Preview Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 10 July 2020, 7.50pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that it'll be Morrison who comes in to play a role that doesn't have a positional name, but is likened to what is most commonly known as 'disinterested half-time Auskicker' because he'll float around wherever the ball is, but not as a midfielder, not as a flanker, and not as a winger and never really do anything.

I can see a few changes coming through. Immediately post game (whilst being frustrated with the result of tonight) I'm in favour of:

Out: Scrimm, Lewis, Poppy, Hendo

In: Cj, Patton, Nash, Finn

Four changes is extreme and I can't see Clarko going for it but it'd be great to get some more youth/speed in there.

Won't happen but how many games like tonight does burgers have before he gets the tap.
Sorry but should also say he has earned the right for a couple of bad ones but how many?

I read other a thread someone say he has gold pass to play as long as he wants. This should be his last year. He won't get 400 games but that's life.

We already lack speed as it is. Dropping Henderson and Scully won’t do us any good. The biggest problem is the forward-line. Clarkson needs to find the right mix. At some point he has to give Walker, Ross and Morris some games.

You could honestly drop 6 players from tonight on form. But you can't.

5 day break, 2 certain changes, maybe 3 if we play conservative with Shiels. No point playing semi injured blokes off 5 days.

This season will be survival of the fittest.

Oh, and BB has to ruck v Grundy.

Changes:
Patton for Lewis
Morrison or CJ for Scrim
Cousins for Shiels.

TOB kissed on the D.

3 wins banked from 5 now needing 7 or 8 from 12 with 5 of those from the current top 8 and 7 outside. Next two are outside the 8. Obviously need 2 wins from every 3, not win one lose one. Not impossible

We’ve had the hardest draw by a mile since the restart. 4 of last years top 5 and North at marvel which isn’t easy. To come out 3-2 is a big win.

You could honestly drop 6 players from tonight on form. But you can't.

5 day break, 2 certain changes, maybe 3 if we play conservative with Shiels. No point playing semi injured blokes off 5 days.

This season will be survival of the fittest.

Oh, and BB has to ruck v Grundy.

Changes:
Patton for Lewis
Morrison or CJ for Scrim
Cousins for Shiels.

TOB kissed on the D.
Believe shiels will play , clarko said he was fine after the game .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Lewis, O’Brien, Ceglar, Henderson, Puopolo, Scrimshaw
In: Jeka, Koshitzke, Maginess, Morris, Jiath, Day

play the kids. Give them the remaining 10-11 games

I think Henderson is a good hard tackler actually, but he hasn't been at his best this year. Glass a decent shot if Clarko asks Andy Otten for a recommendation, but any changes likely to come from those who just missed the cut: Harry Morrison, James Cousins, Oliver Hanrahan, Jon Patton

I'd say that Patton and Morrison get the nod (if there's a backline opening).
Playing as a genuine HBF is a pretty bloody good option - especially with Skrillex's injury. But requires us to not play 3x KPD, so as to fit him in.

Morrison for Scrim (hopefully CJ but will probs be Harry)
Patton for Lewis
Finn for Shiels
In: Morrison

Should only be the case if we're tanking.

There's just no position on the field for which he's top 4 on our list.

Scully must be the worst tackler in the comp, even worst than Issy
F*** it mate - drop them both. Maybe even shoot one* - send a message to the other softies on the list.

*just in the leg - I'm not a psycho or anything...

The changes I foresee will likely only be injury forced and conservative although I would prefer us to not keep going back to the same old underwhelming players and try some others who just maybe will surprise.

Patton In / Lewis out. This one is a no brainer. Lewis has had a poor game and a half and I reckon would have lost out next game to Patton in any case despite the injury. Patton will at least demand physical attention from the oppo KPD. Lewis has been too tentative and pushed aside too easily

Morrison In / Scrim out. This is the change I see them making but would much prefer to see CJ off half back. Morrison has too many limitations and I think he will struggle to ultimately make it whereas CJ might still be raw but is exciting and has genuine pace. I would rather them take a punt on the future than tread water. Its a pity Scrim is injured because he has been superb and is definitely the future.

Cuz In / Shiels out. If Shiels doesn't get up I can see them turn to Cuz but again I would much prefer to see Finn. In my opinion Cuz will only ever be a good VFL standard player wheras Finn has the potential to be long term. Once again I would rather them take a punt on the future rather than tread water.

Nash or Minch in / Poppy out. Don't see the MC making other changes with the injuries forcing their hand but I would also want to see Poppy out and either Nash come in or Minch. Poppy just cant get near it anymore and it was a step backwards playing him against the Giants. We shouldn't be surprised at the output he gave because it has been similar for the past year or so. Ollie also doesn't offer enough so Nash or Minch should play.

The experiment of McEvoy back is fine and can work well but Ceglar just does nothing. We need McEvoys marking around the ground, severely missing it so far.

In: Patton, Morrison, Hanrahan and Nash/Minch.

Out: Lewis, Ceglar, Scrim and Poppy.

not exactly wholesale changes, two forced with injury and Ceglar/Poppy not worth playing anymore.

Don’t think we can keep playing Henderson and Scully in the same team
Me either. I’d drop Scully. Shortened games and rotations pretty much make him redundant. Moore is a far better option, has just as an elite tank and is more of a footballer who can lay a tackle. Scully's tackling/softness stands out like **** on a Bull.

Last edited:
F*** it mate - drop them both. Maybe even shoot one* - send a message to the other softies on the list.

*just in the leg - I'm not a psycho or anything...

Both Scully and Issie are vital for us, the outside run and defensive spread they cover is probably something others can’t do. The off cut from having these skinny outside flees is they get brushed aside, both in the contest and defensively when tackling. Scully, in particular has been treated like a school boy on multiple occasions.

Need Will Day to progress 👍

Is CJ ready yet?

We’ve had the hardest draw by a mile since the restart. 4 of last years top 5 and North at marvel which isn’t easy. To come out 3-2 is a big win.

agreed but 1/4 of the season in we need to adjust our top 8. 2 wins from every 3 games going forward isn’t that tough. 3 from 4 gets hard. This crunch is starting to pass through the league now. Eagles are on a knife edge if they don’t keep winning, given their aspirations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back