Game Day Round 2, 2017: Adelaide vs Hawthorn: (live thread SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

The way the ball came in Brown always had the drop on Hendo.....I really don't know what you think Hendo could have done different without giving away a free.

If he was watching the ball he should be able to out jump Brown and should have been able to get a fist to the ball.

I think it took the rest of the 1st term for the team to adjust the shuffle due to JJ's injury.
Tex got teamed up as well. Like a night at Lennies for him. Had 3 hanging off him all game :D

Vickery probably had a worse game than injured Jenkins.

Gather Sanders is still in denial believing Vickery is a decent player lol. Not even Clarkson can work miracles.

I heard that Clarke was not on the same page as the recruitment team in recruiting Vickery

I think it took the rest of the 1st term for the team to adjust the shuffle due to JJ's injury.

Maybe so, but last week against GWS for at least the 1st qter we had the same thing happen....GWS were starting with plus 2 in our F50.

Really like what Otten did and offered today for a bloke thats missed a heap of footy...has a footy brain.

Was a good move to send him forward also. When he was first drafted he played in the F50 for the Panthers.

I heard that Clarke was not on the same page as the recruitment team in recruiting Vickery

Man Clarksons word should be law down there.

If he says "Dont get me that spud"

YOU FIND ANOTHER PLAYER.

Surely when you've got the best coach in the AFL who has turned ok players into great players you give him the final say.

For those at the game, what was the rough crowd split?

Seemed like massive cheers when we got a goal

Only have to look at the great southern stand wing to see how few Hawks members actually rock up to their games.

I wasn't there but I reckon it looked 70-30 Hawks way

Only have to look at the great southern stand wing to see how few Hawks members actually rock up to their games.
too many bandwagoners who didn't want to sit through a predictable loss after losing to Essendon last week.

What incident? The Jenkins one? Why?

When you look at the replay in slo-mo, it's clear Miles looked at Jenkins going for the ball and Miles decides to use his elbow to fdeliberately thump Jenkins' side-rib area in a pretend attempt to spoil.

Now, if Miles did the same thing but used a clench fist instead to punch Jenkins in the side, would he be reported? I would imagine so. It may be that the elbow is not considered highly dangerous in general but in fact, a strike by the elbow is potentially much more damaging than the fist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, after missing this thread entirely due to not having Foxtel, I did a quick read through after watching the FTA screening. Just about the most negative thread I've ever read, and not just in the first quarter either. Well into the third and fourth when we'd hit the lead it was still negative! I get that footy is an emotional game but some of you seriously need to chill out a bit.

Outside of the first fifteen or so minutes today we outplayed Hawthorn consistently for the entire match. Really good win :thumbsu: Beating Hawthorn at the MCG just seems like one of those things that doesn't happen for the Crows, hell, winning at the MCG at all is rare! Really even spread of contributors, which will need to be the case if we're going to do well this year.

Cameron is really starting to hit his stride, I love seeing him grab the ball cleanly and just stream away from the contest. Milera and Atkins are still doing very nice things, I think too many people expect them to play a role they're not in the side to play. They're not defensive juggernauts, they are the players who get the ball from other midfielders and turn it into a goalscoring opportunity. That doesn't make them a seagull or a downhill skiier, it's an important role that requires the right kind of player. You know, the exact sort of player that has been carving us up for over a decade now?

Good to see Walker work his way into the game, and I liked Otten's game too. I'd be keeping him in this week for sure, whether Lever comes in or not (Kelly can go out if necessary). Actually, I wonder if they'll bring in Lever next week and just move Otten forward to cover Jenkins rather than bringing in Dear/Menzel? Thought Hampton was good in the middle part of the game but had a poor finish. I think we need to stick with him, he's got something.

Two weeks in a row we've had a poor start and then overrun our opponents. It's not ideal to be in that situation each week, but on the plus side, it will give our players huge belief that they can come back from an early deficit - and put doubt in our opponent's minds at the same time!

Wow, after missing this thread entirely due to not having Foxtel, I did a quick read through after watching the FTA screening. Just about the most negative thread I've ever read, and not just in the first quarter either. Well into the third and fourth when we'd hit the lead it was still negative! I get that footy is an emotional game but some of you seriously need to chill out a bit.

Outside of the first fifteen or so minutes today we outplayed Hawthorn consistently for the entire match. Really good win :thumbsu: Beating Hawthorn at the MCG just seems like one of those things that doesn't happen for the Crows, hell, winning at the MCG at all is rare! Really even spread of contributors, which will need to be the case if we're going to do well this year.

Cameron is really starting to hit his stride, I love seeing him grab the ball cleanly and just stream away from the contest. Milera and Atkins are still doing very nice things, I think too many people expect them to play a role they're not in the side to play. They're not defensive juggernauts, they are the players who get the ball from other midfielders and turn it into a goalscoring opportunity. That doesn't make them a seagull or a downhill skiier, it's an important role that requires the right kind of player. You know, the exact sort of player that has been carving us up for over a decade now?

Good to see Walker work his way into the game, and I liked Otten's game too. I'd be keeping him in this week for sure, whether Lever comes in or not (Kelly can go out if necessary). Actually, I wonder if they'll bring in Lever next week and just move Otten forward to cover Jenkins rather than bringing in Dear/Menzel? Thought Hampton was good in the middle part of the game but had a poor finish. I think we need to stick with him, he's got something.

Two weeks in a row we've had a poor start and then overrun our opponents. It's not ideal to be in that situation each week, but on the plus side, it will give our players huge belief that they can come back from an early deficit - and put doubt in our opponent's minds at the same time!

I couldn't have said it better. Plenty of people on this board simply expect failure at every turn and when something good happens they look at it like it wasn't perfect so it's still bad. If the Crows didn't get jumped they would have won by 50-60 points. Look improvements can always be made to the side but sometimes it's also nice to just sit back and look at the positives instead of over focusing on the negatives demanding this unreasonable level of perfection that will never come.

Yeah I would say 70/30. But our supporters were much louder.
I asked every Hawk fan within shouting distance why they weren't going "Breuuuuuuuuust" when he was lining up for his fourth late in the last, but no one answered me.

Maybe they all left early to make sure they were off the road before Hodge got behind the wheel later on. You know how he gets...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back