VFL Round 4 - Collingwood vs Northern Blues at Victoria Park (Pies lost 46-59)

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading some comments on players like "Blair clear bog" and "Daicos didn't have a massive game" etc, being contrary to how i first saw/viewed it I decided to go back through and player watch 4 players Schaz, Blair Aish and Daic jnr and stat tally some basic stats.
Had me asking, Did I understate Blairs game? over state the others? was not sure so I decided to re-watch it.

Anyway 1st quarter done and Scharenberg is clear BoG, Daicos jnr easily 2nd best pie both in impact and stats. Aish and Blair about on par with a few VFL boys at this stage.

1st quarter

Scharenberg
K - 10, H - 2, D - 12, M - 7, T - 0, CLNG 1, Sc Inv - 1, In50 - 1, G - 0, B - 0.

Daicos jnr
K - 7, H - 4, D - 11, M - 3, T - 0, CLNG 1, Sc Inv - 2, in50 - 1, G- 0, B - 1.

Aish
K - 2, H - 4, D - 6, M - 2, T - 0, CLNG - 0, Sc Inv - 1, in50 - 2. G - 0, B - 0.

Blair
K - 3, H - 2, D - 5, M - 1, T - 0, CLNG - 0, Sc Inv - 0, in50 - 0. G - 0, B - 0. (Almost 2 clangers but 2 frees saved him).

Will update as I get time to review the rest, but at this stage my initial thoughts are looking on the money all be it I think schaz deserves more credit.

26 hit outs for White playing 2nd ruck. Good effort.

fiJ5ivE.png

YuCmR70.png

After reading some comments on players like "Blair clear bog" and "Daicos didn't have a massive game" etc, being contrary to how i first saw/viewed it I decided to go back through and player watch 4 players Schaz, Blair Aish and Daic jnr and stat tally some basic stats.
Had me asking, Did I understate Blairs game? over state the others? was not sure so I decided to re-watch it.

Anyway 1st quarter done and Scharenberg is clear BoG, Daicos jnr easily 2nd best pie both in impact and stats. Aish and Blair about on par with a few VFL boys at this stage.

1st quarter

Scharenberg
K - 10, H - 2, D - 12, M - 7, T - 0, CLNG 1, Sc Inv - 1, In50 - 1, G - 0, B - 0.

Daicos jnr

Aish
K - 2, H - 4, D - 6, M - 2, T - 0, CLNG - 0, Sc Inv - 1, in50 - 2. G - 0, B - 0.

Blair
K - 3, H - 2, D - 5, M - 1, T - 0, CLNG - 0, Sc Inv - 0, in50 - 0. G - 0, B - 0. (Almost 2 clangers but 2 frees saved him).

Will update as I get time to review the rest, but at this stage my initial thoughts are looking on the money all be it I think schaz deserves more credit.
Seems you seen the game similar to me:

Daicos - ripper first quarter and got a fair bit of footy overall albeit he turned it over a few times. Today was the first time I've noticed how good his marking is.

Scharenberg - our best across the four quarters

Aish - worked into the game from the second quarter. A good game at half back and while under developed I think he possesses the necessary defensive abilities where in future he won't get exposed one on one.

Blair - played mid all game and was our best in the middle of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was him..........didn't have a record so wasn't sure.

Not young........plays for Northcote Park.

Wasn't actually even in the record. That happens sometimes. Annoying...

Has been for a while. It's only recently that the masses in general have started to really buy into our POV on things...

I meant it's more become obvious as the noticeable smell of decay now, when before it was there as more of a whiff in a 'I know that but I can't quite put my finger on what it is' way.

But, Scodog, as your name suggests, you're the resident bloodhound, so naturally you're ahead of the curve in this case...

Aish is a bit slow to be an ideal half back, but he reads the game well, can kick off either foot and would be in the top handfull of tacklers in our club... they stick.

I'd like him to watch some Robert Murphy tape and get a call up to play half-back at some point.

Those Scharenberg numbers surprise me in a good way. Really didn't think he was 34 possessions "good" today. Has to replace Ramsay next week surely
13 marks and 34 possessions should be harder to miss! :D

1st quarter

Scharenberg

Daicos jnr

Aish

Blair

Going on your 1st Q work and the official stats looks like Blair had a massive last 3 Q's. 27 posies and 2 goals after quarter time. Shaz looks to have had a great game also. They are the two that standout on the stats. Diaics must have slowed after quarter time with 10 posies and a goal in the last 3 Q.

Going on the stats looks like Shaz is ready for a crack in the AFL.

Shaz is definitely ready GC.

He looked super fit and strong. He's no longer huffing and puffing between plays and he was involved a lot more in close. Defended well too.

He looked full of confidence and the time is perfect for the call up.

He looked super fit and strong. He's no longer huffing and puffing between plays and he was involved a lot more in close. Defended well too.

Agreed, its the sort of game that demands a call up and is what we need to see at VFL levels from AFL listed players.

He can be a real weapon of half back and potentially over time allows us to use Howe as a more offensive player.

Going on your 1st Q work and the official stats looks like Blair had a massive last 3 Q's. 27 posies and 2 goals after quarter time. Shaz looks to have had a great game also. They are the two that standout on the stats. Diaics must have slowed after quarter time with 10 posies and a goal in the last 3 Q.

Going on the stats looks like Shaz is ready for a crack in the AFL.
Blair stood out on the stats, but he wasn't even close to clean while gathering the ball, and his continual awful usage going inside 50 was infuriating. I lost count of the times he kicked inside 50 under no pressure only to stuff up the kick and turn it over. I love his effort, his endeavor can't be questioned, but his skills are trash and seem to be getting worse.

Based on that game he is a lock to be picked by Buckley :drunk:

Thats great . I didn't see the game but your description is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Ramping up the stats, looking fitter and stronger and getting involved more in close. Should hopefully get his chance this wek.

Blair stood out on the stats, but he wasn't even close to clean while gathering the ball, and his continual awful usage going inside 50 was infuriating. I lost count of the times he kicked inside 50 under no pressure only to stuff up the kick and turn it over. I love his effort, his endeavor can't be questioned, but his skills are trash and seem to be getting worse.

Based on that game he is a lock to be picked by Buckley :drunk:
No worries, as I said I was only commenting on stats, didn't see the game so cant make a judgement. Sounds like Shaz is ready for a crack. Don't think Blair is likely as we have to put Wells in first so your fears may be unfounded.

No worries, as I said I was only commenting on stats, didn't see the game so cant make a judgement. Sounds like Shaz is ready for a crack. Don't think Blair is likely as we have to put Wells in first so your fears may be unfounded.
I think after Saturday's game wholesale changes are likely. Phillips, Broomhead, Ramsay, Cox and maybe even Fasolo will be under the pump. Wells is an obvious in, as is Berg based off his game (he was BOG imo). Schade likely to return after being rested. Varcoe straight back in if fit. With 4 changes the spots are filled, but if that 5th change happens, who comes in? My choice would be Daicos purely based on his class. He might have had 11 less touches than Blair, but he was clean, took 7 marks and kicked a goal. Based on selection over the past few years though, Blair gets back in despite his obvious limitations and lack of talent playing as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back