Player Watch Shai Bolton - The Next Best Player In The Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton behind Stengle...

shirley-temple.gif

View attachment 1489428
Wheres the stat for what jumper he wears? The yellow sash is worth -20 to every stat

Why not? Just vibes?

What about pressure acts?

And please furnish us with the statistics (i.e. actual numbers) that you do think are so important?
No, the small forward role as I said is the finishing act. If they are up the ground they are not crumbling the talls or doing their defensive role. Shai is about as good as Jeremy Cameron with more games and nowhere near as good as Tom Hawkins - it's not like he is breaking ground with the stat anyway. Score involvements is a much better indicator because it doesn't borrow the skill of the person you get it to, and Shai has the luxury of Lynch's accuracy to ride on for goal assists.

I already told you, i50 tackles, ground ball gets i50, goals and scoring efficiency. Bolton wins on the i50 gbg's but loses on the scoring efficiency i50 tackles and total goals. Pressure acts are a bees dick between them, and Shai gets a lot more exposure when on the ball.

No, the small forward role as I said is the finishing act. If they are up the ground they are not crumbling the talls or doing their defensive role. Shai is about as good as Jeremy Cameron with more games and nowhere near as good as Tom Hawkins - it's not like he is breaking ground with the stat anyway. Score involvements is a much better indicator because it doesn't borrow the skill of the person you get it to, and Shai has the luxury of Lynch's accuracy to ride on for goal assists.

I already told you, i50 tackles, ground ball gets i50, goals and scoring efficiency. Bolton wins on the i50 gbg's but loses on the scoring efficiency i50 tackles and total goals. Pressure acts are a bees dick between them, and Shai gets a lot more exposure when on the ball.
Your first paragraph makes no sense - "score involvements is a much better indicator because it doesn't borrow the skill of the person you get it to, and Shai..."

Anyway, the actual numbers please, and the source.

Thanks in advance.

Your first paragraph makes no sense - "score involvements is a much better indicator because it doesn't borrow the skill of the person you get it to, and Shai..."

Thanks in advance.
Well it does. Goal Assists are a subset of score assists that depend entirely on the receivers ability to convert.

Score assists tells the full tale of how many times the deliverer has put the ball into a scoring position.

Well it does. Goal Assists are a subset of score assists that depend entirely on the receivers ability to convert.

Score assists tells the full tale of how many times the deliverer has put the ball into a scoring position.
Whatever.

But the actual numbers now please? And source.

2.7 plus goal assists? Lol, what is that stat?

Modern small forwards are at the end of scoring chains, not at the start. Their job is to kick goals when their team has the ball and tackle when they dont. The key metrics are scoring efficiency, goals scored, tackles laid i50 and ground ball gets i50.

Even padding his stats with midfield time he can't catch Tyson. But like I said, nice creative work. Very interpretive.

Where are the stats you mention?

Why would you not consider goal assists or marks inside 50?

Why not? Just vibes?

What about pressure acts?

And please furnish us with the statistics (i.e. actual numbers) that you do think are so important?

Thanks in advance.

Whatever.

But the actual numbers now please? And source.
Are there actual numbers, or were you just vibing again, Rickety?

Good to see Stengle only pushed Bolton to the medium forward role instead of to the bench. Even Charlie Cameron couldn't budge him from the AA small forward spot. What a forward line, hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see that even the hate fueled bias against Richmond couldn't prevent him gaining aa recognition. Even they knew they couldn't justify leaving him out.
Every post I've seen from you has a strong victim mentality and unsavoury agressive approach. If you enjoy it, go for it. But for for those of us who are reading your content, it is very jarring and seldom focuses on your point.

/////

As for Shai, from what I've seen he's the most exciting player I can remember in the yellow sash in terms of skill since I was young and went along to see Andrew Krakouer. Both players have made me question reality, that was their immense skillset in terms of precise decision making in a moment.

Every post I've seen from you has a strong victim mentality and unsavoury agressive approach. If you enjoy it, go for it. But for for those of us who are reading your content, it is very jarring and seldom focuses on your point.

/////

As for Shai, from what I've seen he's the most exciting player I can remember in the yellow sash in terms of skill since I was young and went along to see Andrew Krakour. Both players have made me question reality, that was their immense skillset in terms of precise decision making in a moment.
I just dont bother pretending that the afl world doesn't hate us anymore. Its liberating to stop pretending. You'll find out in time. If we do win the flag this year, you'll see.

Or if he had done more than just kick goals like the other kpfs do these days.
We both know perfectly well that wasnt the issue, or else lynch would have still been in the team. But this isn't a thread about lynch no matter how much you want to turn it into another "geelong players are the greatest" wankfest

Bolton is copping some serious heat over the last few weeks as his reputation (mainly thanks to the media) and has come back to earth a bit. Will be interesting to see the impact he has in finals (plural with a bit of luck), where the top shelf players usually rise to the top.

Is not the best player in the game but is probably the most dangerous and fun to watch.
Bound to happen.
Extremely exciting to watch.
He's too good to be down for long imo.

Come on big fat tugger, no need to resort to childish names. I was engaging with you in a normal manner - childish flog.
Oh dear… gets upset with some word play when he’s called out 👶🏼. Surely an easier response would be to provide the data requested. If you do that I’m happy to delete and apologise.

Think I’ll only hear cricketz though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back