Preview Round 3: Essendon vs St. Kilda, Docklands, Saturday 03/04/2020 @ 4:35 PM

Chicken dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll melt if it's Perkins or Waterman.

I don’t think we’ll do that. At least, I hope not.

It will either be BZT or Phillips I think. But then again, surely they’d prefer Phillips to get game time in the VFL instead of being the medical sub due to our ruck situation.

Age article now says

In: Waterman Perkins Guelfi Phillips BZT Stringer

Out: Cahill Gleeson Shiel Draper Caldwell

Assume the sixth “out” is Cutler, doubt you cop three straight sub games, needs to play.

B: Francis - BZT - Redman
HB: Laverde - Ridley - Hind
C: Cox - McGrath - Langford
HF: Snelling - Jones - Stringer
F: AMT - Hooker - Wright
R: Phillips - Parish - Merrett
I: Smith - Ham - Perkins - Waterman
Sub: Guelfi

Pretty stupid all this, they’ve obviously picked the team, name it ffs

Just a guess on Guelfi, could well be one of the debutants

Not that keen on Phillips coming straight in. He's been out of action for a long time. Reckon they could have debuted Nick Bryan or alternatively just use Wright in the ruck and have Jones give him a chop out. In particular because Saints aren't exactly going to be rocking their best ruck division either.

That said it'll be great to have Stringer back, looking forward to seeing Perkins and Waterman making their debuts. Plus I've always liked Guelfi as a player.

Except it appears Phillips might be a chance to be named this week...
Has done the training loads from what I hear. Rutten has already mentioned 2MP will be taking a decent amount of the ruck work. What I do know is right now they will not take a chance on injury issues. Previously Stringer would have played last week.

Can’t see them rushing in Phillips after so long out and barely training. Then again, it’s Essendon...

Would be happy to see:

Francis BZT Ridley
Redman Laverde Hind
Langford Merrett Cox
Stringer Jones Smith
Waterman Hooker Tippa
Wright Parish McGrath
Perkins Ham Guelfi Snelling

Sub: Gleeson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, if you’re ever going to ruck Peter Wright solo, McKernan and probably Carlisle are the ones to do it against.

To be honest given who we have available I really like the way that side looks.

Plus not having him in the F50 with the Ghost of Cale Hooker should make our forward line work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back