a trade.

If he is gone next year which clearly looks like it,the games he gets are wasted games,those games should be put into players who may have a future here,we may unearth good players that way.the only way I would disagree and look just now is if we could possibly win the flag this year,which I clearly don't.

I would keep Simpson in, he needs a run of games to decide if we keep him hard to make any impact on a game here and their, did well at contests in the ruck just his around the ground movement needs to improve out of sight
He's taken 2 marks in 4 games this year standing at 206cm. I've seen enough.

I get all of this (don't agree with all of it but some I do) but apart from the fact that simpson's performance I don't think helps us a lot,I don't see the point of playing him instead of kersten/walker and one of them requesting a trade.

If he is gone next year which clearly looks like it,the games he gets are wasted games,those games should be put into players who may have a future here,we may unearth good players that way.the only way I would disagree and look just now is if we could possibly win the flag this year,which I clearly don't.
One option is to cut our losses right now, say that he's gone at the end of the year and therefore send him to the VFL as of this week. I agree that's an option.

But I do see the other side of it. I don't think it's as clear cut as you make out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, I have 1 ticket to the game against the Bulldogs. It's a FREE ticket, (value $139) it's to the Peroni Lounge in the Hickey Stand (1 free drink on entry and nibbles, the rest you pay for), the person I was going to take can't make it. Would rather someone enjoy the game than waste a ticket. So I'd like to see it go to someone that wants to go to the game. Not to someone to resell! Idealy for someone to get from me on gameday. MUST BE OVER 18 dress smart casual.
Any interest let me know.

Cheers and GO CATS!
Oh man I gave my seat to my boss for this game... as I'm going to be extremely hung over... but man I'm tempted :D

Assist them in doing what though? Keeping all the veterans in is reasonable if the team is winning and still in contention (like 2013). Not it is when we're getting thrashed anyway.
Ok. You make the statement back it up. What vets go out and who comes in and please try and pick players who deserve to come in.

But we simply don't have anyone else... can't throw Read/Lucey in.. and there is no one else so he has to play.

IMO we need to give up the 3rd man up around the ground when he is there, we can't afford Blitz doing it as other teams are aware of it and we are basically losing him from the contest and playing a man down at the stoppages

Simpson gets 10 games to try and earn himself a spot on an AFL list next year, we aren't making finals and he isn't taking anyone elses spot that could be tested there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back