Preview Round 22: Gold Coast vs Essendon, Kardinia Park, Sunday 15/08/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Will we stay in the hunt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a good test for us - expectation to win is there coupled with the need to win for finals. Will it be Essendon or Essington this Sunday?

This will be a good test for us - expectation to win is there coupled with the need to win for finals. Will it be Essendon or Essington this Sunday?

Other than Hawthorn in Round 1 we’ve been good at winning the games we’re expected to. Hopefully that pattern keeps up over the next fortnight

Other than Hawthorn in Round 1 we’ve been good at winning the games we’re expected to. Hopefully that pattern keeps up over the next fortnight

I agree, it's a odd feeling to go into games we're expected to win without that normal dread of expecting to drop it in classic Essington style.

Stop with the woe is me sh*t.

It isn't woe is me at all. It's pointing out that we had our choice of grounds is not correct. For someone as pedantic as you can be at times I'd have thought you'd understand that.

It isn't woe is me at all. It's pointing out that we had our choice of grounds is not correct. For someone as pedantic as you can be at times I'd have thought you'd understand that.
When all and sundry have been whinging about the travel and how we're the worst affected of any side, yes it is.

We had a choice of 3 grounds. GWS vs Port was already scheduled for the night game at Docklands so they could literally give it to one other team for the early game. Channel 7 wanted to retain our game as one of their broadcast games as was scheduled for the Saturday. Giving Gold Coast a choice first is fair enough given that we have TWO grounds we play home games on (split relatively evenly) and Melbourne play 9 home games at the MCG every season.

We had a choice. Just because it wasn't as big a choice doesn't mean it wasn't a choice. We chose the MCG.

When all and sundry have been whinging about the travel and how we're the worst affected of any side, yes it is.

We had a choice of 3 grounds. GWS vs Port was already scheduled for the night game at Docklands so they could literally give it to one other team for the early game. Channel 7 wanted to retain our game as one of their broadcast games as was scheduled for the Saturday. Giving Gold Coast a choice first is fair enough given that we have TWO grounds we play home games on (split relatively evenly) and Melbourne play 9 home games at the MCG every season.

We had a choice. Just because it wasn't as big a choice doesn't mean it wasn't a choice. We chose the MCG.

I hope the AFL give GC the same choice then, you can choose Marvel Stadium or Docklands. Which would you prefer?

I hope the AFL give GC the same choice then, you can choose Marvel Stadium or Docklands. Which would you prefer?
They will give them a choice of all available grounds in Victoria. The same as the one they gave us

They will give them a choice of all available grounds in Victoria. The same as the one they gave us

No they didn't, you said as much yourself:

" they could literally give it to one other team for the early game. Channel 7 wanted to retain our game as one of their broadcast games as was scheduled for the Saturday. "

So they can give GC the same choice and the same restrictions based on the broadcaster preference.

" they could literally give it to one other team for the early game. Channel 7 wanted to retain our game as one of their broadcast games as was scheduled for the Saturday. "

So they can give GC the same choice and the same restrictions based on the broadcaster preference.
We still got a choice of all three available grounds. The broadcaster only had influence as to retaining it at either the 3:20 timeslot or the 7:20 timeslot.

We had a choice of 3 grounds. We chose the MCG

Who. Cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are allowed to care. If you don't, scroll past it.
No point getting fixated on stuff, this season hasn’t been fair, neither was 2020. Sydney are going to have to play a home final interstate this year, a bulk of the final series may be moved out of Melbourne. Imagine demons fans first time in years their team is a realistic shot of winning the flag and most of the supporters won’t get to be part of September. Eventually you just have to roll with the punches.

No point getting fixated on stuff, this season hasn’t been fair, neither was 2020. Sydney are going to have to play a home final interstate this year, a bulk of the final series may be moved out of Melbourne. Imagine demons fans first time in years their team is a realistic shot of winning the flag and most of the supporters won’t get to be part of September. Eventually you just have to roll with the punches.
All valid points.

People can still care about it though, even if you dont think its worth it.

Much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back