Unofficial Preview Round 22 - Dees v Weagles - A Dream - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

So Footy Guy, what exactly do you bring to the Melbourne board? Nothing really, everybody already says everything under the sun and so far the only thing I've contributed was being really annoying.
We've all had a dream. A dream that we all pursue. A dream that when when completed, gives us a wonderful feeling of completion and that we could do anything that we put our mind to. Maybe it's to go from the bottom of the bunch to top banana. Maybe it's to drop 2 strokes off your golf game. Maybe it's to finish building a small boat in a bottle. For most, it's to do the incredible, a daring feat that would make people be in awe after you've done it. Climb the tallest mountain, sail the seven seas, open a pickle jar, anything and everything.
Author's Note: Yes, I do remember why I wasn't very good at English
And then, there's a the sporting dream. Kick the ball and pretend that you are Archie Thompson, Scott Higginbotham or a Jakovich brother and see yourself on the big stage showing off your amazing skills in front of a packed house as you go onto victory. Just the site of the MCG, SCG, BCG, ACG, WACA filled them with such aspirations of being the greatest ever. Of course, there are the sub-dreams of kicking 100 goals, mowing over players, winning the Grand Final.
Author's Note: Man, I wish I could write longer paragraphs

And beating West Coast
Author's Note: To think I would've celebrated my 21st B'Day going to this match
I mean, who doesn't want to beat West Coast? They think that they're still the only team in Perth, can't win outside outside the fictional city so they complain hard enough to get a new ground built like a proper stadium and keep changing their guernsey every 5 years. Credit to them though, they did bring us the 2006 heroes every kid should look up to, like Melbourne supporter Chris Judd, and players who celebrate the fact that they didn't punch someone for 174 games...by punching someone...like Melbourne supporter Andrew Gaff (look at what you did to him!)

It's even better when it's Fremantle doing the beating (until they ditched the anchor) like Derbies No. 12, 18, 19, 23, 27, 29, 30, 40 etc. etc. or when those who go for the ol' Heave Ho, when they were younger, go to Melbourne but still do the same thing there so that everyone can join in the fun of beating a team that falls in a heap when even 1 player of their best 22 gets injured. (At least Melbourne can beat Essendon, Adelaide and North)
Author's Note: I suck at banter
Honestly, Melbourne has had a better history then what West Coast could ever dream of. Sure, West Coast has had to battle more teams and had the luck of the draft to contend with, whereas Melbourne's Golden Era, it was a more simpler time where footy was still a past-time to get away from the everday life of work. At least Melbourne has had a golden era while West Coast gets a good team that lasts 3-5 years before falling away.
Author's Note: Being born in '97 and following football since '05 does not help with recalling history
Out of Mainwaring, McKenna, Jakovich, Judd, Cousins, Glass, Sheuy, Naitanui, Gaff
and
Stynes, Lyon, Jakovich, Neitz, Robertson, Yze, Jones, Gawn, Oliver,
Who do you pick? Of course there isn't answer because of bias so I'll just let the players do the talking.

Melbourne by another classic 3 points Don't lie, you know you're gonna tip West Coast. Yeah, but I'll feel bad doing it.

Melbourne FC and WCE summed up in two photos

upload_2018-8-17_14-35-15.jpeg

jeremy-mcgovern_1odhe716gtiqz1lw9f0qlyu97r.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back