Preview Round 17, 2023 : Giants v Hawks, 4.35pm July 8th, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting listen to Sam on SEN just now.
Good to hear that Frosty is in the gun and needs to stop his offensive clangers or he will lose his spot. Please just handball to a player next to you Frosty ala Andrew Dunkley, Barry Round etc.
Was hoping last week that Weddle could hold Curnow - seriously? I don't get the point of that when Frost is in the team. Weddle is the player you want to free up, not Frost.
Finally worked out that one of the real issues with our forward line is having a statue not doing anything aka resting ruckman. Will be great to have an extra player in the forward line this week. Who will give Reeves a chop out?
Can't wait to see how DGB goes as a forward. Will be tough but looking forward to seeing his competitiveness live.

Morrison played well least week and was one of our better players across the 4 quarters. He's stiff to be left out.
He came in for impey and just coming straight out when Impey returns. Morrison just doesn’t have the speed we want in the back half.

Appears we have a role in mind for finn . Either a lockdown defensive role in defence (as his been playing at BH) or a midfield tag. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a role down back to free up weddle.

Good to hear that Frosty is in the gun and needs to stop his offensive clangers or he will lose his spot. Please just handball to a player next to you Frosty ala Andrew Dunkley, Barry Round etc.
Was hoping last week that Weddle could hold Curnow - seriously? I don't get the point of that when Frost is in the team. Weddle is the player you want to free up, not Frost.
Finally worked out that one of the real issues with our forward line is having a statue not doing anything aka resting ruckman. Will be great to have an extra player in the forward line this week. Who will give Reeves a chop out?
Can't wait to see how DGB goes as a forward. Will be tough but looking forward to seeing his competitiveness live.
Sicily in next week should spell the end for Frost.

I can find some logic in giving Finn a run of games as a last chance salloon.
Father sons are always a little harder to say good bye to.
The rest of the games this year are essentially pointless other than development of youngsters and list sifting.
Harry played well last week but Mitchell may see him as a handy back up type. Which I think is probably correct in theory. We need to find better players if we are to contend but he is normally very solid and a good squad member to have.

Just had a listen. He basically said that Frost went to Curnow after Weddle was getting destroyed, and kept him quiet.
He's frustrated by the turnovers, but we don't have anyone else to hold down the big fwds.
Said Weddle was totally overawed.

Just had a listen. He basically said that Frost went to Curnow after Weddle was getting destroyed, and kept him quiet.
He's frustrated by the turnovers, but we don't have anyone else to hold down the big fwds.
He also said he understands if his turnovers continue, his place in the team will be under threat

Code for "he's been told to sort his s**t out"

Weddle should be the perfect match for players like Curnow, just not yet. The guy is arguably the best forward in the game at the moment so while a good experience for Weddle it's unsurprising that he was overawed.

He struggles to even hit those handball targets

Weddle should be the perfect match for players like Curnow, just not yet. The guy is arguably the best forward in the game at the moment so while a good experience for Weddle it's unsurprising that he was overawed.
Thought weddle actually played OK on curnow.

The ball was coming in a lot and he held his own, even the best defenders would struggle given they were all kicks to leads, add ina couple of dodgy frees. Frost moved when the blues took the foot off so who knows what would've happened if weddle stayed on him. It was far from a Dawson v Rocco situation

Thought weddle actually played OK on curnow.

The ball was coming in a lot and he held his own, even the best defenders would struggle given they were all kicks to leads, add ina couple of dodgy frees. Frost moved when the blues took the foot off so who knows what would've happened if weddle stayed on him. It was far from a Dawson v Rocco situation
But why would you play Weddle on Curnow when you have Frost available in the first place!

"Hey Josh can you lock down Curnow so we can free up Frosty as he is amazing by foot......" 🤦‍♂️

Fair enough. When I was 19 I would s**t myself playing against a slightly bigger 21-year-old, let alone a powerful, athletic Coleman medallist in his prime.

But why would you play Weddle on Curnow when you have Frost available in the first place!

"Hey Josh can you lock down Curnow so we can free up Frosty as he is amazing by foot......" 🤦‍♂️
Because we're in a development year, which means trying things out and challenging kids in spite of what's at stake.

If we were higher up the ladder, I don't think Weddle goes near Curnow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we're in a development year, which means trying things out and challenging kids in spite of what's at stake.

If we were higher up the ladder, I don't think Weddle goes near Curnow.
Maybe try that later in the game rather than at the start and letting them kick 55 to 5 up till half time.

So who will play 2nd ruck when Reeves needs a rest?

Will DGB play forward or back? Sam’s comments suggest forward but named at CHB.

Sam has backed our mids in after two poor showings.

Interested to see where Finn plays.
At training yesterday, they had umpires there who officiated the match simulation. In the forward line DGB took ruck contests. When Noodle was off the ground, Frosty took the ruck contests.

Been super busy since the teams dropped. After looking through this week's side I'm really left scratching my head.

Finn over Morrison, who was one of our best last week?
Going in against the most in form ruck in the comp with only 1 ruckman and no back.
Butler needs games more than Wingard does.
Frost survives again despite Denver's inclusion. If we want to retain leadership and maturity, keen Harry on the wing.

It's o take a look to see how he goes. He didn't leave him there once he showed he wasn't ready for it.

This is a year of experimenting.

Been super busy since the teams dropped. After looking through this week's side I'm really left scratching my head.

Finn over Morrison, who was one of our best last week?
Going in against the most in form ruck in the comp with only 1 ruckman and no back.
Butler needs games more than Wingard does.
Frost survives again despite Denver's inclusion. If we want to retain leadership and maturity, keen Harry on the wing.
I sort off got the thought that this was a

Lets have one last look at some of these guys before we draw a line through their names.

Imagine if DGB moves forward with the same success we had moving Sicily back..

jizz in my pants GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back