Out: No change

Hawthorn

B: Rick Ladson, Stephen Gilham, Benjamin Stratton

HB: Grant Birchall, Josh Gibson, Cameron Bruce

C: Chance Bateman, Sam Mitchell, Shane Savage

HF: Clinton Young, Lance Franklin, Shaun Burgoyne

F: David Hale, Jarryd Roughead, Cyril Rioli

Foll: Brent Renouf, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell

I/C: Xavier Ellis, Brent Guerra, Jordan Lewis, Michael Osborne, Brendan Whitecross, Liam Shiels, Matt Suckling

In: Xavier Ellis, Brent Guerra, Luke Hodge

Re: Team round 2

White X, Sheils & Suckling would be the likely outs I think.
Like the inclusions, just hope that Hodge is as close to 100% as possible.

3 good ins. Happy with that.

Agreed :thumbsu:

Great to see Hodgey and Savage named in the team as well, as opposed to on the interchange, although the former might be a bit of a bluff, time will tell. Very happy for Savage.

I reckon you're on the money there, Bradway. Though who of the 4 interchange (Ellis, Lewis, Ozzy, Guerra would be make the sub?

Great ins:thumbsu: First thing that comes to mind seeing these 3 names....Excellent poise under pressure!! Something we lacked a bit last week when going got tough.

You would think Grant Birchall would be dead lucky and Shiels dead unlucky based on last weeks game. But the 3 inclusions are no brainers.
Puopolo must be wondering what he has to do after BOG in the Box Hill game but Clarkson sticks with his boys even if some of them have failed to reciprocate. I despair of him emulating Malthouse and injecting a bit of fresh blood in the team. The Hawk selectors are nothing if not predictably conservative.

You would think Grant Birchall would be dead lucky and Shiels dead unlucky based on last weeks game. But the 3 inclusions are no brainers.

Given that ellis has come in i have my doubts on sewell being good to go for this game. Which will be a big loss but great ins guerra and hodge both great kicks and provide a bit of stability down back (i think they will play there).

i'm hoping we still with suckling for another game... to see if he can get a bit of confidence.

I think we have Lewis on the bench and thats enough for in and under mids.

My Outs would be... Shiels Whitecross Ellis

Don't think Ellis adds much to our team.

He would be the Sub anyway if he wasn't dropped

Good team. Hodge more likely to play across half back though wouldn't he to improve our composure and strength down there are get mroe game time out of him.

I'd think so, CLA.

Would we give Bruce a run-with/tag role? He did a half decent job on Hodgey last year. I'm loving the fact he won't be rebounding off half back against us either.

We could try Hodge in the guts for small bursts if he's up to hit, but I'd imagine he will spend most time off half back given he's probably still working up to full fitness.

If we go down the dropping youth path again (suckling and shiels) I will be bitterly disappointed. Here's hoping stick with the youth and instead send a message to the seniors who don't consistently perform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that good iNclusions. Not sure all three will make it though.

I reckon only one of Guerra or Suckling can be in, and possibly neither. One of them may be the sub too!

Then it means we need to drop one or two of the rest. probably Osborne is in biggest risk and maybe Whitecross?

Like to see a big win on Sunday

Just on 3AW 'whispers' has said that Luke Hodge had pulled up sore and is in big doubt for Sunday's game.

Hmmm, supose we will see on Super Saturday if Hodgey trains or not.

Shiels has done absolutely nothing wrong and was far from our worst last week......Keep the youth Clarko.

If we go down the dropping youth path again (suckling and shiels) I will be bitterly disappointed. Here's hoping stick with the youth and instead send a message to the seniors who don't consistently perform.

Totally agree. :thumbsu: Time to start rewarding youth who are performing well and stop rewarding poor form because of past glories.

Not sure why Whitecross is going to be ommitted . . . he played a lot better than Cameron Bruce, Michael Osborne, etc.
I'd be more inclined to drop Osborne for Whitecross.

Good ins. Keep Shiels and Savage hopefully.

Huge chance that both Hodge and Sewell wont play this week:thumbsdown: If the rumours coming out of waverly are true! If thats the case it may only be the one change Guerra in for Sewell! Lewis, Shiels and co to take up the slack:thumbsu::cool:

I suspect that the 3 outs wont all come from the extended bench. I think Suckers will be unlucky, I would have like to see him play 3-4 games on the trot to see how he goes.

I see ladson and Ossie being the others and look for Goo to play more in the forward line. Bank on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back