Autopsy Round 16: It’s like kissing your sister

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not too angry about Heeney. Had 5 scoring shots and did a lot of good. His goal kicking is woeful, but I think it's eaiser to fix goal kicking than contested marking, contested ball, fitness, skills, etc.

Yes it was disappointing, but if the team can get some confidence back over the end of this season and the beginning of next Heeney will be a crucial part.

The way I described to a friend who didn't watch was like the F50 was kryptonite. Did well up until reaching it, then it was comically horrific once we crossed the arc.
Haha yeah.
Reminds me of our usual pattern of nailing the first 3 quarters and then letting the opposition catch up in the fourth.

We need to re-frame the club‘s values around success, rather than just competing.

Sorry mate, sick of the pile on. One of the only 2 players to stand up in the grand final and far from the worst in the forward line last night.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Fox missed the late one and the time hurt

the 45ish on the run he poked

the other he tried to soccer out of nothing

hardly criminal really compared the others

Sorry mate, sick of the pile on. One of the only 2 players to stand up in the grand final and far from the worst in the forward line last night.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I like Fox, but he really should have nailed that one. I'm not absolving the others of responsibility, but his was the most frustrating due to the time. Imagine the mood if he kicked it. We'd be a contender again.

Last edited:
I think some of these guys like heeney and papley are coming to the realisation that buddy has protected them for their whole careers, the scrutiny has been off, the defence has played to buddy. Now buddy is virtually gone, their on their own and it's their time to stand up and they are failing miserably
Heeney proved last night he's a downhill skier.

Last edited:
He was kinda useless last night. Dropped mark after mark after mark and kicked 0 goals. And it wasn't a major surprise. He only really does well against bad defences. But yes, "useless" is an overstatement in general. He's certainly not the worst player I've seen and has his moments, but doesn't seem to have a very high ceiling and isn't someone I can see contributing heavily to an eventual premiership run.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we have major issues up forward post-Buddy. Buller is unlikely to be the answer. I really hope we bring someone in.
That’s him against good opponents

I think he is very average

Not sure he has a footy brain and just an athlete

Fresh legs worth a try and if he won't add much he is a bad choice as sub
Maybe, but I struggle to see who he would replace. Amartey I guess? IDK...
I think he was a good sub if we'd had an injury in the first half of the game, but the last quarter we needed an impact sub, not a guy whose specialty is running up and back the whole game.
Interesting call, it did look good, and he isn't as consistent both ways this year. But think I would rather have him in all the same , still can offer that x factor, burst of speed
I think we had that in spades from Gulden, Florent and Campbell the whole game.
Put lazy Chad in the twos and make him earn a spot back with what got him there in the first place IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was a good sub if we'd had an injury in the first half of the game, but the last quarter we needed an impact sub, not a guy whose specialty is running up and back the whole game.

Put lazy Chad in the twos and make him earn a spot back with what got him there in the first place IMO.

yeah, i thought florent was really good ... but he doesn't seem to have earned much praise
in the points, i gave melican one only barely ahead of florent
florent is having a good season, getting better

I get where you are with the Chad call.

However why do Heeney, Hayward and even Papley not go down to the twos in that case ? Warners defensive work has been poor I agree but those three have all been patchy too

Clarke should never be sub. What's he there for? In case horse needs an emergancy tag in the last 12 mins of game time ?

who then?

Stephens ?

if he was going to play Fox forward i would have preferred he was sub or even hayward

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we could do worse than making the lizard sole captain. Puts his body on the line every chance he gets, plays with 110% effort every game.
I'd have Liz and Mills. Leave it up to them.

Sheldrick is staying in the midfield we're a better team when he plays there.
Campbell has to be high up in our B&F, the kid has finally found his feet and is shining.

Our forwards....need work because we're not making finals with this lot. Too many missed opportunities when the pressure is on. Does my head in.
I was thinking the same thing actually

Not sure why people seem to be jumping up and down about mills' form. He just got back from injury. It'll take time to find his fitness again, give him a chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back