Sheffield Shield Round 10: South Australia v Western Australia @ Gilderol Stadium

SA v WA match result

• WA outright win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, SA with more bonus points

• Draw, WA with more bonus points

• Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the problem with SA cricket. Lehmann goes back to grade cricket last week and makes a double hundred against popgun bowling. In the Shield, he's made only one 50 in his past 15 innings. Weatherald, two 50s in his past 13 innings. They're not the only 2, but typical of most of the batting line up. Good to see new player McInerney getting some runs ... someone has to.

13 grade teams is way too many.

Good to see the bowlers outscoring Weatherald, Ferguson, Lehmann and Ross.

Why the * is Stoinis batting ahead of Cartwright?

Why the **** is Stoinis batting ahead of Cartwright?

Probably because they've both batted like s**t this season and it hasn't made much difference where in the order they've been batting. Stoinis should be playing futures, and would be if we had some alternatives.

Actually, the overall standard of top order batting in Sheffield Shield this season has been poor. How many times have we see lower order players bolstering the batting after the top order has failed. I suspect I know the reason for this, but people don't want to hear it, especially CA.

I really hate to think how feeble our Test batting will become over the next decade. Those wishing for 3 day Tests may well get their wish.

Love the performance by the young and inexperienced bowling unit, didn't watch any but that looks a very disciplined effort.

Actually, the overall standard of top order batting in Sheffield Shield this season has been poor. How many times have we see lower order players bolstering the batting after the top order has failed. I suspect I know the reason for this, but people don't want to hear it, especially CA.

I really hate to think how feeble our Test batting will become over the next decade. Those wishing for 3 day Tests may well get their wish.
could the duke ball be the cause? it could get better once more of our players are used to it.

Is this the same ground where wa tried to chase down a small total in a session and just fell short. Think Shaun made a ton or thereabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are WA going to declare or just bat until stumps tomorrow. I know we haven't batted well this year but maybe they are enjoying this too much

edit: rain delay.

Time to declare and just get them in and out asap if we can

Last edited:
Are WA going to declare or just bat until stumps tomorrow. I know we haven't batted well this year but maybe they are enjoying this too much

edit: rain delay.

Time to declare and just get them in and out asap if we can

Should have declared about 70 runs ago, knowing there'd be some rain on the way. Nobody needs 460 runs to defeat the Redbacks. Makes me think they're just happy to keep batting and pass SA on the ladder with bonus points.

Should have declared about 70 runs ago, knowing there'd be some rain on the way. Nobody needs 460 runs to defeat the Redbacks. Makes me think they're just happy to keep batting and pass SA on the ladder with bonus points.

I'd like to argue with that but I honestly can't.

Could easily have declared at lunch or maybe 30 minutes after and had a go at the Saccers. Batting on a bit poor in my view when we should be going for a win

Don’t you just love it when they start making runs when it’s all well and done.

Cartwright bringing up his 100 with a six. Gutsy move considering the men on boundary.

Paris has provided solid support.

T
Why keep batting?

Saccers have to win to overtake us on the table. Why don't we just go for the win? they are batting like they are trying to save the game not win it
tongue in cheek comment mate.

Jl should have got turner to declare while he was in the 90s for lols.

Back