Sheffield Shield Round 10: South Australia v Western Australia @ Gilderol Stadium

SA v WA match result

• WA outright win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, SA with more bonus points

• Draw, WA with more bonus points

• Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, the overall standard of top order batting in Sheffield Shield this season has been poor. How many times have we see lower order players bolstering the batting after the top order has failed. I suspect I know the reason for this, but people don't want to hear it, especially CA.

I really hate to think how feeble our Test batting will become over the next decade. Those wishing for 3 day Tests may well get their wish.

I agree with this. Being seeing a lot of lower orders get their top order out of the s**t way more often than I’m used to seeing and this is coming from a Bulls supporter who has seen them do this religiously over the past decade. I have a feeling it’s a mixture of a lot of things.

Such as the duke ball moving around, playing on what seems like more greentops this season, batting bonus point system set up making it so that you have to be continually pushing the runs along to maximise the benefits, bbl tampering with techniques and lower order batsman being a lot more confident with the willow, etc.

Love to know what reasons you had though

Nick Winter will play for Australia within 2 years. Bookmark it.
Does he bowl140kmh or over? If not the selectors will just overlook him.

Speaking of the selectors, I actually feel like Cartwright will be flown over if M.Mardh is injured(even tho he has done close to Sfa this season).

Good day that. Late as it came, nice to see Hilton in good touch putting forward a timely reminder and also for the confidence of Agar after not getting a chance with the ball in the first innings. Paris providing his standard early breakthrough too.

Looks like we really could have used some extra time, huh?

Good work, WA.

Maybe giving the short ball a bit of a miss and pitch up the swinging ball a bit more might help as well. A lot of effort for not much return so far with all the bouncers that the Saccers duck under and ignore

Bosisto is a crab. done nothing this game and then drops fergurson on 90.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad this waste-of-a-season is over, are SA ever gonna break this stupid drought?!? There’s a parasite or two within the $ACA that needs to be disposed of for us to be successful. How on earth can a good side finish dead-last after making the final in the past 2 seasons?!?

Glad this waste-of-a-season is over, are SA ever gonna break this stupid drought?!? There’s a parasite or two within the $ACA that needs to be disposed of for us to be successful. How on earth can a good side finish dead-last after making the final in the past 2 seasons?!?
Very even comp this season, any number of sides could have made the final/finished last.

Very even comp this season, any number of sides could have made the final/finished last.
Still a waste regardless, plus our players have such inflated egos as a result of the stupid BBBL. If they REALLY want to win the Shield, then they must stop being so money hungry & give up playing the shortest form ASAP otherwise this stupid drought will continue :(

Still a waste regardless, plus our players have such inflated egos as a result of the stupid BBBL. If they REALLY want to win the Shield, then they must stop being so money hungry & give up playing the shortest form ASAP otherwise this stupid drought will continue :(
That's daft. Victoria have won, what, the past 3 Shields and all of their players play T20.

You say this every season but the reality is that they aren't going to get anything out of playing Grade Cricket for 8 weeks whilst the rest of the country are playing in front of 50k crowds, enjoying themselves.

That's daft. Victoria have won, what, the past 3 Shields and all of their players play T20.
Dean doesn't and Harris is in and out of his side.

Our batting let us down heaps this season. I can see Cartwright batting at 4 but I only see stoinis as a number 5 or 6. We need to look at getting guys that are gun higher order batsmen.

Back