Game Day Round 6 - Flag unfurling in GF rematch: Geelong vs Sydney, 22 April, 7:25pm @ HOME (KP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still thinking late change and Simpson to get his first game for a long time…which is great given how long a road back it has been.

Also if Simpson is the team (I thought he would be sub) I reckon they might surprise with Knevitt as sub (Parf and Tanner not really suited)
Not sure Mitch gets the nod over Tanner or Brandon. But I'm backing your 'late out, Simpson in' call, at the very least.

I actually could see this game suiting SOS pretty well. And would be so good to see him back out there, after well over a year away from senior footy.

We'll need to play better than 1 or 2 qtrs to get the win and keep Papley/Heeney quiet.

Need the win to stay in touch with the 8.

Lets go GEELONG!!!
In their depleted forward line set-up, I see Heeney as just as much of a danger as Papley. Destroyed us with five goals in the Buddy game early last year. Must be closely checked at all times when he works his way inside 50.

He is my pick for late out. 😯
The Shining GIF

Guess we're gonna keep playing this game. Like big Johnny will today.

Crikey, 90 minutes extra to get home to Melbourne makes it a long night, especially if you still have to head out to the suburbs.o_O
Where in hell does the train go -via Bachus Marsh and Riddels Creek

These times quoted - Cliff Young could shuffle their and back quicker in his gumboots

Just wanted to quickly praise Atkins, who I think as been a little underrated recently given our mids performance.
He's currently 4th in the league for tackles and averages 7.4 a game :cool:
With Selwood gone he's in our most important players. Our forwards don't see it if not for him.

First home game + Flag unfurling will have the cats pumped
Swans will be smarting from the GF ass kicking, seeking revenge
Will be determined to ensure Cats don't get a blowout lead.
There will be a Cats quick scoring surge at some stage.
Worry is that it comes early and Cats start napping.
If the Swans regain momentum Cats may not wake up in time.

Tonight we find out how well the Cats are travelling
Do Cats have more that 1Q and can they run out the mach?
Can Ceglar cover for the loss of Stanley or is he a spud?
How valuable is Stengle to the team?
Will Scott have tweaked forwards strategy?
Who will play small defender on Papley?
Who is the Sub and how good is the Cats depth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players don’t get to see the flag unfurling… a bit weird!
A good thing. It's for the supporters.
The players have done enough celebrating.
Getting caught up in that could be very distracting

Just wanted to quickly praise Atkins, who I think as been a little underrated recently given our mids performance.
He's currently 4th in the league for tackles and averages 7.4 a game :cool:
Love posts like this, acknowledging underrated players. Thanks small 4wards

My seats are better than I thought. Tried to make a purchase at the cats shop. They’ll be lined up until half time in there.

I never go there on match day - maybe an AFLW match day, but definitely not an AFL match day unless super super early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back