Preview Round 2 team: Hawthorn vs Melbourne, MCG, Sun 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can somebody please explain to me what X and Goo have done wrong:confused:
Nothing. It's a good thing mate lol we actually have genuine depth now, so i'd get used to seeing a few of the older boys playing for box hill occasionally.

Very happy with this team, I thought birch and ozzy should have been dropped but it was never gonna happen. I'm just wrapped that suckers and shiels kept their spot this week especially shiels, he really deserved it after last weeks performance.

would be pissed if whitecross misses. One thing he needs is some continuity this year, and he didn't do much wrong against adelaide.
Was a bit stiff as he was the sub against Adelaide. But in all fairness, whilst he was only on the last quarter, you could hardly say he set the world alight with his performance. I like Swiss and what he brings, but he just needs to take that extra half step up and find some consistency in his performances.

Whitecross came on in the last quarter, had 7 disposals, and ht up at least one target inside the fotward 50 (score assist)

done nothing wrong. If anyone should be dropped, it's Bruce.

Re: Team round 2

I agree with you on ur team balance theory. The likes of Savage, Shiels, Pup and Cheney may not be the best skilled players but they bring that speed to the side and/or that grunt that every team needs that you don't get from someone like a Ellis or a Ladson.

Also agree with those who want the kids played, although nothing to me suggest WX deserves a place in the side. To win games against the good team you can't carry those who can't kick and lack the hardness at the ball, which someone like Cheney can do to make up for his questionable disposal.

Rubbish, WX is both a hard nut and can quick.

would be pissed if whitecross misses. One thing he needs is some continuity this year, and he didn't do much wrong against adelaide.

HP absolutely correct. The protected ones get 4-5 weeks before we threaten to drop them (and dont). The kids get a quarter. McGlynn, Kennedy. Next??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to demand a position. Didn't do that on Saturday night. Only got a quarter, however, should have done more to be in the 21 on that particular night.

Doesn't have any attribute that stands out, has to really believe he is worthy more than anything I reckon.

Yeah for mine if Whitecross plays it's not as a sub.

Would like Shiels to definitely get another game. Bruce will be keen to make amends as well.

I am not a fan of playing all three of Suckling, Ladson and Guerra, as they don't bring enough run to the team. I'd also give Laddo and Suckers another game, as I thought both were ok.

Therefore, I would bring in Hodge, drop Whitecross for a week and make Ossie the sub.

Wow, looks like the coaches agree.

Has to demand a position. Didn't do that on Saturday night. Only got a quarter, however, should have done more to be in the 21 on that particular night.

Doesn't have any attribute that stands out, has to really believe he is worthy more than anything I reckon.

You still have to give the kids more than one game in a row . . . look at yarran, 4 disposals in a whole game last week and he's back in again.

Whitecross' attributes are his hard running, marking and football nous. That's just my observation.

go and check his efficiency....his turn-overs were terrible...for a subbie to come on and have zero impact for us and gift goals to the opposition is not what is needed IMO

Wow, looks like the coaches agree.

And that's disappointing imo. It's pretty hard to come into a game at the point he did and make an impact if that's what this decision has been based on.

Even last season he never seemed to get the opportunity to really string some games consistently together. While it's only rd 2 and I'm sure he will get other opportunities I hope this doesn't turn into another player wanting to seek better options elsewhere as I do believe he has a lot to offer if given the chance.

And that's disappointing imo. It's pretty hard to come into a game at the point he did and make an impact if that's what this decision has been based on.

Even last season he never seemed to get the opportunity to really string some games consistently together. While it's only rd 2 and I'm sure he will get other opportunities I hope this doesn't turn into another player wanting to seek better options elsewhere as I do believe he has a lot to offer if given the chance.
I doubt it has CP.

Would have more to do with giving him limited game time for two weeks in a row. Couple this with the question of whether he gives us enough impact with the game there to be won, and you've got why the decision has been made.

Another thing that our selection has shown this week is the rise in depth.
Ellis, Guerra, Whitecross, Murphy, Puopolo and Cheney(plus some Youngsters) are all fighting to get into the squad. It's great.

go and check his efficiency....his turn-overs were terrible...for a subbie to come on and have zero impact for us and gift goals to the opposition is not what is needed IMO

His and a few others - Bruce for example was deplorable and Hale, Franklin and Mitchell had some serious clangers between them. He came into the game for one quarter - others had been given three quarters to get there game up and running and for some to no avail so I don't think checking his efficiency is enough to justify non selection personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back