Preview Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 10 July 2020, 7.50pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Patton, Nash, Minchington

OUT: O’Brien (omitted), Lewis (injured), Scrimshaw (injured)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Sicily, Frost, Smith

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Scully

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Nash

F: Puopolo, Patton, Wingard

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Worpel, Ceglar, Minchington, Jones

If we persist with 2 rucks, please play McEvoy in the forward line. Gives us a consistent threat with his contested marking.

TOB has been alright this year, but I’d personally drop him. Just not dangerous enough unfortunately.

Lewis will be out with the hammy, so Patton to come in and replace him.

And hopefully the F50 can be something like this.

HF: Burgoyne, Patton, Gunston
F: Puopolo, McEvoy, Wingard

I don’t think this is necessarily the answer, but I think it’s the most ideal set up going forward. Knowing Clarko, he will err on the conservative side of things and there won’t be major changes

I'll probably be shot down here, but what about Tom Scully having a rest? 12 possessions against the Tigers, 10 touches against North and 11 tonight. Doesn't get enough footy or tackle hard enough.
I have been a big defender but he needs to do more problem is Hendo is playing just as poorly and we lack run at the moment. Can't really afford to drop them

Lewis definitely out injured. But I’m worried about Patton’s knee on that ground. The surface is like a huge layer of cotton wool that was getting shredded up by players daring to run on it.

Not sure we have any other option but to play him though. So fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some selection questions to be pondered. Patton will come in for Lewis, hopefully Scrimshaw and Shiels get up, but I'm not sure who is at the hub to come in if not.

I can picture perhaps two changes with neither of Puopolo nor O'Brien really mounting strong case for their continued selection. Unlike most here though, I thought TOB was serviceable last week, and so he may be given the green light for redemption. We just got humiliated by the Giants' defence, and the Pies' is the best there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back