Who is the superior talent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

csharp

Debutant
Jan 15, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who do you think is the superior talent and why?

Important note: This is not a "Best player in the 2018 draft poll". Just comparing two players.

Walsh will be a consistently good possibly great player for 10 plus years. Rozee could be anything, the kid has some tricks.

Rozee has more talent for sure but Walsh is a day in day out performer who you can bank on to perform. Lots of talented people in many fields do not always fulfil their talent to its full potential. Would love to have them both at Carlton but I'm not exactly worried about having Walsh.

Rozee has more talent for sure but Walsh is a day in day out performer who you can bank on to perform. Lots of talented people in many fields do not always fulfil their talent to its full potential. Would love to have them both at Carlton but I'm not exactly worried about having Walsh.
Cant lose with either mate, I'm sure Carlton supporters will say there happy with Walsh and us port supporters wouldn't give up Rozee foe anyone. ( mind you Rowell is making me think twice😂)

Rozee a match winner and crazy X factor - These players can often go missing for long periods, but then blow you off the park in a 5 min burst

Walsh is reliable and consistent - Death by a thousand cuts type player that demands respect

Would take either in a heart beat at the Tigs.

Reckon both teams go what they needed

The hate is real. I said from the get go, only Rankin i would take ahead of Walsh and nothing has changed.

The King twins were simply not a requirement.

Smith has been good and good on him. Still have Walsh ahead, given he only broke every record for a rookie year last year.

And where is the heat on Rozee? He has been very average since round 2. Right now I would have Butters and Duursma ahead of Rozee based on performances this year.

There's all this weird hate and s**t thrown at Walsh and mount whatever argument you want about the other players, but don't throw Rozee into it.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hate is real. I said from the get go, only Rankin i would take ahead of Walsh and nothing has changed.

The King twins were simply not a requirement.

Smith has been good and good on him. Still have Walsh ahead, given he only broke every record for a rookie year last year.

And where is the heat on Rozee? He has been very average since round 2. Right now I would have Butters and Duursma ahead of Rozee based on performances this year.

There's all this weird hate and sh*t thrown at Walsh and mount whatever argument you want about the other players, but don't throw Rozee into it.

The King twins not a requirement????
That's plain crazy imo, you can never have too many 6ft7 guys that can run like the wind and actually play the game as well.
My opinion of Walsh has actually gone up this year, thought the mark he took against us a few weeks ago displayed incredible courage, so not having a crack at him but king twins are gonna cause massive headaches for OPPO defenders for next 10 years+.
All 7 on the list all gonna be great, my guess is each club wouldn't swap an for any of the others atm. Blues love Walsh, Port love connor, etc, just as It should be😊

I am a big fan of Rozee, not going to knock him, esp after his team got flogged, but blimey many of you have sold Walsh short, but his past month or so of football has been exceptional, with last night being his best game for the season.

Don't give me this Rhys Palmer ceiling s**t about Walshy, that is such an illogical and lazy analysis.

The King twins not a requirement????
That's plain crazy imo, you can never have too many 6ft7 guys that can run like the wind and actually play the game as well.
My opinion of Walsh has actually gone up this year, thought the mark he took against us a few weeks ago displayed incredible courage, so not having a crack at him but king twins are gonna cause massive headaches for OPPO defenders for next 10 years+.
All 7 on the list all gonna be great, my guess is each club wouldn't swap an for any of the others atm. Blues love Walsh, Port love connor, etc, just as It should be
We have too many KPP forwards and not enough quality mids. We definitely do not need the King Twins. If we didn't have a McKay, Curnow, McGovern, Casboult and TDK, then we can have that conversation, but we do and did at the time, so they were never considered.

Walsh showing why he was #1.

No second year Blues for him, not knocking any of the other top 6 they will all be very good players.

But Walsh has shown that he is consistent and will only improve, kid is brave as well. I am happy as all Carlton supporters are with him.

Can seriously mount a case Walsh wouldn’t go top 5 in a redraft
Interesting and want do your own personal re draft so to speak?

Your footy knowledge is curiously intriguing to me.

Interesting and want do your own personal re draft so to speak?

Your footy knowledge is curiously intriguing to me.
I’d personally take Lukosius, Rankine butters, Max king and Bailey smith over him. Walsh is solid that’s the best way I’d describe him.

Walsh is apparently 6'2 now, has still been growing.

Once he fills out we're looking at:

- 6'2 full time midfielder
- Can literally run all day (already elite at this)
- Is quick
- Can accumulate
- Can win contested ball
- Can kick snags (added that to his game this year)
- Can take a grab - won MOTY
- Leadership qualities

Boy did he clean up his kicking too in the back half of the year.

He's won every award possible so far in his short career really - RS, AFLCA best young player in his 2nd year. 8 votes in the brownlow too.

I can't believe people still try to knock him as 'vanilla' or 'low ceiling but consistent'. Tall poppy I guess. If you hold this view you just haven't watched him closely. Will be an absolute star for the next 10-12 years, just enjoy the show.

Both gun players and far far different types so very hard to compare.

Walsh just finished his season off amazing and Rozee was injured most of the year but then just tore apart a Prelim when back to full fitness.

Back