Game Day Round 16, GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Sat 9th July, 1.40pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
The bye probably came at a good time for us, having endured a really tough past couple of months. And despite what some people think, the run home isn't exactly a stroll in the park.

We kick off with a couple of winnable games, first against Collingwood at home, then Brisbane away.

Collingwood were largely expected to move up the ladder this year. They secured Treloar for their midfield, and he's been very good for them. They ground out a win last night against Carlton, but otherwise, they've been inconsistent for some reason.

Given the injuries to our back line, their tall forwards might pose a challenge this week. But that shouldn't be a problem if we're getting the ball into our own forward line.

This is a strange year when it comes to injuries. We keep getting struck down in the back line. Marchbank, Mohr, Davis, Buntine, Corr are currently out. They get injured, come back, get injured again, come back. It's bizarre.

On the bright side, Devon Smith has made a much quicker-than-expected recovery from knee surgery. He might return this week.

All up, this Saturday should see our maiden victory against Collingwood. And there won't be any excuses if we don't.

We should also get another decent crowd.

Giants by at least 30 points.

Is Adam Kennedy a chance? I would think he at least provide one dyed in the wool hard nut defender in Bunts absence. Talls another problem I know. I'm not sure but maybe Tomlinson as a KPD? Problem I have with Patton down back is it leaves a short on tall forwards. Frankly I dont rate Stewart or Tomlinson in that role, but I'm gunna turn up and support whoever the clubs puts on tbe field.

The bye probably came at a good time for us, having endured a really tough past couple of months. And despite what some people think, the run home isn't exactly a stroll in the park.

We kick off with a couple of winnable games, first against Collingwood at home, then Brisbane away.

Collingwood were largely expected to move up the ladder this year. They secured Treloar for their midfield, and he's been very good for them. They ground out a win last night against Carlton, but otherwise, they've been inconsistent for some reason.

Given the injuries to our back line, their tall forwards might pose a challenge this week. But that shouldn't be a problem if we're getting the ball into our own forward line.

This is a strange year when it comes to injuries. We keep getting struck down in the back line. Marchbank, Mohr, Davis, Buntine, Corr are currently out. They get injured, come back, get injured again, come back. It's bizarre.

On the bright side, Devon Smith has made a much quicker-than-expected recovery from knee surgery. He might return this week.

All up, this Saturday should see our maiden victory against Collingwood. And there won't be any excuses if we don't.

We should also get another decent crowd.

Giants by at least 30 points.
Just one thing I think it's round 16. I get it's Sunday morning and if you're like me your brain is resting for the week ahead.

I'd only make two injury forced changes to the side. Kennedy for Buntine is a no brainer and I think it will probably be Tomlinson for Davis although I'm hoping Mohr is fit and comes straight back in or Finlayson/Himmelberg get a debut. The more I see Tomlinson play the more I think that he either makes it as a mid or not at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGuire has staked the Pies Presidency on undermining our Giants team and values - with cowardly attacks on our President Tony Shepherd, women and Aboriginal AFL stars.

Bucks has stolen Treloar, and he and McGuire are 100% committed to gutting both our recruitment zone and list.

So Saturday is a line-in-the-sand game for McGuire and Bucks, having staked their leadership on rolling us.

Let the Spotless scoreboard on Saturday be the final word on the McGuire/Bucks era...

McGuire has staked the Pies Presidency on undermining our Giants team and values - with cowardly attacks on our President Tony Shepherd, women and Aboriginal AFL stars.

Bucks has stolen Treloar, and he and McGuire are 100% committed to gutting both our recruitment zone and list.

So Saturday is a line-in-the-sand game for McGuire and Bucks, having staked their leadership on rolling us.

Let the Spotless scoreboard on Saturday be the final word on the McGuire/Bucks era...
If it was Mortal Kombat a surreal voice would say "Finish Them!"

All seriousness we are due a coach killer.
Id be happy to upgrade that to a coach and ceo killer

Great job talking up the game. Not sure Either have actually staked their career on it, but what the hell lets blindside em and do what damage we can.
ps. Think our marketing department could use you

If it was Mortal Kombat a surreal voice would say "Finish Them!"

All seriousness we are due a coach killer.
Id be happy to upgrade that to a coach and ceo killer

The Treloar deal was a Judd deal, except for a player who was not as good.

Collingwood are facing a rebuild, with no first round pick next year and an acute lack of talent across the field.

Add to that the fact that Buckley can't coach, and you're looking at Collingwood as the new Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those without twitter or cant see it.

bcf42fffd5ff448a5d78e3f4262b96fd.jpg

To be honest am a bit over a shirt for every occassion.

Might just be im annoyed we havent had the Team GWS shirt as our heritage shirt yet.

Good day GWS stalwarts.

I am in Sydney on Saturday and keen to get out to Spotless to watch the mighty Giants flog the Filth, and was wondering if you could tell me my best way to get there by water, and, given GA is sold out, to get hold of a ticket?

In return for your help I promise not to poach any of your stars, but cant guarantee I wont go hom with a couple of your better NEAFL players stashed in my carry on.

PS Is that the international emblem for "circle jerk" on your multicultural round jumper?

Good day GWS stalwarts.

I am in Sydney on Saturday and keen to get out to Spotless to watch the mighty Giants flog the Filth, and was wondering if you could tell me my best way to get there by water, and, given GA is sold out, to get hold of a ticket?

In return for your help I promise not to poach any of your stars, but cant guarantee I wont go hom with a couple of your better NEAFL players stashed in my carry on.

PS Is that the international emblem for "circle jerk" on your multicultural round jumper?

By water ? http://www.transportnsw.info/resources/documents/timetables/F3-parramatta-river.pdf

The ticket should just be a matter of paying the ncie people more money. It really shouldnt be a total sellout.

The multicultural round jumper should be buried at a crossroads near a cematary.

For those without twitter or cant see it.

bcf42fffd5ff448a5d78e3f4262b96fd.jpg

To be honest am a bit over a shirt for every occassion.

Might just be im annoyed we havent had the Team GWS shirt as our heritage shirt yet.

Why is there a hand coming out from the players shorts?

Dodgy

Please, Cogs. You're a multicultural ambassador.

You're our only hope.

Just run out in one of the normal Giants jumpers.

All these variant guernseys are taking up a lot of space in my wardrobe. That being said when will we have a heritage Guernsey? The blue team GWS jumper or the sky blue variant I saw in a commercial. Maybe the silver Tri panel?

Good day GWS stalwarts.

If you don't want to go by water, the train to Lidcombe and change to the sprint platform for another to Olympic Park (every 10 minutes or so). Out of the station, turn right and follow the crowd the 3 or 4 hundred metres or so down to spotless.

It's a pretty easy venue to get to.

Train travel is free with a game day ticket (not sure about the ferry)

Good day GWS stalwarts.

I assume your only after the little ones then? Cant see Finalyson, Himmelbèrg, Flynn et al fitting into a backpack. Barret moght be a good option but he's a tough little bastard, you might want to ask him nicely first!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back