• 9 - 12

• 12 - 16

• Bottom 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Culley to finish top 10 in Brownlow
With an * next to his name

the rock wwe GIF

Prediction wooden spooners for 2023, but great to see so many youngsters picked up in draft. The rebuild has started another 7-10 older players need to go. If we get 3 or 4 guns out of all the young guys that will be a huge win.
Not only 'the young guys' (Culley, Chesser, some draftees) but also many of the existing non-credits crew with <20 games (think XON, Jamo, LEdwards, Winder, Clark, West, Foley etc).

We're not going to be a contender no matter what happens. So ... this is the year to really thoroughly examine the list so we hit 2024 with the core of our next PF side. And I don't mean giving a guy one game (out of position), then another six weeks later (also out of position).

But. But. But it means tough decisions for the MC.

I hope we raise our expectations as high as possible off the back of drafting a couple of 18 year olds so that we can crash and burn even more gloriously.
I do wonder how different the mood would be if we took Allan over Hewett.

People were melting over the idea of Ginbey, Allan + ruckman before the draft. But optimism appears to be sky high thanks to Redden Judd replacement Hewett. No pressure on the kid

I do wonder how different the mood would be if we took Allan over Hewett.

People were melting over the idea of Ginbey, Allan + ruckman before the draft. But optimism appears to be sky high thanks to Redden Judd replacement Hewett. No pressure on the kid

I think the enormous sigh of relief as we drafted an actual midfielder with a first round pick for the first time since 2013 had cured all ills. If we'd drafted Allan we'd still be all pent up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a worry when Rioli goes to port and already looks so much fitter than he ever did at west coast. I still predict WCE will be lucky not to get the wooden spoon this year. Lets hope they get themselves super fit over the preseason.

Its a worry when Rioli goes to port and already looks so much fitter than he ever did at west coast. I still predict WCE will be lucky not to get the wooden spoon this year. Lets hope they get themselves super fit over the preseason.
I think that's more on rioli than us. The way he conducted himself through his departure shows he's a selfish kent who only pulled his finger out when he was forced to (ie by fitting into a new team). The biggest test will be how he's going in the next 12-24 months.

To many of our players looked tired last year. Crouched over exhausted after quarter time, giving up the chase, even the wafl team couldn't sustain a 4 quarter effort. Fitness has to be the priority.

To many of our players looked tired last year. Crouched over exhausted after quarter time, giving up the chase, even the wafl team couldn't sustain a 4 quarter effort. Fitness has to be the priority.
The turnovers and broken gameplan wouldn't have helped. I wouldn't be surprised if we ran a lot more than the opposition, as we would spread hard from defence, only to turn over and have to sprint back

A huge problem we had this year we had our forwards trying to take the mark from the kickout. This clogged up the backline so the guys kicking out only had one option which was to bomb it out. Hurn & Witherton are terrific kicks but had no one in space to pinpoint the kick this needs to stop. Open up the space don't allow the forwards anywhere near the wing & make sure the forward leads from the goal square at the player.

Jack Darling putting an arm up in a pack on the wing is iconic though.

Top4
Lions
Demons
Cats
Bulldogs
Top8
Tigers
Swans
Freo
Blues
Top12
Port
Magpies
Eagles 8-10 wins ~90%
Giants
Bottom6
Sun's
Saints
Bombers
Crows
Hawks
Roos

Can see the 2 top/bottom teams sliding up or down a group in just about every category.
Don't see us kicking enough goals to threaten the top 8.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back