Review Round 18 vs Western Bulldogs @ Metricon Stadium (17.07.2021 @ 4:35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone shed some light for me. Graham omitted for Richmond game, played against box hill, but can’t find him playing last week (and wasn’t sub). Straight in?? Three from three didn’t play reserves last week straight in. Dew does not give a brass rassoo as to who plays there let alone well.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Doesn’t appear on the stats sheet but pretty sure I do remember him playing against gws.

Graham was at Ballarat to watch the seniors on Sunday. Maybe as an Emergency, in case a tall tripped over in the warm-up. He & Corbett came down to thank fans behind the goals at halftime. Much appreciated. I don’t think the negative comments about him are warranted. He’s done some good things & some dumb things, but generally he’s going ok for a young player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll stop begging for Will Brodie now. He is doneski

Yep. If he doesn’t get a game on the back of 38 possessions and with Greenwood out, he never will. I wonder why Dew hates him so much.

Greenwood and Brodie:
- both slow
- both average kicks
- both great clearance players
- both tough inside the contest
- one is adored by Dew. The other is hated.

Bizarre.

Yep. If he doesn’t get a game on the back of 38 possessions and with Greenwood out, he never will. I wonder why Dew hates him so much.

Greenwood and Brodie:
- both slow
- both average kicks
- both great clearance players
- both tough inside the contest
- one is adored by Dew. The other is hated.

Bizarre.

I'm going to be pissed watching him do well for another side.

I honestly don't see it. No one wanted him last season, what has changed?
He’s a lot fitter for starters.
He’s solely an inside mid who is an average kick but wins the ball in close. That would be in demand now that he’s a lot fitter.
No one was fighting for Lyons, Scrimshw, McKenzie, Hall, Wright either. They’ve all moved on and being played to suit their strengths.

and a pick 9 in the draft.

Lets have a look who went after.

Tim English - pick 19. Wouldn't he be handy right about now.
Sam Powell Pepper - pick 18. Has played 86 games for Port (Brodie has played 23)
I've heard Esava's name thrown around here lately. Pick 43.
Shai Bolton - Pick 29.

* me

He’s solely an inside mid who is an average kick but wins the ball in close. That would be in demand now that he’s a lot fitter.
No one was fighting for Lyons, Scrimshw, McKenzie, Hall, Wright either. They’ve all moved on and being played to suit their strengths.

Had his best preseason ever, busted his arse and gets nothing in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is a super clearance player, no doubt about it. Has his fitness improved to the level of an AFL midfielder? He was coming from a very low base previously, it has improved but is it to the level it needs to be? I remember that Adelaide game earlier in the year where he looked very gassed.

Those players you listed had at least 1 suitor, one more than Brodie who the club was very eager to move on at years end, and yet no one approached him. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can get his career off the ground, but the fears he is 'another Lyons' IMO are pretty unfounded.

Same its ridiculous he has never been given a run at it to get a bit of consistency in the seniors. Will be a Jarrad Lyons scenario all over again except well send him off for 3rd rounder and a packet of chips

You think we're getting a packet of chips thrown in?

I'm guessing they would be Aldi brand chips that expired 3 weeks ago.

Had his best preseason ever, busted his arse and gets nothing in return.
His last full game as an inside mid was round 18 2019. Went head to head with Cripps at his best & had 26 disp, 10 tackles and 110 ranking points. Journos were gushing about his game in the presser. Did his hammy and never played that role again. Bizarre

Attn: Anyone going to the game tomorrow

I won't be there, but a club email tells me there's lasertag advertised as an activity - Would someone be a lad/ladettes and get me a picture of the setup/equipment?

I'm expecting it to be cheap and bad but professional curiosity has gotten the better of me

Cheers

Attn: Anyone going to the game tomorrow

I won't be there, but a club email tells me there's lasertag advertised as an activity - Would someone be a lad/ladettes and get me a picture of the setup/equipment?

I'm expecting it to be cheap and bad but professional curiosity has gotten the better of me

Cheers
I except the Annual BRM GC Suns lasertag bash to become an event from next season

Last edited:
I except the Annual BRM GC Suns lasertag bash to become an event from next season
We 100% need to get this idea in front of the right people at the Suns 😎

Im guessing that's Always Sunny? I haven't seen it but funnily enough that'd the equipment that I started off with many moons ago. TV is getting better 😂

Also: Apprently there's some kind of football game on today, While it's not very realistic that we'll win. Why not us?

Apparently there's some kind of football game on today, While it's not very realistic that we'll win. Why not us?
If you were to go back just over two weeks and looked at the tips of the so called experts you would see just about everyone tipped Richmond to beat us at Marvel. The same thing happened last week when we played the Giants in Ballarat after they did a job on the Dees the week prior. You can choose to look at it how you like but I think it's evident that our players have adopted the 'why not us?' mentality in the last two weeks. It seems the playing group really does believe that if they bring their best then they are good enough to beat any team. That's the mentality you have to have to improve as a footy club and it's really pleasing to see it on display over the last fortnight.

A win over the Dogs would arguably be our best win ever and would probably be considered the best run of form in our history. I know some people will say the first half of 2014 was better because we recorded five wins in a row but if you go back and look at the opposition we played during that run and where they were placed on the ladder you'll discover this: Melbourne (17th), GWS (14th), North Melbourne (8th), St Kilda (15th) and the Bulldogs (14th). We only beat one top 8 team during that run which was was North Melbourne in 8th and the other five wins were against bottom five opposition. The current run we're on already includes two top 8 wins and we have an opportunity to add 2nd place to that list later today.

Yes, just want to see us take the game on.
That way we give ourselves a chance to win.
Safe, careful play trying to not get blown out will result in a terrible 90-30 type loss.

Im not expecting to win but if we can play 4 qtrs of 100% effort but that results in them outscoring us by a goal a qtr and we lose by 4 goals then so be it. They are top 4 for a reason.

This is the right mindset for me! Even if it is pushed out to 6 or 7 goals, I will gauge us today on effort and for the % of game we bring it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back