Autopsy Round 9, 2019: Swans vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

He sure is. Just not quite there yet. Needs to work on his outside game however moreso at senior level he doesn’t totally commit himself to the contest yet when given the opportunity. Doesn’t throw himself at the footy quite yet. That is likely confidence as much as anything else and not at all a shot at him.
Spot on Masey.
Unpopular view but against the Pies, Jack comes in for sure in place of Jones because we lack experience & he won't shirk a contest.

Spot on King.
I wasn't actually going crook at you but encouraging the more positive version of how events unfolded last night considering how we all first felt when hearing of Kennedy being a late out for Clarke.
Turned out a treat actually when it could have been nasty for us all.

Glad You cleared that Up Ted. People will be disappointed and show different responses to their Teams fortunes. Are they any lesser a supporter ?

Spot on Masey.
Unpopular view but against the Pies, Jack comes in for sure in place of Jones because we lack experience & he won't shirk a contest.

Probably depends on Kennedy. If he and Buddy were to be available I would think it would be Jones and Rowbottom out for those two and Clarke gets retained to see if he can continue to offer a tagging role.

If they don’t come up I could potentially see Jack being selected if fit to play due to balance of experience against a superior football team (to North).

Probably depends on Kennedy. If he and Buddy were to be available I would think it would be Jones and Rowbottom out for those two and Clarke gets retained to see if he can continue to offer a tagging role.

If they don’t come up I could potentially see Jack being selected if fit to play due to balance of experience against a superior football team (to North).
I felt after listening to Horse, that JPK may miss a few, though that's how I heard it.

What was lloyd doing kicking a goal? random

Likely it was a Forward press (forward flood). Pushing all the players up to control the scramble kick under pressure that leaves our forward 50 (should we not score or create another stoppage) by pushing all your players into your forward half/inside 50. First time for some time I can recall us being able to control that area at times.

Likely it was a Forward press (forward flood). Pushing all the players up to control the scramble kick under pressure that leaves our forward 50 (should we not score or create another stoppage) by pushing all your players into your forward half/inside 50. First time for some time I can recall us being able to control that area at times.
Nah. It wasn't.
I was wondering if his direct opponent dragged him that far forward.

Spot on Masey.

I honestly think he does not get to enough contests, let alone win them. Of course you are right and the little champ will be selected. He will try his best but is most unlikely to be effective. Would be delighted to be wrong.

He sure is. Just not quite there yet. Needs to work on his outside game however moreso at senior level he doesn’t totally commit himself to the contest yet when given the opportunity. Doesn’t throw himself at the footy quite yet. That is likely confidence as much as anything else and not at all a shot at him.

Id say he was more committed to the contest to what i've seen quite a few times from heeney this season who has shirked a contest on more than one occasion. there were some moments against brisbane and again last night that he should be embarrassed about and i never thought i'd sat that about him as i've always seen him as brave. he needs to decide if he is going to be brave when the ball is on the ground to be one and not just when there is a hanger in the offing.

Anything in particular you want me to say ? Do you want me to say they are not tanking ? Do you want me to agree with all the apologists on this Board, You being one of them, that never allow anything negative to be said about the club without responding with pontificating judgemental tripe ? Because You will be waiting a while. Do me a favour just worry about how many likes you can give your apologist cronies rather than trying to be a smart **** because if we are going down that track you won't win.

Must be the apologists fault you claimed we were tanking based on conspiracy/made up/hate for the coach BS. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on Masey.

I Think horse may resist the urge to pick jack, and go for menzel and or buddy in this week

Why is Jake Lloyd kicking a goal so random? He’s kicked 28 goals in 124 games. That means he kicks a goal every four games or so. Not that weird.

was hardly Rod Carter like

I honestly think he does not get to enough contests, let alone win them. Of course you are right and the little champ will be selected. He will try his best but is most unlikely to be effective. Would be delighted to be wrong.

I am looking foward to the day when he can't be considered for the seniors because it will mean we have all our pieces of the team going forward in place. We still need him the champ & he will give his best until players like Rowbottom can nail their role & attack every contest as it should be.attacked, just how Kizza has all his career.
If he can't get to the contest is one thing but being there & holding back is a level below that in my opinion.
That's not Kizza but young Rowbottom was unsure at times but that's not a crime just yet as he is a baby.

I am looking foward to the day when he can't be considered for the seniors because it will mean we have all our pieces of the team going forward in place. We still need him the champ & he will give his best until players like Rowbottom can nail their role & attack every contest as it should be.attacked, just how Kizza has all his career.
If he can't get to the contest is one thing but being there & holding back is a level below that in my opinion.
That's not Kizza but young Rowbottom was unsure at times but that's not a crime just yet as he is a baby.

you are right re rowbottom

would you think saying to someone like that you have a month, wont drop you go for it is worthwhile or too close to gifting spots

Must be the apologists fault you claimed we were tanking based on conspiracy/made up/hate for the coach BS. :rolleyes:

Have to stick your head into everything don't you ? I have you all worked out now. You are one of those people that sit behind a keyboard itching for a fight where your cowardice for the fight in the real World is highlighted. Remember what I said about intelligence ? You are not worthy of dialect with me.

Have to stick your head into everything don't you ? I have you all worked out now. You are one of those people that sit behind a keyboard itching for a fight where your cowardice for the fight in the real World is highlighted. Remember what I said about intelligence ? You are not worthy of dialect with me.

I don’t agree in singling people out simply for sharing their opinions, even if it’s one that I don’t care for.

But it also wouldn’t hurt to acknowledge the club is clearly not tanking. That’s not exactly a lightweight accusation. Fair enough you felt it at the time but surely you can see that’s not the case after a very spirited performance?

you are right re rowbottom

would you think saying to someone like that you have a month, wont drop you go for it is worthwhile or too close to gifting spots

If it were me, keep in mind that I really know SFA, and I were the kid’s coach, I’d be saying... a spot as a midfielder in 2020 is there for the taking and you’re a clear front-runner for it. Spend the rest of 2019 mounting your best case possible. Show us what you can do. Smash it in the NEAFL all year, have a crack at the MVP (he was coming second before his senior recall if I remember correctly), then have a big pre-season. Basically let him know we rate him highly but we can’t play him, without knocking his confidence but also giving him a real goal to look towards so he doesn’t just fizzle out as 2019 goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back