AFLW Round 4 Discussion - 2021 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Then you're simply disagreeing with facts.

Not really, so families were big on Sunday's. What about groups of friends that rock up in large groups of 20 or more. Grounds are packed with them week by week. And the article you've just shown me was published in 2019 things have changed since then. There are no facts here or that Clubs want free-to-air TV exposure. When commentators talk about AFL they talk about prime time, they mention Friday and Saturday nights. Why should the Women's game be any different? That being said this debate has been done to death.

Not really, so families were big on Sunday's. What about groups of friends that rock up in large groups of 20 or more. Grounds are packed with them week by week.
I looked for quotes from club officials saying they want Saturday games for the group-of-20-friends demographic. Couldn't find any.
And the article you've just shown me was published in 2019 things have changed since then.
Clearly they haven't, otherwise Collingwood v Melbourne would have been fixtured for Friday night.

I looked for quotes from club officials saying they want Saturday games for the group-of-20-friends demographic. Couldn't find any.

Clearly they haven't, otherwise Collingwood v Melbourne would have been fixtured for Friday night.

Like I said done to death.

And yet when the AFL asked the reigning premiers for their fixturing preference, what did Adelaide say...
"Sundays were popular with young families last year, so we are glad all our home games are Sunday afternoons so we can continue to nurture young families coming to watch the game and support our women."

Then you're simply disagreeing with facts.

Clubs want free-to-air TV exposure. Channel 7 doesn't want to air women's sport on Friday nights. And, since 14 teams were introduced, typical Sunday games have drawn crowds that have been on average 10% bigger than Saturday games. None of this is a matter of opinion.

Sunday also doesn’t clash with the opening round of the SANFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back