Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced even he thinks he's a good coach. More like he can't believe his luck he's found himself a David Koch, and is going to ride that pony for every last cent he can squeeze out of it.
I Wish I could find myself a David Koch and george costanza my way to a lazy $10 mil.
Dunno Noddy. He gets pretty incensed when critcised or even an inference of criticism. He thinks we owe him.

I'm not convinced even he thinks he's a good coach. More like he can't believe his luck he's found himself a David Koch, and is going to ride that pony for every last cent he can squeeze out of it.
I Wish I could find myself a David Koch and george costanza my way to a lazy $10 mil.
Oh he thinks he’s a good coach orright.

Spends his time wondering why other people don’t see it that way.

Chad Cornes on radio said he knew we'd beat Geelong before the game because they had a good honest chat midweek after the showdown.

Remember when he said he knew we'd beat Geelong on 07 grand final week?

They're all cut from the same cloth.

I don’t see the issue with this

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn't really sure where to post this but have a read and compare Ange Postecoglou's coaching philosophy to ours.....

Chad Cornes on radio said he knew we'd beat Geelong before the game because they had a good honest chat midweek after the showdown.

So it's just a switch we can turn off and on when we please but we haven't chosen to do it in a prelim yet.
Watch out when we take finals seriously

Agree totally. If he thought he was a good coach, he wouldn't hate accountability so much. He'd assume he could explain why things hadn't worked. Instead he either avoids the discussion or falls to the most cliched answers possible about working harder.

Oh he thinks he’s a good coach orright.

Spends his time wondering why other people don’t see it that way.

Yeah, he’s previously been shown on Bounce ribbing journos before midweek press conferences — in such instances there’s a real ‘jock douchebag’ air to him that is worlds apart from the usual mumbling, stumbling goofball dad he’s often portrayed as.

I get the vibe he thinks he knows it all and everyone else is an idiot, his attitude toward club greats etc. Warren Tredrea or Russell Ebert in the past wandering down the halls would garner nothing more than a meh they don't know modern footy.
His players probably reflect it like Dixon dismissing a Ginever observation like he's a Gumeracha 3rds veteran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the vibe he thinks he knows it all and everyone else is an idiot, his attitude toward club greats etc. Warren Tredrea or Russell Ebert in the past wandering down the halls would garner nothing more than a meh they don't know modern footy.
His players probably reflect it like Dixon dismissing a Ginever observation like he's a Gumeracha 3rds veteran.
Nah, I think he knows he genuinely has no ****ing idea, doesn't let anybody else in the "inner sanctum" for fear of them discovering that he actually has no ****ing idea, particularly those who have tasted success in the past, because success is one thing that has constatntly eleuded him. He doesn't actually grasp what it is. Therefore he is frightened of it. The same way he is frightened that people will discover what a dim witted fraud he is. That's why he gets away with what he does. He hides his fraudulence behind a veneer of carebear coach who has just been unlucky. The guy has rat cunning, but he is a duplicitous self serving dullard.

Nah, I think he knows he genuinely has no ******* idea ....
I've posted before that Hinkley is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He genuinely believes he knows it all and, as others have posted, this is why he gets so riled over any criticism.

Nah, I think he knows he genuinely has no ******* idea, doesn't let anybody else in the "inner sanctum" for fear of them discovering that he actually has no ******* idea, particularly those who have tasted success in the past, because success is one thing that has constatntly eleuded him. He doesn't actually grasp what it is. Therefore he is frightened of it. The same way he is frightened that people will discover what a dim witted fraud he is. That's why he gets away with what he does. He hides his fraudulence behind a veneer of carebear coach who has just been unlucky. The guy has rat cunning, but he is a duplicitous self serving dullard.

Even when he did let people in (remember when we used to give access for TV shows) there was NOTHING! It's why the shows bombed.

For mine, Dixon is right up there with Troy Chaplin, when it comes to douchebags who have played for Port, after some of his derogatory comments about Port fans. If he announces his retirement this year, it'll be great news.

I've posted before that Hinkley is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He genuinely believes he knows it all and, as others have posted, this is why he gets so riled over any criticism.

So he's actually neither of:

People who know their sh1t

People who know they're sh1t

I wish these idiots would stop talking this rubbish to the media

just shut up.. doesn't need to be mentioned, just makes the club look foolish.. again

the AFL treat Hinkley like the special kid who needs artificial over the top congratulating and encouragement, exaggerating the little things and disregarding the negatives.

Chad Cornes is really writing himself into the A Decade of Dog Shit history book with recent comments. first it's "our fans don't understand McEntee because they don't sit behind the goals and see his pressure' and now this.

For mine, Dixon is right up there with Troy Chaplin, when it comes to douchebags who have played for Port, after some of his derogatory comments about Port fans. If he announces his retirement this year, it'll be great news.
Dixon accusing supporters who are critical of Hinkley as lacking intelligence was the final straw for me. I've posted before that if Dixon wasn't an AFL player he'd probably be operating a lollipop at some roadworks in outback Queensland.

I've said this for ages that he thinks he's the messiah from the Malborn teaching all the deplorable Hittites how to football.

From Saturday, May 25, 2 major milestones will be created on a weekly basis at Alberton - one to break the club record for AFL games played for Port, and the other to break the all time record for games coached without a grand final. Obviously one deserves praise, while the other deserves only ridicule and scorn. Unlike Kane Cornes, let's hope Ken doesn't get to 300.

So can we also say that Travis Boak is also the longest serving player across our entire history not to win a premiership yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back