Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Since Riviat is being too lazy, I'm just going to do this:

philreich, please answer these four questions:
  1. Evening Phil, it has finally happened, the Brazilian qooty rookie GremioPower has gained a Rising Star nomination after being denied his rightful award for so long by some Iraqi imposter. How proud are you of Gremio?
  2. How did he come to find his way to the Swamprats and how do you think he's fitting in in the SweetFA overall?
  3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future?
  4. What other S29 Rookies have also grabbed your attention this season.
GremioPower please answer these questions:
  1. Welcome GremioPower and congratulations on a great all-round performance. How did you first hear of the Sweet F.A and what made you apply?
  2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How do you find the Rats?
  3. What are your aspirations and goals within the league?
  4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match and was there any special peptalk or product Philreich gave you prior to this game?
  5. It's 16 games into the season (as of writing), have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made (m)any enemies/rivals?
  6. and finally, how do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end?

1. Evening Phil, it has finally happened, the Brazilian qooty rookie GremioPower has gained a Rising Star nomination after being denied his rightful award for so long by some Iraqi imposter. How proud are you of Gremio?
  2. How did he come to find his way to the Swamprats and how do you think he's fitting in in the SweetFA overall?
  3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future?
  1. Welcome GremioPower and congratulations on a great all-round performance. How did you first hear of the Sweet F.A and what made you apply?
  4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match and was there any special peptalk or product Philreich gave you prior to this game?
  5. It's 16 games into the season (as of writing), have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made (m)any enemies/rivals?
  6. and finally, how do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end?

Normally you'd do this in a PM. 😏

But then how would I publicly shame you? ;)

Ohhhh, was that what you're trying to do. Your attempt to shame has failed and is noted and will be held against your score for rising star 👍

What do you want me to say - I can't wait to delist him LOL. No seriously, GP has been a breath of fresh air at the Underground, and he's been embraced by the whole squad - which is a problem at the moment, as we're supposed to remain 1.5 metres apart.
  2. How did he come to find his way to the Swamprats and how do you think he's fitting in in the SweetFA overall? Our beloved admin pointed him in the right direction, and after a few overtures from rival clubs, he chose us - and we're so glad he did.
  3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future? Forward pocket - he and @SarahSmiles have formed a deadly duo up forward. He won't be moving anywhere in the short term, but we'll see what happens next season.
Yourself of course, along with guys like @Santoz, @Tonga Bob and @Cap.

Ohhhh, was that what you're trying to do. Your attempt to shame has failed and is noted and will be held against your score for rising star 👍
Anyone who pays attention to the scoring system of this award knows that it's between Cap and Tonga Bob. I don't think I'll even be top 5!

I would have thought a 50% reduction is appropriate Cde Riviat.

It occurs to me young ST could restore at least some of his credits if he washed down the Wall of Rookie Shame.

I don't think that will ever be clean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 878111

The round nomination that never was and has been a cause of contention amongst this season's bunch of rookies.

We found out through a dodgy media puff piece that Santoz was a rookie all the way back in Season 7. We had to duly strip him of his Rising Star nomination for this round but what should we do with it? We could leave it blank and forget it ever existed or we could look at the next best rookie and give it to them.

Leaving it blank would not be a good look for the Sweet FA so we decided to give it to someone. Rather than mess around with the usual pomp and glamour of an interview, we thought a good ol' fashioned hand over would do the trick.

GremioPower, the international rookie is our new Round 11 nominee! Congratulations for your 4 goal effort as Forwards are always overlooked when it comes to these awards.

We normally do an interview but we already did one for Round 11 and I cbfed doing another.

Congrats Gremio!
View attachment 878121

Forza Gremio!

Welcome to the club, ‘the international rookie’.

Adjustments.JPG

Seriously Riv, what the bloody hell? Literally 62.5% of my name is another country. Sort it out mate!

round-11-gif.878111

The round nomination that never was and has been a cause of contention amongst this season's bunch of rookies.

We found out through a dodgy media puff piece that @Santoz was a rookie all the way back in Season 7. We had to duly strip him of his Rising Star nomination for this round but what should we do with it? We could leave it blank and forget it ever existed or we could look at the next best rookie and give it to them.

Leaving it blank would not be a good look for the Sweet FA so we decided to give it to someone. Rather than mess around with the usual pomp and glamour of an interview, we thought a good ol' fashioned hand over would do the trick.

@GremioPower, the international rookie is our new Round 11 nominee! Congratulations for your 4 goal effort as Forwards are always overlooked when it comes to these awards.

Since @Riviat is being too lazy, I'm just going to do this:

philreich

What do you want me to say - I can't wait to delist him LOL. No seriously, GP has been a breath of fresh air at the Underground, and he's been embraced by the whole squad - which is a problem at the moment, as we're supposed to remain 1.5 metres apart.

Our beloved admin pointed him in the right direction, and after a few overtures from rival clubs, he chose us - and we're so glad he did.

Forward pocket - he and SarahSmiles have formed a deadly duo up forward. He won't be moving anywhere in the short term, but we'll see what happens next season.

Yourself of course, along with guys like Santoz, Tonga Bob and Cap.

GremioPower

Ant Bear knows me from the Port board and has been trying to drag me here for a while. I don't like fantasy games because my ability for prioritizing is bad. I get in, and then I cannot stop. I am married, I have kids, I have jobs... I cannot afford such a luxury. So, since I didn't know what SFA was, I kept saying no. Finally, Ant Bear explained to me what qooty was in a way that I could understand. Without footy, I decided to give it a go.

Yes, I am enjoying it. It is a parallel universe I never thought it could exist. It is a footy Neverland! It is full of grown-up kids like me. I was immediately at home.

Ant Bear suggested the team. philreich is also a fellow Port barracker, and we share a taste for bad... I mean, for dad jokes. They thought it would be easier for me to blend in as a Rat. I have no regrets in have taken their council.

To have fun, learn new jokes, exercise my English, practice my storytelling skills, improve my imagination, and make some new friends. If I ever have the opportunity to visit Australia, I hope that I may be obliged to meet you all personally.

I write a small article before every game called "The Gaucho Journal," in which I review my previous game and preview the next one. I post it in the match threads. People were enjoying it, so I have also created a thread specially for it:

This nomination came after my second game. In my first game, I had played on defense. It was a disaster. philreich, out of nowhere, decided to move me forward. "It's a feeling that I have," he said at the time. I was unstoppable, and the rest is history.

Rioli8217 has certainly caught my eye! Seriously though, as I have mentioned, my debut was on R10. I have played 7 games so far. So, I haven't had much opportunity to get acquainted with many people around here.

Still, the Underground Handball challenge has created a group of friends I never expected to happen. It has really established a bond among S29 rookies, to the point that we share the same avatar week in, week out.

On the rivalry stuff, if I have a rival, he would need to announce himself. I may have thrown some punches, but those were good sport. I don't think I have made any foe.

I am expecting to win it retroactively after S36.

Congrats Gremio!
round-11_award-gif.878121

Last edited:
Congratulations GremioPower! Very very well deserved mate! And a late congratulations to Rich the babe Evans, somehow missed your nom but just read over your interview and absolutely loved it!

Forza Gremio!

Welcome to the club, ‘the international rookie’.

View attachment 878291

Seriously Riv, what the bloody hell? Literally 62.5% of my name is another country. Sort it out mate!

Pffft, you're about as international as someone from Kiwi-land to me. Move a few more thousand ks away and you'll earn that international tag.

We have setup this special complaints handling box regarding rising star so please submit your feedback in it. Good day, sir.

SingleDeadlyAxisdeer-max-1mb.gif

Pffft, you're about as international as someone from Kiwi-land to me. Move a few more thousand ks away and you'll earn that international tag.

We have setup this special complaints handling box regarding rising star so please submit your feedback in it. Good day, sir.

View attachment 878336

International tag you say?

1589927170872.jpeg

Round 16
ROUND 16.gif
A common recurring theme in these is that there's always poor rookies that come close to winning but never get there. With 1 round and 1 Rising Star nomination to go and countless rookies left, it's up to the individual to pull out all the stops. Gut running and gut posting, or even just jutting gut are the order of the day if you want to be counted in the pantheons for the greats.

This non-international rookie had a decent day out in the guts against the Royals and helped his team to an impressive 45 point flogging. They wont make the finals but they're having a good crack at it in preparation for next season.

This week's nominee had a cool as ice 25 possessions, 7 marks and a goal and had a respectable number of posts. TalkingFootyNow1223 looks like he will be with us for the long run so congratulations on being the second-to-last Round 16 Rising Star nominee!

Baz and TFN sat down for a good chinwag over the season so far.

Baz

1. It just seems like yesterday that we were here Baz. Your plan to get another one of your rookies a Rising Star nom has succeeded. How proud are you of TFN after his rocky start to his Sweet F.A career?

I've very happy happy with what TFN has brought to the Gumbies and Sweet FA. Some people get the place immediately while others take time to find their place in the league. TFN has been on a journey throughout his first season and seems to have settled in really nicely now. I look forward to seeing how he evolves with the Gumbies.

2. How do you think TFN has fit in with the Gumbies, both on and off the field?

Tying into my comments above, TFN came out all guns blazing with 28 disposals and 82 posts in Round 1, went through the delisting saga and went quiet for a while. Over the past two weeks he's averaging 21.5 disposals, 5.5 marks and 24.5 posts in match threads. He's still finding his way a bit but I think he's carving out a nice spot for himself in the team.

3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a permanent move in the future?

TFN has bounced around a bit this season starting in the centre, spending time on flanks as well as stints at full back and full foward. He earned his nomination at centre this week and will make way for bone2468 or BlueE this week but we'll look to settle the side next season and a midfield spot beckons for TFN with consistent contributions.

4. You have two quality rookies with noms now, how do they stack up against the competition when it comes to the Rising Star award?

I think they stack up pretty well. TFN has bounced around a bit but he's averaged 47 DT points playing most of the season in defence or on a half forward flank and averaged 14 posts per week since Round 3, which is a solid return for a first year player. GWS Goose has cracked 1,000 DT points and averaged 51 posts per week and should feature strongly at the pointy end.

TFN

1. Welcome TFN and congratulations on achieving a Rising Star nomination after a rocky start to your career. How did you first hear of the SweetFA?
Thank you Riviat, a rocky start? I suppose you could say that, i definitely stepped on a few well established toes to say the least. I stumbled upon this fine community after receiving a random pm from Ding after a couple of nudes he mentioned the SweetFA. The rest is history.

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How do you find the Gumbies?
Absolutely! There is always something new happening from a top notch media thread to WW19 trying to take down the SFA. There is always something to keep you entertained. I find the Gumbies very... Rubbery. But the best group of people to play with.

Win medals, become a champion, make a massive name for myself then develop a career ending drug, alcohol and gambling addiction.

4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match?
Carton of red tins, a couple of lines and at least 4 tubs of deep heat.

So many posters have caught my eye, a lot of diversity and quality but almost to many to mention but here are some of my favourites:
Baz
Filthy
Manag
ND
TIF
Ned
Beez
Taylor
ABV
And yours truly Riviat

TIF is a media god!

6. How do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end and who is your main competition for the title?
If i can knock off the 15 noms before me i think i could win it.. a defult win is still a win

Editor's note: I approve of the above approach!

Round 16_Award.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back