Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

How's the Melbourne media all working to the common goal of moving Bevo on one way or another, whether it's his time to call it himself or a sacking it looks inevitable.

Meanwhile back the ranch.

I don't think Chris Scott would want his stink of career failure near his group
Was gonna say, would they even want the loser?

End of the day...there's a reason why he was passed over for Chris Scott in 2011, despite the Cats players fawning over him then and since.

We just couldn't see it because we were (rightfully) high on that 2013 sugar hit and the shiny new toy of Adelaide Oval circa 2014.

How's the Melbourne media all working to the common goal of moving Bevo on one way or another, whether it's his time to call it himself or a sacking it looks inevitable.

Just listening to the annoying voice of Whateley now…. It’s unreal the orchestrated pile on re Bevo - Ken must have a shitload of videos of everyone.

If he was at any other club and had no association with Kane he’d be on him every 5mins…

Man, the day he leaves social media will erupt.

Was gonna say, would they even want the loser?

End of the day...there's a reason why he was passed over for Chris Scott in 2011, despite the Cats players fawning over him then and since.

We just couldn't see it because we were (rightfully) high on that 2013 sugar hit and the shiny new toy of Adelaide Oval circa 2014.
I can imagine the reaction from Tom Hawkins when Ken tells him, "I want you to lead into the pockets, and furthermore, I don't want you to actually take the mark - rather I want you to bring the ball to ground, which allows the crumbers to pick up the scraps and kick the goal."

I can imagine the reaction from Tom Hawkins when Ken tells him, "I want you to lead into the pockets, and furthermore, I don't want you to actually take the mark - rather I want you to bring the ball to ground, which allows the crumbers to pick up the scraps and kick the goal."
"Or even better, get it out of bounds for a throw-in so we can reset. It worked a treat for us in 2018, were were 11-4!"

Nah, it’s easy.

“We went into this season with high hopes, but unfortunately our performances in marquee fixtures have been nowhere near the level required, and we think it’s in the best interests of the club to make a change now. We thank Ken for his years of hard work and wish him all the best in the future”.

Not hard at all.
So then the media (maybe) ask "well you haven't performed well in marquee fixtures in previous years. In fact you went out of finals in straight sets last year and have been belted in finals where you were favourites to win at home, yet you decided to renew Ken's contract for a further 2 years. What's changed?"

So then the media (maybe) ask "well you haven't performed well in marquee fixtures in previous years. In fact you went out of finals in straight sets last year and have been belted in finals where you were favourites to win at home, yet you decided to renew Ken's contract for a further 2 years. What's changed?"
Good. So then not only do we get rid of Ken, but the media appetite for another scalp as as scapegoat will hopefully mean that one of Koch/Richardson/CD has to fall on their sword for the ridiculous decision to extend Ken in August pre-finals.

This gets better and better.

I'd be surprised if they sacked Ken without 'new evidence' before his contract is up. It's kind of like Double Jeopardy. They already tried Ken on all of the existing evidence last year. The failures in finals. The big game performances. Playing injured players. Our forward conversion. Remember? Kosch is a data man and apparently.he and the board had all the data they needed. Unless something goes to a new level over the course of the next two years, like we don't make finals or win the spoon or something, sacking him would be admitting they made a mistake in extending his contract.

I can see them masking it in some.sort.of 'succession plan' or retirement.

Ken has an 8-5 record over Bevo and something like a 60% overall winning record vs 56%. On "wasting a generational midfield" Ken is behind but rapidly catching up. Any other key stats though, like, um flags, GFs, PF wins... hmmm.

AFL media clearing out Bevo to make room for Ken confirmed. And he likes dogs.

.... Kosch is a data man and apparently.he and the board had all the data they needed. ....
Koch has all the data he needs but his decision to extend Hinkley's contract shows that he has no idea how to interpret that data to extract information.

"Data is an individual unit that contains raw materials which do not carry any specific meaning. Information is a group of data that collectively carries a logical meaning"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised if they sacked Ken without 'new evidence' before his contract is up. It's kind of like Double Jeopardy. They already tried Ken on all of the existing evidence last year. The failures in finals. The big game performances. Playing injured players. Our forward conversion. Remember? Kosch is a data man and apparently.he and the board had all the data they needed. Unless something goes to a new level over the course of the next two years, like we don't make finals or win the spoon or something, sacking him would be admitting they made a mistake in extending his contract.

I can see them masking it in some.sort.of 'succession plan' or retirement.

That so-called "process" would be best characterised as a mistrial, therefore double jeopardy does not attach.

Can see him ekeing out a further 2-3 years back at Geelong in a role similar to Choco at Melbourne.
I can just imagine Andrew Mackie is his role at Geelong looking through Assistant Coach applications, and then letting out a big guffaw as he bins Ken's application without even reading it.

I can just imagine Andrew Mackie is his role at Geelong looking through Assistant Coach applications, and then letting out a big guffaw as he bins Ken's application without even reading it.

All those 07/09 Cats guys rave about him.

He’s a hype man and fluffer, not a tactician. It’d be the perfect role for him.

All those 07/09 Cats guys rave about him.

He’s a hype man and fluffer, not a tactician. It’d be the perfect role for him.

The tactical stuff is overrated. There's a whole panel of coaches who collectively work on strategy and tactics. Hinkley is literally disconnected from the coaching box these days.

The key role of the senior coach is man management and nurturing a high performance mindset. Hinkley's whole mantra is man management by making everyone feel good about themselves - hence why he worked wonders for us early days when we needed a lift and has overall managed a team that is generally competitive every year. But he's got no idea about how to prepare a team for truly high performance in big moments. In fact, he projects his own negativity and self doubt onto the team in these moments and the team performs accordingly.

Back in the days when they used to give us a few merchandise trinkets with our membership packs (remember the pens!) one year I got a Port Adelaide clock. It's a nice little clock, but it sometimes stops for no good reason - it's not because the battery has gone flat, because I give it a bashing and it runs good as gold for another few weeks, until it happens again. It's the archetypal Port Power clock.

Another goody I got was a pair of Port Adelaide binoculars. I sometimes use them to see when things might change...

#sackhinkley

Back in the days when they used to give us a few merchandise trinkets with our membership packs (remember the pens!) one year I got a Port Adelaide clock. It's a nice little clock, but it sometimes stops for no good reason - it's not because the battery has gone flat, because I give it a bashing and it runs good as gold for another few weeks, until it happens again. It's the archetypal Port Power clock.

Another goody I got was a pair of Port Adelaide binoculars. I sometimes use them to see when things might change...

#sackhinkley
I remember that clock. I donated mine to Vinnies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back