Autopsy Round 16: It’s like kissing your sister

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke should never be sub. What's he there for? In case horse needs an emergancy tag in the last 12 mins of game time ?
Co.warner should be our sub every second week.

Wow what a comedy show I knew the misses were coming from the benefit of watching the replay but still that was bloody awful football.

Melican has solved quite a few issues has to finish off the season strongly.

Heeney back to unable to kick 30 meters people mock McKay Heeney is worse.

Neither side could kick so I think a draw was a fitting result.

Technically still haven't beaten a side above us and it's round 17 kinda ridiculous to think of.

I get where you are with the Chad call.

However why do Heeney, Hayward and even Papley not go down to the twos in that case ? Warners defensive work has been poor I agree but those three have all been patchy too
Lack of alternatives? Lack of imagination from Horse in just swapping Parker and Heeney?
Hayward works his butt off even if the end product isn't there atm. I think that keeps him in the team.

For me Warner's attack on the ball is severely lacking compared to last year. If it is a call of the coaches that he hang off and wait for an outlet, then his lack of movement around the fringe is shocking - and the difference to how much better we went on the weekend was stark.

Our midfield pretty much dominated the Premiers for 3 quarters. I wouldn't be in a hurry to change that set-up. Only in the case of injury, or if the young Sheldrick needs a complete rest. And in that case I'd only have Chad back in the team as a 'see ball, get the friggen ball' type. Leave the fringe dwelling to those that do it better like the ones named above IMO.

I didn't think it was a crappy game, I thought it was pretty entertaining bar the finishing off.
Frustrating yes, crappy no.

Just saying the neutrals weren't talking us up by any stretch (i'm with you though)

Which is weird, because if you ignore the results of the scoring shots, we played really well

there was some odd skill errors the longer it went , but all things considered effort was great. Wasn't high skills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are what we are this year, including not playing with much confidence. So every game (except the training drills like last week) is going to be tough to win.

That's what's infuriating. It all comes down to confidence. And the yips seem to be a real thing with us. I swear we need to hire a club psychologist.

Blakey oozes confidence at least.

That's what's infuriating. It all comes down to confidence. And the yips seem to be a real thing with us. I swear we need to hire a club psychologist.

Blakey oozes confidence at least.

Seen those sorts of Yips in many teams. Though we do have a goal kicking issue in general.

Is it too soon to suggest a rousing chorus of The Yips Are Getting Bigger?

Ta . That gave me a big laugh. Much needed. Tho I did get a giggle last night from Broad getting sconed.

who then?

Stephens ?

if he was going to play Fox forward i would have preferred he was sub or even hayward
If you saw Stephens disposal in the VFL you wouldn’t be considering him….I’m not sure who would have been preferable…didn’t matter as I don’t think it was a factor

And thousands in the crowd yelling stuff and thousands on their mobile phones checking social media.

But seriously, training at night under those conditions is a must couldn't agree more. Leadership group need to demand it and find some advantage.

If they need me to yell then I'll happily come down ha

What is it wi
I like Fox, but he really should have nailed that one. I'm not absolving the others of responsibility, but his was the most frustrating due to the time. Imagine the mood if he kicked it. We'd be a contender again.

honestly saying anything about fox given the 15 behinds and two point posts beforehsnd is just bizarre.

Im Just staggered that time after time when our midfield does well we don’t make enough of the opportunities. 24 hours later still frustrated

I am only up to page 10 but I think it is safe to say that this thread is bonkers. People are attacking our defenders, people are questioning if we have the right forward line,
but it is really really simple. We didn’t kick straight. If we kicked as accurately as last week, we win by a few goals and we would all be celebrating.

I think it is fair to question whether the team has the mental hardness it needs, but besides that we played really well against the premiers, who have beaten us by about 100 points the last two times we played them.

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back