Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight was the ultimate microcosm.

• The ceiling the assembled talent is capable of (usually with little to no expectation of winning),

• The floor of what the assembled talent is capable of (with expectation of winning),

• Hinkley carrying on like he’s just won a Champions League semi final on penalties when his team actually gets its sh¡t together for just long enough — instead of showing any sort of maturity in an attempt to set a new standard.

The circus continues.
The fact that we can kick the biggest first quarter score against Geelong at Kardinia Park in decades shows that there is no lack of talent on our list as the Hinkley defenders would have you believe. The fact that we can kick 5 goals in an entire game against the lowly Camry Crows at our home ground and follow it up with an eight goal quarter at the "toughest road trip in footy" shows that our main problem is mental and the result of having a loser as a coach.

Last edited:
The whole fake act on the sidelines the whole game was so incredibly jarring. Almost his entire time here, he has sat in the box or on the bench gormless playing with his puffer jacket and standing around like a hobo.

But not this time. Someone must have told him off for looking disinterested so he adjusts for the cameras. What a little weasel. What we saw tonight is so far from the real man - except for the part where he windmilled after the siren after almost giving up an absolutely massive lead. Not a genuine bone in this sack of s**t. Absolutely no chance he doesnt revert to type and drops the act.

Bonus points for heading straight over to give the Geelong players a wristy before proudly announcing we should be more like Geelong. (Yes the most historically successful club should be more like Geelong). He cant resist the urge to lick their buttholes because he is one of them and always will be.

What an embarassing night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rewind 12 months. Exact same scenario. Get flogged in the showdown. Next week spirited performance and victory, Hinkley embarrassingly look at me showboating, wah wah wah. Incoming inevitable swift exit. We have so much talent. We don't even need a great coach. Just an average one would be a huge improvement on this massive dud.

Last edited:
Dissapointed that none of yous have made this piece of art into a pfp yet!
Ken Hinkley was up and about.

Maybe he'll wear his Fitzroy gear once he's finished with us instead of his Geelong gear just to be extra absurd.

Dissapointed that none of yous have made this piece of art into a pfp yet!
Ken Hinkley was up and about.

Maybe he'll wear his Fitzroy gear once he's finished with us instead of his Geelong gear just to be extra absurd.
Hell be like Rucci and wear whatever he gets for free or from the OP shop.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That weird phenomenon where a win is actually a loss.

(on a serious note, credit to you blokes for a great win)

We're unfortunately well past the point where individual wins and losses matter. We can't win the flag with this coach, so a stirring win is frustrating because
a) we're so mentally unpredictable
b) that win takes the pressure that came after the showdown right off

Hinkley has had this way of just doing enough to get the pressure off of himself.

Ken's an idiot and a loser.
How cringey of him to behave like a yobbo (or rather pull on his dick) towards the opposition supporters when we have been a bunch of bunnies at Geelong for all of his time as coach.
After the match I hated hearing our players mimic his loser dialogue like "we expect teams to come back at us".
I hated hearing the yobbo himself state that "we like to be like Geelong" which over the years he's said Richmond, Sydney, etc ...

The bloke really soured a great win for me last night, the stupid "we are the champions" celebrations in a home and away game, the running over to sympathize with all his Geelong hero's, the "aw shucks BT we just really wanna be like Geelong if we possibly one day could?" Interview.

The guy has never embraced Port Adelaide, in fact I'm pretty sure he loathes it, our history, our success, our past legends.......it all adds up pretty well for mine.

If I was a board member I'd be pretty upset after hearing that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back