Round 4: Changes v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to read to much into the way the song was sung (agree it was lacklustre) but it was an expected win and in the bag with a long way to go in the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Cats rested a few players so they’d be right off the short turnaround. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them keep a couple home instead of travelling interstate on a 5 day break.

Expecting them to make 5 or 6 changes next week.

Macrae defineitly staying in the team judging by Bevo's comments in the presser. Hard to drop anyone really, but Richards obviously has to come in if fit so I'd drop Poulter and move Williams back to the wing with either Baker or West as the sub.

The Cats rested a few players so they’d be right off the short turnaround. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them keep a couple home instead of travelling interstate on a 5 day break.

Expecting them to make 5 or 6 changes next week.

Danger won’t play.

Dale or Williams as sub for me - only change is Richards in for Poulter. O’Donnell will just have to bide his time until Khamis has a lean run

I think JOD in would be handy to be honest, or at least another big body. Khamis got out muscled very easily in one on one contests vs the Eagles. Jones on Hawkins, JOD on Cameron. Leaves Khamis with Henry.

To win this game, the Midfield need to step it up and play a clean game to protect the defence. We need to not kick it to Stewart all game like we normally do when going forward. He probably faked passing his concussion test knowing he has us next week. Naughton needs to actually play like someone with 100 plus more games experience, and not let DeKoning own him/bump him out of contests so easily. Need to utilise our smaller and faster players in attack like we did well vs the Eagles. An aerial game will just suit the Cats more.

If Geelong are allowed to get some run through the middle easily. We will get smashed over the back.

Richards IN for Poulter. Not sure who we would bring JOD in for though.

I reckon Richards in for Poulter will be the only change we make this week.

Weightman was on the news talking about his elbow. Will be in a brace for most of the week. Obviously keen to play but I'm thinking we'll give him a game off to recover.

OUT: Weightman, Poulter, Duryea
IN: Richards, Garcia, O'Donnell

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weightman was on the news talking about his elbow. Will be in a brace for most of the week. Obviously keen to play but I'm thinking we'll give him a game off to recover.

I like these changes

As he played out the game he must be a fair chance to play, the brace maybe the best way to rest it and give him the best chance to play. Hope so discounting last season where they virtually gave up this is our best chance to beat them. Away from the cattery, 5 day break to our six and no Dangerfield gives us a chance. However, they normally find a way to beat us.

I think our best structure for this game would be to bring another KPD in and play Khamis as a third tall.

Tough to drop people.

Out: Poulter Duryea (unlucky)
In: JOD Richards

B: Khamis Jones Bramble
HB: Richards JOD JJ
C : Baker Bont Gallagher
HF: West Naughton VDM
F: Darcy JUH Weightman
R: English Libba Treloar
INT: Sanders Williams Macrae Daniel
Sub: Dale

Still think we have better options than VDM but can’t drop him after this weeks game. Dale was poor and deserves to drop to sub. Darcy wasn’t as good this week but back him in won’t hurt Lobb to push his case further.

There's none left. It's down to someone who can't go anymore
You can try on tixel; it’s a legit ticket resale site. Pretty good for cheap last minute tickets to gigs, and I managed an underpriced grand final ticket there for 2022.

There’s no tickets at the moment, but usually you can get good luck day of / day before as people pull out of attending and want some of their money back.

In: Richards, Garcia
Out: Poulter, Macrae, Baker (sub)

Love JOD but think it’s better to give him another week rather than bringing him in straight onto Cameron/Hawkins. Good opportunity for Buku to test himself on a quality, experienced tall forward

Can’t help but feel our depth just seems a lot better at the moment. Good to see some stability in the side, with many underneath pressing claims. Might be overly optimistic of me to say, but I really do think we are building something a lot nicer this season compared to years gone by.

Hard to read to much into the way the song was sung (agree it was lacklustre) but it was an expected win and in the bag with a long way to go in the game
When was the last time they actually sang it? They chant it - no they recite it - quickly, as flat and passionlessly as they can. Like a bunch of schoolboys reciting their 6 times tables. It has turned into one of the least listenable club songs in the AFL, including the train wreck club songs of the new expansion clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back