Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of those wins were at Kardinia Park, where most sides struggle to win?

I'd understand this whole 'it doesn't mean anything' schtick that you lot are trotting out if every other side that plays at Kardinia had a better than 50% win loss record at the ground and the whole issue of beating Geelong on their home deck was just a Port thing. Then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Since 2007:

Port Adelaide played and defeated Geelong at Kardinia in 2007 and made the GF against Geelong.

Hawthorn played and lost to Geelong at the MCG in 2008. They played Geelong in the GF.

St Kilda played and defeated Geelong in 2009 at Etihad. They played Geelong in the GF.

Collingwood played and lost to Geelong at the MCG in their premiership year (2010). St Kilda won against Geelong at the MCG and made the GF.

Collingwood lost to Geelong at the MCG twice in 2011. Geelong went on to win the GF against them by 38 points.

Sydney played, but didn't beat Geelong at Kardinia in their premiership year (2012). Hawthorn played Geelong twice and lost both games at the MCG.

Hawthorn played Geelong twice at the MCG and didn't win either game, but won the PF, in their premiership year (2013). Fremantle played and lost to Geelong at Kardinia but made the GF.

Hawthorn played Geelong twice and won once in the regular season in their premiership year (2014). Sydney only played Geelong at the SCG and won by 110 points but lost the GF to Hawthorn by 63 points.

Hawthorn beat Geelong twice in their threepeat year (2015). West Coast won against Geelong at Subiaco but ended up losing the GF by 46 points to Hawthorn.

The Western Bulldogs played, but didn't beat Geelong at Kardinia in their premiership year (2016). Sydney played and beat Geelong at Kardinia and made the GF.

Richmond played, but didn't beat Geelong at Kardinia in their first AFL premiership year (2017). Adelaide played, but didn't beat Geelong at Kardinia.

West Coast only played Geelong at Optus Stadium and beat them by 15 points in their premiership year (2018). Collingwood lost to Geelong at the MCG.

Richmond played Geelong at the MCG and lost by 67 points in their second AFL premiership year (2019). GWS played and beat Geelong at Kardinia and made the GF.

Richmond played Geelong at Metricon and won by 26 points in their third AFL premiership year (2020). They won the GF against Geelong.

Melbourne played and beat Geelong at Kardinia in their premiership year (2021). The Western Bulldogs played, but didn't beat Geelong at Kardinia.

Sydney only played Geelong at the SCG in the regular season and won by 30 points in Geelong's premiership year (2022). They ended up losing the GF to Geelong by 81 points.

Collingwood beat Geelong twice at the MCG in their premiership year (2023). They never play Geelong at Kardinia.

So in 18 years, 4 of the 30 grand finalists that weren't Geelong have managed to win against Geelong at Kardinia Park, and only 1 of the 30 grand finalist has won against Geelong at Kardinia and won the flag (Melbourne 2021). However, only 10 of the 30 Grand Finalists have actually played Geelong at Kardinia.

785BD7E4-5529-4E31-A973-7B29DAE4AAAA.jpeg

It’s funny, because we are the true kings of the ‘when did you know you were capable of winning the flag?’ / ‘when we went over to Port Adelaide and won [as pretty much anyone worth 2 pinches of sh¡t always does]’ confidence-boosting flag fluffers of the comp.

Kenny's touch with his players is as good as ever, the doubts against top teams were laid to rest - G. Whateley
Absolute crap. The challenges against top 4 teams will keep coming - starting with Carlton in round 12. They've already won in Adelaide this year (albeit controversially), so the ground holds no fears for them.

Kenny's touch with his players is as good as ever, the doubts against top teams were laid to rest - G. Whateley
I just texted in

"One win doesn't "put to rest" Hinkleys poor record against the top 4. It is just 22% over his career. One great win (following losses to Collingwood and Melbourne) doesn't prove anything. Make a Grand Final and I'll be convinced."

Let me know if he reads it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just texted in

"One win doesn't "put to rest" Hinkleys poor record against the top 4. It is just 22% over his career. One great win (following losses to Collingwood and Melbourne) doesn't prove anything. Make a Grand Final and I'll be convinced."

Good message, probably needed a thinly veiled personal insult towards Whateley though.

View attachment 1987789

It’s funny, because we are the true kings of the ‘when did you know you were capable of winning the flag?’ / ‘when we went over to Port Adelaide and won [as pretty much anyone worth 2 pinches of sh¡t always does]’ confidence-boosting flag fluffers of the comp.

More generally, we enjoy absolutely no statistical home ground advantage whatsoever.

Already this year we're converting both home (4-2) and away (2-1) games at the same rate. This has been the case for many years. And looking at the 3 games before the bye, we're very likely to be 5-3 at home and 3-1 away at the bye.

I guess we just won Janus Grand Final. Big Kenny only needs 1 good win a year and all is good and right with the Keninkley Foosball Club.
It's all Koch needs to announce that 2024 was a successful year, "Yeah we bombed out of finals in straight sets, but at least we beat Geelong at Geelong."

I just texted in

I switched off.. music is a better option when working in the shed

More generally, we enjoy absolutely no statistical home ground advantage whatsoever.

Already this year we're converting both home (4-2) and away (2-1) games at the same rate. This has been the case for many years. And looking at the 3 games before the bye, we're very likely to be 5-3 at home and 3-1 away at the bye.

In finals under the great one:

3-4 home
2-3 away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's getting really close to the point that Ken will need to put a restraining order out on Gerard.

Creepy mofo yearns for some of 'Kenny's touch'.

We all know the conflicted relationships, personal histories and roles that fuel the endless protection racket keeping a bubbled Hinkley floating along in his sea of mediocrity.

But it’s still amazing that barely 40 minutes of excellent footy — completely against the odds and expectations of friend and foe alike — is enough to trigger an avalanche of froth for a coach halfway through an unprecedented TWELVE seasons without success.

Lol.

Good message, probably needed a thinly veiled personal insult towards Whateley though.
Yeah I would have added something really subtle to the end like...

"One win doesn't "put to rest" Hinkleys poor record against the top 4. It is just 22% over his career. One great win (following losses to Collingwood and Melbourne) doesn't prove anything. Make a Grand Final and I'll be convinced. Oh and you're a ****ing campaigner Whately"

We all know the conflicted relationships, personal histories and roles that fuel the endless protection racket keeping a bubbled Hinkley floating along in his sea of mediocrity.

But it’s still amazing that barely 40 minutes of excellent footy — completely against the odds and expectations of friend and foe alike — is enough to trigger an avalanche of froth for a coach halfway through an unprecedented TWELVE seasons without success.

Lol.
In Ken’s own mind, he basically completed coaching on Friday night. For him, beating Geelong at Geelong is the absolute pinnacle. Hence why he celebrated like a Chimpanzee having a full-body spasm.

He knows deep down he’ll never take us to the promised land, nor does he care, all he knows is now he can go back to his Geelong cronies and say “haw haw at least I beat youse once down here”. To him, that’s his own personal premiership, a real career moment.

7141a259-fa78-4c03-8128-7c8bec4182ea_text.gif

Give up, we're all just dancing to his tune

That might be his premiership. a win at the cattery 12 years deep.

He can lounge back on the bench now with his hands in his pockets again & relax.
Which is why alarm bells should be ringing loudly, ahead of the Hawthorn game. Mission accomplished - all we need to do this week is show up and collect the 4 points.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back