Round 20: Geelong vs. Fremantle

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

Looks like Freo might be without Bell, which will make stopping Hasleby that much easier.

Hopefully we get Sando back, but will lose Monica to a groin injury.

I'm thinking a nice ten goal win, however, having said that, Fremantle won't be a complete shove over.

Pavlich looms as the man we need to stop. Starting to hit into some form again, and always seems to have the upper hand against however we pit against him.

If Phat's right, the loss of Bell for Freo should ensure we win the ever decisive midfield battle, which hopefully should lead to a victory in front of the faithful Cattery.

That being said, this game, as with every other game, looms as another danger match.

catattack said:
I'm thinking a nice ten goal win, however, having said that, Fremantle won't be a complete shove over.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, We did last week against collingwood last week and look what happened to us.

Having said that we will need to improve tenfold to come close against you'se. Our midfield will need to stand up and a bit of toughness from all our players will be required. It appears Bell is more likely thant less likely to play which is a relief.

The head says Geelong by 23 the heart says Freo by less than 2 goals.

I'm worried about this match. Fremantle should be keen to make amends for last week where they were shown up for desperation, while last week Geelong were simply unable to get out of cruise mode, despite Bomber's pleads.

If Geelong enter this match with the same attitude, figuring Fremantale play crap away, then Fremantle will jump to a substantial early lead, which may be difficult to claw back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we played scrappy like we did last week we will just win but if we play our running game we will beat them convencingly. Ben Graham needs to fire and same with kent. the back line will hold up like it has all year, If bell doesn't play then the midfeild will run over the top of them. One of these 3 games left we need to hand out a bealting so our % goes up and we could sneak in to the top 4.

I'm worried that Freo might jump as at the start, not that were incapable of fighting back. But the bigger concern are players like Farmer and Medhurst, the type who we seem to especially struggle with. If they hit their straps, we're in for a torrid afternoon. Certainly not as confident as most of the punters on the main board.

Sanderson back

From the Addy 12/8

BRENTON Sanderson is set for a timely senior return just three weeks out from the finals.

Sanderson and the player regarded as his heir apparent, Tim Callan, are likely inclusions for Saturday's clash against Fremantle at Skilled Stadium.

The vice-captain trained strongly yesterday after missing two matches with a knee injury, as did Callan, who missed last week with a neck injury.

David Wojcinski is the the only Cat in doubt after sustaining a groin injury in the last term of Sunday's win over Richmond.

The speedy onballer didn't train with the main group yesterday but football operations manager Garry Davidson said it was part of his recovery process and he was a chance to come up.

Coach Mark Thompson said Sanderson was a definite starter, while rating Wojcinski as a 50-50 chance.

Paul Chapman and Cameron Mooney left the track just 30 minutes into yesterday's hour-long session but Davidson ruled out any injury concerns.

A win over the Dockers, which would be the Cats' 13th in 15 matches, could see them break into the top four for the first time this year.

looks like:

IN: Callan, Sanderson
OUT: ?Wojcinski, ?Byrnes, ?Playfair

W is a hardy bugger, remember when he almost took that hanger (night game?) and crashed to the ground @ Colonial, played next week.

Re: Sanderson back

Thanks for that Rickster.

Does anyone else find it weird that, 2 days from the game, there has been no mention of the game on the Dockers Board (at least i can't find it)?

You'd be hard pressed to even know there was a game on, apart from a 6 reply thread from the start of the week about changes (Geelong wasn't mentioned).

GEELONG v FREMANTLE
Saturday, 2:10pm, Skilled Stadium

GEELONG
B: Corey, Scarlett, Milburn
HB: Hunt, Harley, Sanderson
C: Wojcinski, Ling, Riccardi
HF: Kingsley, Mooney, Bartel
F: S.Johnson, Graham, Gardiner
FOLL: King, Chapman, Ablett
I/C: Johnson, Koulouriotis, Callan, Tenace
EMG: Byrnes, McCarthy, Haynes
IN: Sanderson, Callan
OUT: Playfair, Byrnes

FREMANTLE
B: Thornton, Parker, Cook
HB: Grover, Haddrill, Siegert
C: Walker, Hasleby, McManus
HF: Headland, Pavlich, Farmer
F: J.Longmuir, Simmonds, Medhurst
FOLL: Sandilands, Bell, Smith
I/C: Schammer, Browne, Polak, T.Longmuir
EMG: Dodd, Hayden, Murphy
IN: T.Longmuir
OUT: Woods

Bit stiff on H missing out, but such is the level of competition for a spot these days.

I'd assume Byrnes will be called up if Woj doesn't pull up too flash for the game.

Good to see Timmy Callan called back up, the addition of him and Sando will no doubt help combat Freo's twin goalsneaks in Farmer and Medhurst.

GeeCat said:
Bit stiff on H missing out, but such is the level of competition for a spot these days.

I'd assume Byrnes will be called up if Woj doesn't pull up too flash for the game.

Good to see Timmy Callan called back up, the addition of him and Sando will no doubt help combat Freo's twin goalsneaks in Farmer and Medhurst.

Wouldnt be surprised if Mooney and McCarthy are swapped. Mooney leaving the track early and McCarthy being talked up by Thompson during the week.

On an aside note, good luck to young Gazza who plays his 50th game for the club this weekend. Has played some memorable games right from his debut back in 2002, lighting up games in his own right with his match of flair and skill. I look forward to watching him grow as a player in his many more games for the Geelong Football Club.

phatandphreaky said:
Does anyone else find it weird that, 2 days from the game, there has been no mention of the game on the Dockers Board (at least i can't find it)?

They mustn't be that confident, it's like the traffic/match reports after losses on Cats Claw, the postings are less in number and length.

Looking back in the Addy archives from post Round 2, I can't even believe it's the same team.....

rickster1 said:
They mustn't be that confident, it's like the traffic/match reports after losses on Cats Claw, the postings are less in number and length.

Looking back in the Addy archives from post Round 2, I can't even believe it's the same team.....

Cheers. I don't think we are confident at all (the supporters) going to a ground where we have never won against the form team of the Competition.

And that is now we are going ok. I was thinking this morning how delusional Dwayne Russel must have been when he came up with the "Haselby Game" scenario.

If we turn up to play I thnk it should be close but you blokes should get the 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back