Autopsy Round 9 = Fremantle 61-49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Great

2 weeks in a row of getting kicked in the head by 99% of West Australians and having to take their sh?t at my every turn.
We are playing embarrassing footy and have huge holes in our list but I still barrack for the best club in the land.

Take the equivalent of Howe, Pendlebury and De Goey out of any team and they’re gonna struggle.

What this game showsis that Sier is not the answer, despite so many calls for this man to get a game.

The Master vs Apprentice matchup is a real thing (Fagen v Clarko anyone?)

Having 9 players under 50 games in a side is a deathwish.

Be angry, be frustrated but put it into perspective. That was probably one if the worst teams we have fielded in the past 5 years.

This club is a shambles. I wouldn't be surprised if we drop at least 2 out of the next 3 games.

We were shithouse but that umpiring was something else. West Coast like.

we deserved to lose though. We are riddled with soft players.

On the umpiring, what was with all the shallow boundary throw ins? The boundary umpires looked like 12 year olds with arms like rotten cotten.

Nope, maybe he’s not that bad after all.

Cox and Cameron. Cameron the floating forward. Cox the deep forward.
Wrong. We beat Geelong without Cox.

Let's not pretend he's any good. He was utter s**t in the weeks leading up to his omission.

Last edited:
We are. They're no good.

Exactly, I said in the pre-game thread that the team has reached critical mass and today has shown we can’t carry too many inexperienced players at once. This isn’t the preseason where rolling the dice is of no consequence. More so when our “stars” or leaders or whatever you want to call them aren’t standing up and doing their job.

2020 is done for us I’m afraid, may as well tank for a higher draft pick as that’s all that can be salvaged out of this year. What a train wreck.

Take the equivalent of Howe, Pendlebury and De Goey out of any team and they’re gonna struggle.

What this game showsis that Sier is not the answer, despite so many calls for this man to get a game.

Be angry, be frustrated but put it into perspective. That was probably one if the worst teams we have fielded in the past 5 years.
Sorry but this is ******* bullshit. All of it. Freo had Hogan, Walters, Logue, Hamling, Hill and Tucker out. Our overpaid ruck and hack midfield got outplayed by Fyfe, Munday and kids.

There’s your perspective.

Best mate hires his best mate, who hires his best mate and his other best mate.

Maaaate.

No s**t.. then close their eyes and hope for the best.

Buckley had the job well before 98.. the big man no doubt whispered in his ear.. 'dont worry son.. you'll be coaching this great club one day'. On account of what exactly Ed? Sweet * all experience.

The problem with Bucks hiring his mates for assistants is that he can’t sack them. I actually do rate Bucks as a coach (don’t hate me please, I know emotion is high), but he is surrounded by donkeys and is too scared to sour a friendship and clear the decks. Our midfield tactics are just embarrassing, and our forward line is dysfunctional. Harvey and Sanderson just have to go.

On a positive note...... it’s a fake ******* season and we don’t have to pretend to care anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had 10 players under 50 games and were 17 on the ladder, how’s that for perspective

Same problems.

Grundy connectivity poor with mids.
Spot on, but how many times do we get first hands on, fire of a series of handballs and lose the clearance!!

Kicking for goal letting us down. Can't get clear enough in Q1, with today being really poor with errors. Forward line dysfunctional.
Agree, we shoudl have been a few up given dominance in Q1, inefficient goal kicking amplified when oppo kicks about 30 3 in two weeks.

Many similar passengers - Mayne, Phillips, WHE, Thomas, Varcoe.
Yep, you tire of seeing the same names in that column. Not too exciting when their short term replacements are a pair of Browns, Shaz, Wills et al.

How many handballs to bloke under pressure. Unbelievable.
It diabolical...and hust keeps happening ( at centre clearances too )

And yes, umpiring helped their cause.
Didnt get the rub tonight..

Thanks to Moore, Maynard, Noble and welcome back to Sidebottom.

Thought their pressure was superb, they beat us at our own game and converted.

Our midfield was overrated before we lost Pendlebury; without him it’s wrist-slashing material. Reef McInnes better be the second coming of Jesus because we get killed every week, Grundy or no Grundy.

Bucks is going to have to decide if he’s really the man for the job, because that tennis sh*t was embarrassing and our best option is to play the kids this season, so where does that leave us for 2021?
The problem is Bucks is never going to say he isn't the man for the job and who is going to sack him? Harvey is another one Carlton midfield were always down hill skiers, who was the coach pretty sure it was Harvey (correct me if I am wrong).

Mate, Eddie isn’t going anywhere - he will need to be dragged out kicking and screaming.

It requires someone to step in and overthrow the joint, unfortunately for us fans that usually happens when a club is genuinely shot to sh*t.

Well we not going to get any better anytime soon then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back