Preview Round 20 - Carlton vs GWS Giants, Sunday 5th August 2018, Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the club is resting some of our best players and using the opportunity against Carlton to play one our heralded kids from last year in his last chance to get a game this year.

And here I was thinking I was a lunatic for suggesting something similar?

It's almost as if you suggested Whitfield instead of Shiel! :eek:

Oh wait... :p

Wow the club is resting some of our best players and using the opportunity against Carlton to play one our heralded kids from last year in his last chance to get a game this year.

And here I was thinking I was a lunatic for suggesting something similar?
To be fair having Dawson Simpson fall on your ankle at training is hardly "resting" a player

If he fell on me (with my injury history) I reckon it might be season ending!

It's almost as if you suggested Whitfield instead of Shiel! :eek:

Oh wait... :p

Haha well Shiel and TT are kinda special as well ;-)

Bottom line is it’s good some of the troops are getting a rest. At the end of the day their absence won’t cost us a chance of winning it will all be about turning up!!...which we did not do last year.

Looking forward to seeing Bonar “The Beast” unleashed!! Looks a bull.

Last edited:

To be fair having Dawson Simpson fall on your ankle at training is hardly "resting" a player

If he fell on me (with my injury history) I reckon it might be season ending!

Has Shiel been tagged recently? He seems to have been a bit flat for a month or so and just wonder if he’s being sat on or perhaps is actually “sore”. I sort of thought with blokes coming back in it might free him up but if anything he’s become less a factor for us recently.

Titus O’Rielly is hit and miss for me, but I didn’t mind this one (except for the Cameron crack of course)

Sunday

Carlton vs Greater Western Sydney (ES) 1:10 PM

The Giants have been big supporters of the charity known as the Carlton Football Club, often dropping off things they don’t need to them over the years to help them get by.

It’s nice to see, the successful clubs should always support the minnows of the competition.

The Blues are on fire and less like a dumpster this week because they won a game of football!

Carlton now are eyeing off two in a row but this time they’re taking on the expansion team that didn’t waste the once in a lifetime opportunity handed to it.

The Giants will be welcoming back Jeremy Cameron, so wear a helmet, Carlton players.

Giants to win.

9810e9b25a178dcd46364df931fd0289.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Titus O’Rielly is hit and miss for me, but I didn’t mind this one (except for the Cameron crack of course)

Sunday

Carlton vs Greater Western Sydney (ES) 1:10 PM

The Giants have been big supporters of the charity known as the Carlton Football Club, often dropping off things they don’t need to them over the years to help them get by.

It’s nice to see, the successful clubs should always support the minnows of the competition.

The Blues are on fire and less like a dumpster this week because they won a game of football!

Carlton now are eyeing off two in a row but this time they’re taking on the expansion team that didn’t waste the once in a lifetime opportunity handed to it.

The Giants will be welcoming back Jeremy Cameron, so wear a helmet, Carlton players.

Giants to win.
:D I preferred Dylan Buckley's podcast yesterday.
His first question toToby was "kicked anyone in the head lately?"
That was funny.

its so refreshing now how many options we have with potential inclusions/exclusions for the squad. not even 4 weeks ago it was a case of, who's fit enough to play. let alone Williams & Scully as potential in's as well...

HH has been a beast lately, im eating my humble pie now after giving him grief over the past couple of months, really hope he can continue that form leading into September.

another danger game for us, Etihad is a bit of uncertainty, the saints results the past couple seasons, would really like us to turn up the heat against Carlton and be relentless. this game has potential for us to be stressful and is something we don't need seeing as we have all lost of few years of life from stress this season :p
The team’s coming together at just the right time.

Ah glad to get a look at him. All reports have him as an inside big body who is ferocious at the contest. He might lack defensive pressure tho, which was the knock on him early in the year. I can see him with limited game time, but playing inside and high half forward. Maybe he attends stoppages forward of centre?

Carlton board optimistic with Shiel and Timmy out but i think that spot is filled by MDB (Shiel) and now Bonar. Not a like for like talent/experience wise but certainly more than good enough.

We don't really bury teams do we? most times we get 5-6 goals ahead and cruise. That said Im still picking a 7 goal margain
We need to. Help put some fear into teams.

Haha well Shiel and TT are kinda special as well ;-)

Bottom line is it’s good some of the troops are getting a rest. At the end of the day their absence won’t cost us a chance of winning it will all be about turning up!!...which we did not do last year.

Looking forward to seeing Bonar “The Beast” unleashed!! Looks a bull.
Bonar has really explosive speed. It will take him a few years to learn how to use it at the right times. He will be an inside beast.

What will the match ups be for the Tall defenders?
Davis Taylor Tomlinson
McKay Curnow and not sure if Silvagni plays as a forward but with Buntine and Haynes able to support I cannot see too many goals conceded to the Blues tall forwards and an opportunity for Taylor to play on Curnow will be a learning experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else worried about this one? We should win easy. But history says we might not be such sure things. Our form does give me confidence though, and they’ve gotta know how crucial the 4 points are.

Is anyone else worried about this one? We should win easy. But history says we might not be such sure things. Our form does give me confidence though, and they’ve gotta know how crucial the 4 points are.
Win and we sit third, if that doesn't motivate them enough then I'm not sure what would

Win and we sit third, if that doesn't motivate them enough then I'm not sure what would
Agreed.

Peoples thoughts on the forward line with Cameron back? Sounds funny to say but I hope he doesn’t disrupt things much. Himmelberg has been getting better by the week and I genuinely feel the season has changed due to guys like Langdon, Daniels and Greene running around like terriers.

I just worry Cameron, Lobb and HH has the potential to be too top heavy. The long bomb, one dimensional game plan cannot return, it’s since that’s been tossed that the season gained momentum.

Agreed.

Peoples thoughts on the forward line with Cameron back? Sounds funny to say but I hope he doesn’t disrupt things much. Himmelberg has been getting better by the week and I genuinely feel the season has changed due to guys like Langdon, Daniels and Greene running around like terriers.

I just worry Cameron, Lobb and HH has the potential to be too top heavy. The long bomb, one dimensional game plan cannot return, it’s since that’s been tossed that the season gained momentum.
Agreed, I doubt/hope we return to bombing it inside 50..
Lobb more likely to swing through wing and ruck, HH very mobile tall with JC and at least 2 of the smaller fwds roving the ball drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back