Traded Sam Lloyd [traded to Western Bulldogs for pick 64]

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been strong rumours on the Dogs board for a while that we are keen to get him in. Recently someone has said it's a done deal.

What do people think he is worth? As a Dogs fan obviously I'm thinking a late pick, hoping Richmond fans agree.

28, and I believe uncontracted? Played only 7 games this year, for 5 goals. What else can people tell me?

Last edited:
There's been strong rumours on the Dogs board for a while that we are keen to get him in. Recently someone has said it's a done deal.

What do people think he is worth? As a Dogs fan obviously I'm thinking a late pick, hoping Richmond fans agree.

28, and I believe uncontracted? Played only 7 games this year, for 5 goals. What else can people tell me?
Would be a token trade IMO.

We'd probably like a 3rd rounder but reality is we will help me get to a team where he can play consistent senior footy.

Has improved massively from an undersized Ff to a gun VFL mid who tackles, wins the footy and uses it really well.

Is definitely AFL quality and has improved every facet of his game.

Nice HFF who can pinch on ball

Would be a token trade IMO.

We'd probably like a 3rd rounder but reality is we will help me get to a team where he can play consistent senior footy.

Has improved massively from an undersized Ff to a gun VFL mid who tackles, wins the footy and uses it really well.

Is definitely AFL quality and has improved every facet of his game.

Nice HFF who can pinch on ball
Sam?

3rd rounder please. He's the #1 non-best 22 player that I'd want to keep, so I'd be happy if he stays.
I thought similar about Hrovat and Stevens when they left us in 2016

We ended up getting reamed on both deals which were meant to be future pick upgrades, but we fell down the ladder and paid more than intended to

We have 3 4th rounders apparently, around the late 50s/early 60s range. I guess maybe we might throw one of them your way if we were interested.

I’ve always liked Lloyd, think he’d be a smart pickup for a number of clubs.

Would be happy to see him at Carlton next year.
I think he would be good at the Blues.
He worked his arse off to get into the AFL and has improved from an ok player to a very handy player that just cant break into the premiership team.
When he has played this year he has been very good.
I think if he wanted out it would be a 3rd/4th rounder
He is capable of kicking 35+ a year and getting 20 touches a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he would be good at the Blues.
He worked his arse off to get into the AFL and has improved from an ok player to a very handy player that just cant break into the premiership team.
When he has played this year he has been very good.
I think if he wanted out it would be a 3rd/4th rounder
He is capable of kicking 35+ a year and getting 20 touches a game.
I don't think he's capable of both.

It's either 20 touches or maybe 35+ goals but not both.

3rd rounder please. He's the #1 non-best 22 player that I'd want to keep, so I'd be happy if he stays.

Can't get a game good player not a gun
I thought similar about Hrovat and Stevens when they left us in 2016

We ended up getting reamed on both deals which were meant to be future pick upgrades, but we fell down the ladder and paid more than intended to

We have 3 4th rounders apparently, around the late 50s/early 60s range. I guess maybe we might throw one of them your way if we were interested.

Would probably get it done 3rd or 4th round good player but still fringe wouldn't want to lose him but could understand him wanting more game time. Can't ask to much for a half forward who can't get a regular game.

Can't get a game good player not a gun

Would probably get it done 3rd or 4th round good player but still fringe wouldn't want to lose him but could understand him wanting more game time. Can't ask to much for a half forward who can't get a regular game.
You wouldn't get a third rounder for him going on previous trades for fringe players

Very wishful thinking, developing KPPs like Soldo or Moore would probably fetch that price due to potential + development time put in them.

Best you could hope for would be say pick upgrades in that scenario (Tiges pick 55 + Lloyd for early 40s)

For example we got Crozier last year for a third rounder with him and a fifth rounder coming back, he at least was a regular for Freo at the time and is a few years younger. Lloyd is only fringe unfortunately, pick upgrades or a fourth rounder is probably his price.

Will start 2019 as a 29 year old, is uncontracted, 15 games in the past 2 years.

He has next to no value at the trade table. If Richmond want something for him their best bet is to keep him on depth, because he`s not going to fetch anything below 60 in a trade.

Personally think he`d be an upgrade on Wright so would take him but would be trying to sneak him in as a DFA.

3rd rounder? Jesus that's laughable.

I'd suspect Richmond will do him a favour and delist him so he can go as a DFA to the club of his choice. Otherwise a late swap of token picks.

He's old and not getting a game in the seniors - when that happens over a 2 to 3 year stretch clubs tend to put the welfare of the player first and do what they can to get them where they are going to get opportunities. If the Dogs and Bevo are sniffing around and see a role for him then it would be downright cruel to put any road blocks in his path there...

Loving the bulldogs fan's optimism.

"Give him to us for free!"

He's a player we want on our list. He plays games...Sure he's not best 22, but good enough that he plays half a dozen+ each year as injury cover, so he's clearly a useful part of our playing list. (and considering 'everyone' tells us how lucky we've been with injuries for the past 2 years, he'd play even more in a 'normal' year)

He also loves the club and is a great clubman, so unless you're pretty much guaranteeing him a starting spot every week, he's not going to be in a great hurry to leave.

You have 2 options...Offer Richmond a decent pick, or offer him a multi year deal, a decent paycheck along with some decent assurances that he'll get a lot more games so that he asks for a trade. If he asks, we'll cut our requirements to help him, but we wont just be giving away players we want to keep.

Simply put, if you want him that much, you'll need to come to the table with something we'll want.

Will start 2019 as a 29 year old, is uncontracted, 15 games in the past 2 years.

He has next to no value at the trade table. If Richmond want something for him their best bet is to keep him on depth, because he`s not going to fetch anything below 60 in a trade.

Personally think he`d be an upgrade on Wright so would take him but would be trying to sneak him in as a DFA.

Happy to do that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back