Game Day Round 21 V Adelaide. #ToughAsTex

Jiggyman

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah i reckon. Sucks how that happens to players, just lose all momentum
I wonder if the back-line being a bit unsettled recently has contributed? Duggan & Cole out, Barrass re-adjusting, Schofield out & in...

Also don't forget the ball spent a lot of time in our defense earlier this year. We've probably upped our forward time since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FKASC

Account Deleted
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I wonder if the back-line being a bit unsettled recently has contributed? Duggan & Cole out, Barrass re-adjusting, Schofield out & in...

Also don't forget the ball spent a lot of time in our defense earlier this year. We've probably upped our forward time since then.
It’s still a more settled defence than most sides. We have had a pretty stable line up.

The goals per entry is just really worrying

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

Jiggyman

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s still a more settled defence than most sides. We have had a pretty stable line up.

Probably starts in the midfield, with probably every team focused on countering our gamestyle. The Crouch Bros and Sloane were pretty good at scything through our midfield with handballs in patches. Creating chaos in our defense with a low, quick ball causes problems. Do we need another small defender?

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast

Crows played players behind the ball and attacked off the HBF today . Their structure gave them a much more open forward line . That sort of footy struggles if conditions arent perfect . Crows had great conditions and executed their game plan very well .

Our game works in both dry and wet which we have had to modify this year with all the slippery night games .

Avalor

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Scott Lycett 2018 averages: 20 hit outs, 12 disposals and 2.7 marks

Tom Hickey 2019 averages: 19.5 hitouts, 12 disposals and 3 marks.

One is rated as one of the better ruckmen in the comp, and you’re saying the other one is ‘barely serviceable’
Hickey has been tremendous this year. We would not be equal top without him.

Avalor

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
We won, very happy with the win. My old man died this week so it was made just a little bit brighter by the Eagles. AFL really is wonderful like that.

Genuinley just so grateful for little pick me up. Thanks you, you beautiful Eagles.
Sorry to hear that Benji. Thank god the Eagles won for you then.

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah cmon fellas JK kicked 7 a few weeks ago. Rumours of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

A pretty meh win, did enough. This is both kinda annoying but a good place to be; I'd be very happy if we cruised the GF by 2 goals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2009
Greenough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
Wonder when teams will start putting their best defender on Darling instead of Kennedy.

Sucks to see JK battle, but he’s doing his job for the team. Just needs some reward.
Thats the thing - hes too good for a second tall - he will kick a few for sure - and darling will still bob up and get a couple anyway.

And allen will just love it.

TY24

Mining Magnate
Mar 21, 2017
The absolute middle of nowhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
We won, very happy with the win. My old man died this week so it was made just a little bit brighter by the Eagles. AFL really is wonderful like that.

Genuinley just so grateful for little pick me up. Thanks you, you beautiful Eagles.
My condolences mate. I’m sure I speak for everyone here when I say we’re all behind you and here for you if you’re doing it tough. We’re family here.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast
More concerning random guys getting hold of us for multiple goals.

Fogarty: 5
Nic Newman: 4
Fritsch: 4
Mihocek: 4

Might be nothing but sort of annoying.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nic newman with 3 hand off bombs from outside 50 . Loose checking from the forward who let him stroll up from HB and kick them. Hardly our defences fault .

Mihocek has kicked 32 goals this year with 4 bags of 4 goals . He is a good player

Fritch switched from a defender to a forward 6 weeks ago and has kicked 13.10 . He is in bloody good form not just against us .

And fogarty will be a star . Reminds me of ricciuto.

You have to give credit where credit is due . We are the premiers players want to turn up and play their best against the best .

eaglesnutcase

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Good win against a VERY committed team! Coming into finals i'll take that sort of win over Brissies flogging of GC any day.that was a very bruising game and young Cameron was probably better off being rested.Good decision match committee.
I'm a bit worried about next week as we will have some very sore bodies.
Hickey must lead us into finals whether or not NN is back.He takes a workload that an unfit NN could never carry.Id look at NN primarily as a forward.
Waterman kicked three but didnt impress me at times.His body language/second efforts were ordinary.
Win and win tough!! Look out finals here we come.

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
Te Fiti
AFL Club
West Coast
Good win against a VERY committed team! Coming into finals i'll take that sort of win over Brissies flogging of GC any day.that was a very bruising game and young Cameron was probably better off being rested.Good decision match committee.
I'm a bit worried about next week as we will have some very sore bodies.
Hickey must lead us into finals whether or not NN is back.He takes a workload that an unfit NN could never carry.Id look at NN primarily as a forward.
Waterman kicked three but didnt impress me at times.His body language/second efforts were ordinary.
Win and win tough!! Look out finals here we come.
I concur with your first paragraph or two. Great pre-finals hitout.

There's no way we play Nic as a fwd. Our fwd line functions pretty well as is. Just give him 50% game time, doing Nic things is what we need. Here's hoping.

eaglesnutcase

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
I concur with your first paragraph or two. Great pre-finals hitout.

There's no way we play Nic as a fwd. Our fwd line functions pretty well as is. Just give him 50% game time, doing Nic things is what we need. Here's hoping.
Dazz, ive been a huge NN fan for longer than most, but the dangers here are twofold.[ 1 ] taking an underdone injury prone [and he is now] player into a pressure cooker final [ 2 ] Ive seen so many times over the years where an average bigman steps up and grinds out games.The team gets in behind him and he is essentially another bigger midfielder.Suddenly, come finals, up steps your premier bigman from injury to claim his spot.The team often loses the dynamic theyve spent months developing.Remember Giles ONE great game in Adelaide? Hickey is nearly giving us that weekly.
NN could cover JK if he stays off the boil [ God forbid ] or take Watermans place with the odd burst in the ruck.

Top Bottom