Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

"I have been involved in footy a long time, and my history tells me I'll continue to be involved in footy for a long time."
That said, if my mate Kochie leaves the club, I may not be here much longer. I owe much of my longevity to Kochie.

"We're a really good team, but if you're going to beat the really good teams, you need some luck but you also need to make the most of your moments when they come."

Execution of key moments the takeaway for Ken Hinkley 🍩

Unbelievable the board has done this to us beyond a decade

View attachment 1944697
Every time Ken speaks

I'm beginning to think that you don't like Ken Hinkley - would I be correct in that assessment? :)
I can't stress enough what a fraud this guy is. I don't get how he's untouchable yet every poor repetitive result, contradictory comment, blatant lie gets ignored or glossed over under the guise of 'father figure Ken' or 'Kenny' guffaw guffaw. Yes. I don't like him. The Port I knew would've tossed this loser years ago.

I can't stress enough what a fraud this guy is. I don't get how he's untouchable yet every poor repetitive result, contradictory comment, blatant lie gets ignored or glossed over under the guise of 'father figure Ken' or 'Kenny' guffaw guffaw. Yes. I don't like him. The Port I knew would've tossed this loser years ago.
Hey - you're preaching to the converted here. The club is screaming out for a new coach, but the idiots in charge aren't listening.

The real concerning thing here though is that after what is it now 12 years ?? .. The gameplan has not changed whatsoever. Every game I can remember at home in big primetime slots against decent opposition we seem to get almost all areas of the game right in terms of inside 50 entries and time with the ball but time and time again the better sides expose us defensively when we don't have the ball, on transition and cut through us like butter. Honestly there's been no shift at all? This will once again see us beat the s**t sides and mediocre crap (like us) but will never bring us success against decent top 6 sides.

The guys a loser and the administration are just taking the piss now.
It doesn't matter what you put around him, we see the same result, he stinks like a rotten donut.

Last edited:
Any sign of kochie last night? Thought he lived in SA now
Saw his bald scone as my son and I walked down the aisle in the western stand straight after the final siren.
The corporate box with all the heavies in it were sitting bemused in their seats thinking "What happen, Ken. We believe in youse but youse gone and let us down again".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We're a really good team, but if you're going to beat the really good teams, you need some luck but you also need to make the most of your moments when they come."

Execution of key moments the takeaway for Ken Hinkley 🍩

Unbelievable the board has done this to us beyond a decade

View attachment 1944697
Has been for a decade+ now.

The whole coaching department needs to be cleared. Chad Cornes, Tyson Goldsack and Matthew Lobbe currently oversee three divisions of our team. Let that sink in and compare it to the other sides.

It's bizarre how supporters from other teams line up to defend Kenny. Like, why? Even if I thought it was unfair, why would I defend another clubs coach? Never interrupt your enemy while they're making a mistake.

It's astonishing how these idiots have swallowed the media lives so wholeheartedly, that despite not knowing the first thing about our players, it's poor Kenny saddled with a list of plodders for a dozen years and hasn't he done amazing to make them competitive.

The real concerning thing here though is that after what is it now 12 years ?? .. The gameplan has not changed whatsoever. Every game I can remember at home in big primetime slots against decent opposition we seem to get almost all areas of the game right in terms of inside 50 entries and time with the ball but time and time again the better sides expose us defensively when we don't have the ball, on transition and cut through us like butter. Honestly there's been no shift at all? This will once again see us beat the s**t sides and mediocre crap (like us) but will never bring us success against decent top 6 sides.

The guys a loser and the administration are just taking the piss now.
It doesn't matter what you put around him, we see the same result, he stinks like a rotten donut.

I genuinely have zero faith that David Koch, Matthew Richardson and the board are actually capable of recognising the entrenched performance patterns and shortcomings that you’ve outlined so perfectly.

Like I genuinely think they walk away from last night and don’t have the football nous or IQ to realise they’ve been watching that same performance for 10 years.

That’s what we’re up against here.

Or even worse, they are capable of recognising it and don’t think it’s an issue.

Horse Longmire. Now there’s a coach. Encouraging his young chargers to think they can take on the world and win it all.

Now compare that to the negative, loser mindset being fed into our blokes by Port’s handbrake of a coach.
Hinkley tried talking us up and aiming for a GF a couple of years ago and fell flat on his arse.

He hasn't yet worked out yet that there are some steps you need to achieve between just saying s**t and hoping it comes true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back