Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hinkley gameplan is simple. Daddy Donuts employs a strategy of Munchausen's-by-Proxy. He has his players thinking they are ok, but that they'd be shit without his coaching. Losing means he can dump on the players, then give them a hug. When they turn it around, it's Kenny the Supercoach, the one they can't do without. He has an ally in all this. The gormless narcissist David Koch not only encourages him, but gaslights the supporter base. We are so lucky we have Ken, he tells us once a week at least. Port will never win anything until it rids itself of these malignancies.

Hinkley tried talking us up and aiming for a GF a couple of years ago and fell flat on his arse.

He hasn't yet worked out yet that there are some steps you need to achieve between just saying s**t and hoping it comes true.

At the end of that season, he was criticised for saying that and falling short of the mark. His takeaway lesson was to not say that again. Like his thought process was 'they are upset that I said that we'd succeed', not 'they are upset that we failed'.

The removal of any kind of accountability for this lame duck will go down as the pivotal moment in time that we lost the club that we grew up supporting.

We're a feeder club that provides a game a fortnight in a traditional market so we only require a medicore coach who doesn't rock the boat, doesn't call out the umpires, doesn't get on the blower to AFL house, doesn't apply a win-at-all-costs philosophy at the club, and is no risk of upsetting the inbuilt Victorian Hegemony.

He's Neil Craig with slightly more teeth.

Hinkley tried talking us up and aiming for a GF a couple of years ago and fell flat on his arse.

He hasn't yet worked out yet that there are some steps you need to achieve between just saying s**t and hoping it comes true.

The thing is, it did work to an extent, it was the closest under Ken we've gotten to a GF.

The only other indicator that we know what might drive the club is having Ken in the last year of his contract and under a heap of pressure.

But of course the club messes that up.

The whole coaching department needs to be cleared. Chad Cornes, Tyson Goldsack and Matthew Lobbe currently oversee three divisions of our team. Let that sink in and compare it to the other sides.
Yep, Chad & Lobbe had one stand out year. Wasn't impressed with what Goldsack did with the Magpies but if you tow the line you get rewarded. Hartlett was a consistent underachiever who didn't want to get fit enough to run through the midfield. Don't want him anywhere near our playing groups.

Our coaching staff must be near bottom of the league surely.

Watching clubs rock up to Adelaide Oval and slot goals from 50m out on the boundary while we miss from 35m out right in front pisses me off.

And then Hinkley claims that time in forward half is more important than goals, yet the ease other clubs have from kickins to go end to end. Yeah don’t worry about locking them in and trying to force turnovers inside our 50, just leave massive space for them to run through out wide.

Not according to info at the Agm. However, I struggle to believe a word that comes out of the club these days. Koch has turned us into a spin club.
Koch is a self-proclaimed bullshit artist so when he says things like "I've looked at the data and Ken's the best person to lead us to ultimate success" you know that:

a. he hasn't looked at the data, and

b. ultimate success doesn't mean a premiership but instead anything that lets him sustain his ego trip for as long as possible without confronting Hinkley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our coaching staff must be near bottom of the league surely.

Watching clubs rock up to Adelaide Oval and slot goals from 50m out on the boundary while we miss from 35m out right in front pisses me off.

And then Hinkley claims that time in forward half is more important than goals, yet the ease other clubs have from kickins to go end to end. Yeah don’t worry about locking them in and trying to force turnovers inside our 50, just leave massive space for them to run through out wide.
No they're not.

We have or have had:

H. Hartlett - loser
T. Henschel - loser
P. Stewart - loser
M. Lobbe - loser
K. Hinkley - loser
C. Sutcliffe - loser

Cant imagine why we breed losers - alot of these guys are in key development roles. Plethora of other losers been and gone too.

Kane Cornes blames Port's defence (Ratugolea, Farrell, Jones) for last night's loss, in which they scored 13.11.

Hmm, who is Port's forwards coach again?

Why is he so excited... winning the stats but failling to convert has been the same for 10 years straight.

We have or have had:

H. Hartlett - loser
T. Henschel - loser
P. Stewart - loser
M. Lobbe - loser
K. Hinkley - loser
C. Sutcliffe - loser

Cant imagine why we breed losers - alot of these guys are in key development roles. Plethora of other losers been and gone too.

I'll have you know that our highly rated loser factory is the best in the league.

I can't stress enough what a fraud this guy is. I don't get how he's untouchable yet every poor repetitive result, contradictory comment, blatant lie gets ignored or glossed over under the guise of 'father figure Ken' or 'Kenny' guffaw guffaw. Yes. I don't like him. The Port I knew would've tossed this loser years ago.
Bob McLean would not have let him take tickets at the gate let alone be a coach.

We have or have had:

H. Hartlett - loser
T. Henschel - loser
P. Stewart - loser
M. Lobbe - loser
K. Hinkley - loser
C. Sutcliffe - loser

to add to this...people who had success tend to leave their posts at Port. If there was every a canary in the coal mine.

Chad Cornes doesn't count because he's never gonna get a job anywhere else.

If we had a very good coach, we could possibly be looking at a Dynasty such is the talent we have.

The new coach would come in and cut away some of the fat and rebuild the structure and implement a simple game plan.
Adam Kingsley was the one. Served a fantastic coaching apprenticeship at multiple clubs over 15 years. He was ripe for the picking. And we ****ed it. Because we stuck with the fraud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back