Preview Round 2 2022, Port Adelaide v. Hawthorn, Saturday 7:10 ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't need to pretend. Especially when Port are playing.
Finlayson is easily outbodied as the ball sails over his head

Reuters-Netherlands-Killer-887155.jpg

Do we ever train at night?

When you see all the preseason training videos/photos they all seem to take place during the day. Why don't they also train in night conditions like they play in half the time? You'd think over summer it'd make sense too as it's a little cooler and they'd maybe get more out of it.

Do we ever train at night?

When you see all the preseason training videos/photos they all seem to take place during the day. Why don't they also train in night conditions like they play in half the time? You'd think over summer it'd make sense too as it's a little cooler and they'd maybe get more out of it.
Arent the greyhounds on at night? Kenny is busy.

From the premier's presser today

Malinauskas said from tomorrow, masks will only need to be worn at the entry and exit of Adelaide Oval, as well as in fully-enclosed indoor areas.

Isn't this the same as the Crows match last week ?
crows game people had to wear them when they left their seats to go to kiosks, bars, toilets etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game has the potential to be a bit frustrating.

We probably have enough quality to get on top in the midfield BUT Hawthorns best strength is probably their ability to intercept and rebound off half-back.

Don’t get me wrong, our outside players are in form (Houston, Bonner, Amon, Burton, DBJ etc) and should get a lot of footy but given our makeshift forward line it could be bouncing in and out all night. Maybe Marshall could do another job limiting Frost.

Hopefully we can break them with weight of inside 50s.

He could do less.
  • He could have kicked no goals, like Finlayson & Gray.
  • He could have taken no marks, like Rozee
  • He could have laid no tackles, like Finlayson & Motlop
  • He could have taken no contested marks, like Finlayson (and Rozee, and Gray, and Motlop...)
Justifying incompetence with incompetence, I guess I'm right

He could do less.
  • He could have kicked no goals, like Finlayson & Gray.
  • He could have taken no marks, like Rozee
  • He could have laid no tackles, like Finlayson & Motlop
  • He could have taken no contested marks, like Finlayson (and Rozee, and Gray, and Motlop...)
I would have Marshall as Captain Coach over Hinkley

We are what we are. A patched up side with a couple of new faces and a couple of 50 game players who who need to do more than show promise.

It could be worse as we could be in West Coast's position and who is to say we won't be at some stage?
The AFL are insisting that the WCE v North game goes ahead. No problem with that as long as a game is not postponed the first time a Melbourne based side has an outbreak of Covid. I will not dwell on it as there are other threads for discussion.

I guess we have to take the cards we are dealt as things could be a lot worse in what may be a wild season. Let's back the players we have and get the job done on a special night.

Speaking of completely useless apps needed to watch the game - I'm being dragged along to an event on Sat night.

Will the 7plus app let me watch their main channel live, or does it only have re-runs of Sunrise and Million Dollar Minute?
You can only watch it on kayo, if you're interested message me and I'll give you my kayo details so you can watch

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can only watch it on kayo, if you're interested message me and I'll give you my kayo details so you can watch

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
haha - tried pulling up the Syd v Geelong game on the 7 App, instead they're showing a 3hr 'Best of Border and Police Force' clipshow. But after that they go to the AFL post-game. Awesome.

Already decided I'll just record off the TV, should be some Ebert tribute stuff worth keeping. Thanks for the offer though! Legend.

At Adelaide Oval for a work function tonight and snuck off to get a better view of the Russ tribute guernsey. Looking good.

A946ED52-DEE0-4C24-A40D-A3B3EEF1DB7F.jpeg

It's eerie being the only one here. Feels like an AAMI Stadium game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back